TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Clutch much bigger than the 07-09.

jared@lethal

We took our car apart this week to do our build and while we were in there we put in a Mcleod RXT twin disc clutch kit. We were actually quite impressed at the size of the stock 2010 clutch. It's much larger than the previous 07-09 version. Looks like the discs are atleast 1" larger in diameter than the previous year. The entire assembly is thicker and just appears to be much beefier than the older version.

IMG_0270.jpg

One thing I'll note about the 2010 clutch is that there was no chatter at all when slipping the clutch from a complete stop. Not once did I experience this with our 2010. Although I believe our 08' drove like a dream too and was a pleasure to drive I did notice that the clutch had some slight chatter when trying to slip it from a stop.

Figured I'd give you guys my personal experience with both clutches. Looks like they did their homework on the 2010.

Comparison pics to come soon.

Jared

We took our car apart this week to do our build and while we were in there we put in a Mcleod RXT twin disc clutch kit. We were actually quite impressed at the size of the stock 2010 clutch. It's much larger than the previous 07-09 version. Looks like the discs are atleast 1" larger in diameter than the previous year. The entire assembly is thicker and just appears to be much beefier than the older version.

IMG_0270.jpg

One thing I'll note about the 2010 clutch is that there was no chatter at all when slipping the clutch from a complete stop. Not once did I experience this with our 2010. Although I believe our 08' drove like a dream too and was a pleasure to drive I did notice that the clutch had some slight chatter when trying to slip it from a stop.

Figured I'd give you guys my personal experience with both clutches. Looks like they did their homework on the 2010.

Comparison pics to come soon.

Jared

thanks for yhe information jared.

Can I buy that stock 2010 clutch kit off of you? Or is it toast already and that is why you dumped it

Are you reusing the factory slave cylinder (TOB) on your Mcleod install?

Is there any shims needed with the Mcleod, how is the install, and how does it perform?

Sorry Chuck but our stock clutch isn't for sale. I've got to send it off for someone to look at first and then we're gonna have it as a backup just incase we need it.

As far as the slave goes we're using the stock one. We didn't shim it at all with the RXT however I have no clue where the clutch is going to engage yet as we haven't gotten the car up and running yet. Once we do I'll let you guys know if it needed to be shimmed or not.

Thanks, Jared

Archived