TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Minor mods

iceman

My lovely wife decided that rather than her buy my gifts she would let me pick our 3-5 minor mods (meaning about $100 each tops) for the new ride. She won't agree to letting me spend it all on one thing so exhaust is out as the deal is "a few appearance things"

I have my eye on a couple of things and was wondering what the community things of this list:

1. Hood Struts - anyone know who makes them for the GT500? STEEDA?

2. Dead Pedal - STEEDA

3. Chrome Tail Light Trim - STEEDA I guess?

4. Billet Shifter Bezel

5. Billet Window Switch Bezel

I was wondering if anyone has used these (4 & 5) and how the adhesive works. Does it melt off in the summer heat or is it pretty good and looks like it belongs?

If anyone has any other Cheap ideas to throw in I'm open to ideas. I considered the Billet Brake Handle cover but can't decide if I like that. All of it will be plain with no Steeda engraving other than perhaps the struts?

THanks for any input.

One of my Christmas gifts is a "start" button like Orf has got. It's right at $100.

I also have the struts from Steeda. I like both. Can't go wrong with either.

Of course, if you can talk her into consolidating all the gifts into one, a preloaded SCT unit is the best bang for the buck. Plenty of tuners to pick from, but there are a couple who are active on this site.

I also have the struts from Steeda. I like both. Can't go wrong with either.

Of course, if you can talk her into consolidating all the gifts into one, a preloaded SCT unit is the best bang for the buck. Plenty of tuners to pick from, but there are a couple who are active on this site.

I ordered the VMP tune already - it's actually on the way here and had made it to Lousville, KT before 10am today so it will get here tonight or in the morning I'm sure :) I held off on the CAI for the simple fact that I just handed over a 53K check to a dealer last sat. and bought the tune/tuner from Justin. I want the CAI and exhaust the most but the wife wants me to get a few things not 1 thing.....The rule is I pick a list of about 5-7 then she will get them for me but I don't know what time or when....I figure some now for my B-day and some for X-mas and then maybe one for Vday.

I know I want the hood struts and the dead pedal. I am pretty sure i like the chrome trim for the tail likghts too - Ruf's looks good. I am trying to stick with all of my things being the brushed alum. inside and like the shifter bezel but have not made up my mind on the window swithc bezels....I fear the sticky stuff getting hot and them sliding around getting goop all over so I'm debating on those a lot.

I am not doing the start button because I think I'll be needing a radar detector...also denied by the wife for now.

My lovely wife decided that rather than her buy my gifts she would let me pick our 3-5 minor mods (meaning about $100 each tops) for the new ride. She won't agree to letting me spend it all on one thing so exhaust is out as the deal is "a few appearance things"

I have my eye on a couple of things and was wondering what the community things of this list:

1. Hood Struts - anyone know who makes them for the GT500? STEEDA?

2. Dead Pedal - STEEDA

3. Chrome Tail Light Trim - STEEDA I guess?

4. Billet Shifter Bezel

5. Billet Window Switch Bezel

I was wondering if anyone has used these (4 & 5) and how the adhesive works. Does it melt off in the summer heat or is it pretty good and looks like it belongs?

If anyone has any other Cheap ideas to throw in I'm open to ideas. I considered the Billet Brake Handle cover but can't decide if I like that. All of it will be plain with no Steeda engraving other than perhaps the struts?

THanks for any input.

I Know these aren't "mods", but....

I wonder if you can get 3 dyno pulls as a baseline for about $100?

A first oil change kit would be about $50

An MP3 player to use in the car or some new CDs

Won't Carroll Shelby sign a part for $100?

Dave

I Know these aren't "mods", but....

I wonder if you can get 3 dyno pulls as a baseline for about $100?

A first oil change kit would be about $50

An MP3 player to use in the car or some new CDs

Won't Carroll Shelby sign a part for $100?

Dave

Those are some interesting ideas....I'm going to put the Dyno pulls on the list and see what she does with that....I'm not certain she'll do more than give me $100 bill in a tie box but that'll work. I burn my music off of Limewire so I'm good there. As long as there is a little Kid Rock and Johny Cash on each CD for my 2 yr old (yes 2 and that's what he likes) we're OK.

This will probably piss some people off but I son't know that I want Shelby to sign anything. I half way do but that's not why I got the car and I'm afraid it would look like grafitti if i get it in the wrong place. I am considering the center console with the Cobra and trying to get the inside of it signed though (I think that may be $200 for him to sign so likely done on my own). I have decided agains the dash, glove box, visor, etc because I like the clean look....maybe odd but I can't help it, I'm anal....I kinda like the plaque with the VIN though.

I called Steeda and am taking the sales guy's (Don who seems pretty cool) word for it that the new hood struts look great. They are not on the web yet so no pics and I'm putting those on the list...I know I'll get them as they are my #1 desire even at 130 bucks she'll do it.

My list is now:

1. Hood Struts from Steeda - new not yet on web (I'll post pics when...I mean if I get them)

2. Dead Pedal

3. Dyno Runs (Great Idea)

4. SA tail light trim (tail lights, 3rd light, & quarter lights)

5. Billet Shifter Bezel - Plain bushed aluminum

6. Shelby autos gift cert or $ to get things in Feb - they have fluid caps, dip stick handles, etc that I like

7. Center console avail. in Feb from Shelby Autos also with Cobra on it

8. Oil Change Kit

9. Any official Shelby posters, models, or paraphanalia

I think that's my list and if i get a couple of those I'll be pretty pleased:)

Then I have to get the CAI (I like JLT's but am waiting to see what else comes out - Steeda has one in the works, VMP I think does too, I'm sure there are others) I'll be needing Exhaust shortly after that then will be on to suspension I think....Although I like those 20" Razors quita alot and that would give me a nice reason to burn up some tires :)

I have the Steeda hood props and they are awesome. You say you are waiting on other cold air kits, I have JLT's and it was even 2 Lbs. lighter than stock. ( And looks even better in person) Jay is working on color tinted carbon fiber also. I saw the blue one today and it looks great.

Good to hear - I am always a bit leary ordering something unseen...kinda like handing over a 53K check for a car I never drove but that worked out OK.

I'm itching to get the CAI but am trying to wait a little while to see what options come out. I think I'll end up with a JLT when it's all said and done as they clearly know their stuff and have been good to people on here. I'm sorta holding out hope they offer a custom paint option for this one like they did for some others...I's like to do some white lightning bolts with silver trim on something like the dark carbon fiber.....just to look different and make it really stand out.

I have to remember this is not even a week old - I'll be broke if i buy all I want to right away :)...or have the Mrs do it.

iceman - you've got some great ideas here - plenty to choose from.

When you're ready for a detector - PM Orf. He has The System. Trust me.

One word of advice - less is more!

Glad you like my tail light grids.

Have fun with the ride and have a safe holiday, you hear? :shift:

Archived