TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I just bought a 2010 Shelby Mustang which they are building for me this month

rimbamboo

I got the shaker 1000 sound system as my only option. Is it a good sound system?

I've heard mixed reviews on the system...depends on whether not you are an audiophile or not. Congrats on the car. I have the shaker500 system...and I would call it "adequate" in terms of sound quality. By no means crystal clear...just average in my opinion.

jusy picked mine up yesterday. took it for 1st real ride today. your going to love it . congrats. good luck enjoy. by far best car i ever owned.

S/S,

I'm curious to know how you define "by far best car i ever owned"?

Are you referring to build quality?

Performance?

Stats?

Looks?

The level of satisfaction you get from owning/driving it?

The sheer "fun quotient"?

I ask, because, like rimbamboo, I have never seen one in person, nor driven one, but somehow seem captivated by them as well as I prepare to ready for purchase soon.

How do others here feel about owning their GT500's?

Thanks,

-Pockdog

I've heard mixed reviews on the system...depends on whether not you are an audiophile or not. Congrats on the car. I have the shaker500 system...and I would call it "adequate" in terms of sound quality. By no means crystal clear...just average in my opinion.

I think I'll be happy. Just curious....

jusy picked mine up yesterday. took it for 1st real ride today. your going to love it . congrats. good luck enjoy. by far best car i ever owned.

Thanks, G-money. Congrats on your ride as well. Its been a REALLY long time since i've driven a car that gave an adrenaline rush. My last two cars were a mercury tracer and a mercury milan. How fuckng lame is that?

pockdog, i only have the car two days .so i should say best looking + most fun to drive.i never owned any real high end cars . i did own a 82 gt, 93 svt cobra, 08 gt, its the best mustang i`ve owned.i could be having a problem with cooling system. so tomarrow i might tell the car stinks.

Yeah dont get to worked up just yet. Like I posted in the other thread, these are all simple fixes as long as you don't run the car hot/cold/hot/cold ect. This causes major problem.

• 1 month later...
Which dealership did you order from, out of curiosity?

I got mine from Weisleder Ford in Pt Pleasant, NJ: http://weislederlm.dealerconnection.com/?lang=en

I picked it up like 3 weeks ago. Driving it home, I was never so nervous behind the wheel of a car since my driving test as a 16 year old! Anyway, I love it. I never even saw a Shelby GT500 2010 before setting on the car that was mine. LOVED it from first sight. Just what I wanted. And fun to drive? WOW. Thing is like a sling shot. I really can't believe I have my dream car. Its a nice feeling.

Anyone in the area considering buying should check out Weisleder Ford in Pt Pleasant, NJ. I felt very comfortable dealing with them.

Cheers!!!!!!

I got mine from Weisleder Ford in Pt Pleasant, NJ: http://weislederlm.dealerconnection.com/?lang=en

I picked it up like 3 weeks ago. Driving it home, I was never so nervous behind the wheel of a car since my driving test as a 16 year old! Anyway, I love it. I never even saw a Shelby GT500 2010 before setting on the car that was mine. LOVED it from first sight. Just what I wanted. And fun to drive? WOW. Thing is like a sling shot. I really can't believe I have my dream car. Its a nice feeling.

Anyone in the area considering buying should check out Weisleder Ford in Pt Pleasant, NJ. I felt very comfortable dealing with them.

Cheers!!!!!!

Congrats bud! It is an awesome machine ain't it? Picked mine up last week and love just about everything about it. Can't wait to get it broken in a bit. Only have 250 miles so far. Post a pic or two when u get a chance.. How are you planning to break it in?

Guy says I should get it by the end of the year. I can hardly wait. Never driven one, never even saw one. What is it like to drive?

cheers!

Congratulations RimBamboo. It should probably be warm enough by late March in NJ for you to be able to drive it properly :o

Didn't mean to rain on your parade old chap, but any outside temperature below the mid/high forties and the car is pretty well too much of a handful - IMO

Cheers, Megs ;)

S/S,

I'm curious to know how you define "by far best car i ever owned"?

Are you referring to build quality?

Performance?

Stats?

Looks?

The level of satisfaction you get from owning/driving it?

The sheer "fun quotient"?

I ask, because, like rimbamboo, I have never seen one in person, nor driven one, but somehow seem captivated by them as well as I prepare to ready for purchase soon.

