TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who Do You Want To See In The World Series?

:censored: ............5-0 Yankees on top of the Angels.........

Freeway Series going down in Flames??????????

I know it's not over until the last out of the last game but the way our

locals are playing I am looking forward to the Phillies pounding the "DAMN YANKEES"..............

Freeway Series? :hysterical:

Good luck with that! :hysterical:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off topic.....I noticed a batter for the Angels smelled his bat after hitting a foul ball. I thought that was kind of odd so I did a search and I found this.

When they do it after a foul ball they're trying to see if the laces on the ball cracked the bat. You can smell the burn from of the ball hitting the bat which may mean that the bat is broken. This happened to Nick Swisher when he was with the White Sox. He fouled a Verlander fastball off and immediately pulled the bat to his nose because he could smell the burn on the bat. On his next swing the bat broke before the ball even got to the bat.

Learn something new everyday.

Do the Dodgers have any life left?

6 out of the 28 teams down 3-1 in NLCS history have come back to win the series,

does anyone see that happening this year?

The Red Sox were down 3-0 against the Yankess in 2004, came back and won the WHOLE SERIES.... :superhero: I believe that was the biggest comeback in history in the ALCS.... :happy feet: so ANYTHING can happen.... :lurk:

Read and weep..... :cry:

The club was founded in 1901, as one of the American League's eight charter franchises. They were a dominant team in the new league—defeating the Pittsburgh Pirates in the first World Series in 1903. They won four more championships by 1918, and then went into one of the longest championship droughts in baseball history, which ended in 2004, when the team won their sixth World Series Championship. Since 2003, the Red Sox have competed in four ALCS, have won two World Series, and have emerged as arguably the most successful MLB team of the last decade.

The club was founded in 1901, as one of the American League's eight charter franchises. They were a dominant team in the new league—defeating the Pittsburgh Pirates in the first World Series in 1903. They won four more championships by 1918, and then went into one of the longest championship droughts in baseball history, which ended in 2004, when the team won their sixth World Series Championship. Since 2003, the Red Sox have competed in four ALCS, have won two World Series, and have emerged as arguably the most successful MLB team of the last decade.

4 years isnt a decade the last time I checked.

the most successful team of the last 4 years........maybe.........6 world championships in 106 years is hardly anything to get excited about

from where I stand. At this rate, you wont see another one.....IN YOUR LIFETIME! :hysterical:

I recently heard that after Johnny Damon "left" the Red Sux, t-shirts appeared at fenway that said...

Johhny Damon...

He looks like Jesus

He acts like Judas

He throws like Mary!

:hysterical::hysterical:

I dont care what team you root for.......thats just funny! :hysterical:

4 years isnt a decade the last time I checked.

the most successful team of the last 4 years........maybe.........6 world championships in 106 years is hardly anything to get excited about

from where I stand. At this rate, you wont see another one.....IN YOUR LIFETIME! :hysterical:

I recently heard that after Johnny Damon "left" the Red Sux, :club: t-shirts appeared at fenway that said...

Johhny Damon...

He looks like Jesus

He acts like Judas

He throws like Mary!

:hysterical::hysterical:

I dont care what team you root for.......thats just funny! :hysterical:

Can't I just enjoy a little bit of the past ..... :finger:

And I thought Damon lived in a Cave until he turned into a TRADER..... :club::hysterical2:

Wade Boggs! :hysterical::hysterical:

I liked him..... :happy feet: Can't forget Carlton Fisk, Jim Rice, Fred Lynn, Dwight Evans, Carl Yastrzemski.... :happy feet: Shall I continue or have you heard enough.... :hysterical:

And I grew up watching baseball with my Daddy..... :jackinbox:

Oh and I want to forget about Bill Buckner.... :doh:

Hi SS,

Where are the Red Socks now? ....Oh that's right they are home knitting their red socks :baby: .....LOL :hysterical:

Looks like it might be Yankees and Philly's in the World Series this year. :peelout:

Could be the Yankees 40th ALCS Pennant and 27th World Series title.....the most successful sports franchise in History!

Hi SS,

Where are the Red Socks now? ....Oh that's right they are home knitting their red socks :baby: .....LOL :hysterical:

Looks like it might be Yankees and Philly's in the World Series this year. :peelout:

Could be the Yankees 40th ALCS Pennant and 27th World Series title.....the most successful sports franchise in History!

Sheesh hello to you to George.... :finger::hysterical:

I hope everything is going well missed seeing you this summer but then again what summer?? :headscratch:

Looking forward to 2010 already....... :happy feet: ;)

Archived