TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shiftlamp / ShiftTone

Bit_Surfer

That's all personal preference. If you're tracking it, chances are you'll never hear it anyway. These cars are limited at 6250RPM's

Mine is set at 5400 for street playing. To be honest, it's a gadget, and that's about it.

I set mine at 5500. By the time I see or hear it, the tach will probably be a little higher prior to my shift.

5500 sounds good. I can always change it easily anyway. And I agree, there is a certain amount of reaction time involved from the time you hear or see it and get shifted.

Thanks for the replies!

5500 sounds good. I can always change it easily anyway. And I agree, there is a certain amount of reaction time involved from the time you hear or see it and get shifted.

Thanks for the replies!

That's if you hear it! :hysterical: 5500 on my GT500 as well.

• 6 months later...

Stupid question from a new owner of 2009 KR #196. How do you set the shift light and I noticed the SVT light comes on as well which is pretty cool. I had a 2008 Shelby GT500 and I don't recall that car having the SVT light up. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Stupid question from a new owner of 2009 KR #196. How do you set the shift light and I noticed the SVT light comes on as well which is pretty cool. I had a 2008 Shelby GT500 and I don't recall that car having the SVT light up. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If you toggle through pressing the "setup" button it will bring you to shift tone/light, and just follow the instructions. It will give you a quick ref in the manual too if you need the specifics.

There is a yellowish light for fuel consumption, and passed that the "SVT" logo is the shift light that you can preset to whatever rpm you want. The SVT light may have been turned off in your other car perhaps. :shrug:

Congrats on the KR!

Archived