How do others here feel about owning their GT500's?

Thanks,

-Pockdog

This car makes no sense to me, it does not fit my family, It's not the best car I have owned, It's the worst 50k I ever spent, I can only drive it about 7 months a yr. It drinks fuel, it keeps you up at night, and then you get in it, start it and go hmm. pull it out of the driveway, start to accelerate and suddenly you start to grin, the blower starts to whine, the grin is now a full smile, There is now absolutely nothing on your mind, you may even forget your name and what day it is or become dizzy (I have done this)You row through the gears and finally settle to a cruise after you realize your going 100mph. You never stop smiling and think, Dam, I love this car, it's the best thing I've ever bought. You will go through this everytime you drive it.

To all you that are waiting, I waited 18 months, It's worth it! You will love this car, Everytime you drive it you will forget how much it cost. Enjoy.

Congratulations RimBamboo. It should probably be warm enough by late March in NJ for you to be able to drive it properly :o

Didn't mean to rain on your parade old chap, but any outside temperature below the mid/high forties and the car is pretty well too much of a handful - IMO

Cheers, Megs ;)

After I got the car I read the owners manual and saw the part about not driving the car in temps 43d or lower. We had a cold night but my in-home thermo said it was 53 out. I took it for a short cruise and at the first corner found myself "dirt tracking" it around the corner! That was with the TC "ON". Man, they weren't lyin'! It's a very controlable slide but none the less, a 'slide'. The tires felt like Flintstone's. Maybe the outside temp was 53 but the roads must'a still been colder.

But put the same tires on a hot road and they stick like glue.

That's been my experience so far,

Phill Pollard - Co. Springs, CO

After I got the car I read the owners manual and saw the part about not driving the car in temps 43d or lower. We had a cold night but my in-home thermo said it was 53 out. I took it for a short cruise and at the first corner found myself "dirt tracking" it around the corner! That was with the TC "ON". Man, they weren't lyin'! It's a very controlable slide but none the less, a 'slide'. The tires felt like Flintstone's. Maybe the outside temp was 53 but the roads must'a still been colder.

But put the same tires on a hot road and they stick like glue.

That's been my experience so far,

Phill Pollard - Co. Springs, CO

Wonder if the verts softer suspension and 18 wheels make a difference.Ive been out in low 30s and run around alot in 3rd,and Ive been fine

Is there a break in period for the Shelby? Or can you start driving it hard right away?

Actually, a "spirited" break in helps new parts to mate better, especially the rings. I'm not saying to live at redline, but rowing through them gears ain't gonna hurt it. I've bought 15 new cars, and never babied any of them on break in. Here's an article on break in that has good info.

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Guy says I should get it by the end of the year. I can hardly wait. Never driven one, never even saw one. What is it like to drive?

cheers!

Congrats on the new great ride and welcome to this great forum TS!

I agree with you on the fact that (for me too) this is the best car i ever owned...and i had M3 before!

But you know what..it will never be complete here on TS without a whole bunch of :camera::camera::camera::camera::camera::camera::camera:

Yep, that is about my experience also. Thanks for the reminder to read the manual - I'd better get mine out of the wrapper in case there are any other surprises! :)

Megs

This car makes no sense to me, it does not fit my family, It's not the best car I have owned, It's the worst 50k I ever spent, I can only drive it about 7 months a yr. It drinks fuel, it keeps you up at night, and then you get in it, start it and go hmm. pull it out of the driveway, start to accelerate and suddenly you start to grin, the blower starts to whine, the grin is now a full smile, There is now absolutely nothing on your mind, you may even forget your name and what day it is or become dizzy (I have done this)You row through the gears and finally settle to a cruise after you realize your going 100mph. You never stop smiling and think, Dam, I love this car, it's the best thing I've ever bought. You will go through this everytime you drive it.

To all you that are waiting, I waited 18 months, It's worth it! You will love this car, Everytime you drive it you will forget how much it cost. Enjoy.

This is perfect and absolutely right. I have 150 miles on mine and yes it is not the best car I have owned but you get in it, you drive it and you can't get that stupid smile off your face. Its pure fun.

I picked up my daughter at her school the day I got it and I got the evil eye from the principal. He could hear the car coming. This definitely took me back to high school and getting the same look then as well.

Enjoy it! :happy feet:

And a BIG AMEN to that brother ! :shift:

Archived