TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 NASCAR Shelby 427 at Las Vegas

ilmor

According to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway website, the 2010 February race will once again be known as the "Shelby 427".

Is this correct?

I quote:

"

Weekend Packages

February 26 - 28, 2010

Sit in style during the 2010 NASCAR Weekend and enjoy the finest view of the competition as it unfolds on the 20-degree banking. This area located along and high above the front stretch, offers a terrific view of the racing and pit action. The terraces feature wide, flip-down seats with cup holders and a private concourse with restrooms, concessions and elevator access. This weekend package includes admission for Friday's qualifying, Saturday's Sam's Town 300 and Sunday's Shelby 427."

web page = http://www.lvms.com/events/2010_nascar_weekend/

:lurk:

Tom,

I will be there, but this year my brother will be joining me. PENCIL US IN ON ANY EVENTS!!!!

Dan

Pencil in the 140+ trip going up the back way : ) Hey Tom, got those hood pins fixed, LOL.

Mike

Sounds like it will be another awesome Las Vegas race weekend-

We've decided to go to the 50th Winternational this years instead.

I've got two weekend (Fri-Sat-Sun) tickets to sell or trade for WinterNationals tickets-

I've renewed this tickets for 8 yrs straight.... These are some of the best seats you can get with the handicap section behind you, this makes available extra space for storage and no obnoxious fan to spill beer on your backside...

Section 2S (Blue) Row 30 (Row 31 & 32 is a flat cement area for wheel chair access)

High enough to see the complete track but still close enough to enjoy the action on pit row....

http://www.lvms.com/images/section2.jpg

$215 a ticket + $15 service charge = $445

The 1st Shelby 427 in Feb '09 was a GREAT event. All the TS Members received the tickets from SAI, which helped with the trip. I doubt that SAI will have tickets for the Shelby 427 in Feb '10. What is the price for the tickets? Would SAI have a better price?

Tom

The 1st Shelby 427 in Feb '09 was a GREAT event. All the TS Members received the tickets from SAI, which helped with the trip. I doubt that SAI will have tickets for the Shelby 427 in Feb '10. What is the price for the tickets? Would SAI have a better price?

Tom

I don't know - since we weren't hearing anything, I jumped on mine because the good (IMO) seats were going fast. I got the weekend package Fri thru Sunday. You can see what's available by going to http://www.lvms.com/events/2010_nascar_weekend/

According to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway website, the 2010 February race will once again be known as the "Shelby 427".

Is this correct?

Does anyone know the answer to the original topic question yet?

Has anyone been to the Neon Garage at the track? Is it better to watch the race from there or at your seats? I'm looking into tickets and not sure if it's worthwhile or not. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Never been to the track so I can't answer your question but.... Unless you know someone, the only tickets left are between turns 3 and 4.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Has anyone been to the Neon Garage at the track? Is it better to watch the race from there or at your seats? I'm looking into tickets and not sure if it's worthwhile or not. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan,

The Neon garage is an excellent place to watch the Cup teams work during Saturday's practice but doesn't allow very good visablilty of the track unless you don't mind watching it on the HUGE big screen in the center of the food/beverage area... I usually watch the Saturday practice in the Neon spend then head out to me seat just beofre the Nationalwide race starts. After the Nationwide race I then head back into the Neon Garage and watch the Victory Lane celebration while waiting out the traffic. There's plenty of beverages and entertainment to pass the time (beats seating in traffic).

In the past I've purchased Neon tickets Saturday morning, the tickets have yet to ever sell out. You could also splurge and purchase a COLD or HOT pit pass for Sunday morning.

Video from NEON GARAGE

http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?f...09/P2280256.flv

Photo's from NEON GARAGE

P2280376.jpg

P2280285.jpg

P2280333.jpg

Fun things to see and do with COLD/HOT PIT PASS

You can get run down by cars on there way to the grid

P3010475.jpg

Have lunch with the teams and drivers ;)

P3010517.jpg

Maybe meet Mike Helton

P3010498.jpg

Last but not least, try to steal a 427 Pace Car :happy feet:

P3010505.jpg

P3010512.jpg

Never been to the track so I can't answer your question but.... Unless you know someone, the only tickets left are between turns 3 and 4.

I have a pair of 3 day tickets available (Fri-Sat-Sun) on the front streach

Section 2S (Blue) Row 30

Face value- $215 a ticket + $15 service charge = $445

TEAM SHELBY SPECIAL $400 for the pair, postage included

These would make an excellent Christmas gift for that someone special :shift:

Check or Paypal accepted

Dan,

The Neon garage is an excellent place to watch the Cup teams work during Saturday's practice but doesn't allow very good visablilty of the track unless you don't mind watching it on the HUGE big screen in the center of the food/beverage area... I usually watch the Saturday practice in the Neon spend then head out to me seat just beofre the Nationalwide race starts. After the Nationwide race I then head back into the Neon Garage and watch the Victory Lane celebration while waiting out the traffic. There's plenty of beverages and entertainment to pass the time (beats seating in traffic).

In the past I've purchased Neon tickets Saturday morning, the tickets have yet to ever sell out. You could also splurge and purchase a COLD or HOT pit pass for Sunday morning.

Thanks for the info FordFan1, sounds like it's definitely worth it . Like I said earlier, I'm bringing my younger brother with me to the race. He was shot up pretty bad over in Afghanistan last year and sustained serious damage to his left knee and leg. I want to make this trip memorable for him.

He is a big NASCAR fan and I want to show him that I am glad I still have him. We already have tickets to the race, kind of in the same area as we all received last year from Team Shelby. I plan on taking him to the museum on Monday, after the race like I went last year. Only we won't be able to have lunch at the cafe before heading home. :cry:

And ofcourse, we're drving the Shelby to Vegas. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Weekend Packages

February 26 - 28, 2010

Sit in style during the 2010 NASCAR Weekend and enjoy the finest view of the competition as it unfolds on the 20-degree banking. This area located along and high above the front stretch, offers a terrific view of the racing and pit action. The terraces feature wide, flip-down seats with cup holders and a private concourse with restrooms, concessions and elevator access. This weekend package includes admission for Friday's qualifying, Saturday's Sam's Town 300 and Sunday's Shelby American. This package is renewable each year.

Pricing:

$99 - $245 (All persons regardless of age require a ticket)

The Vegas 4-Pack is available in sections 1 and 3 rows 1-3 for $316 by calling the LVMS Ticket Office at 800-644-4444 or 702-644-4444.

from the LVMS website

I recieved my LV NASCAR tickets today in the mail, they look pretty cool-

I may have them sold locally, I will know for sure next week

PC121325.jpg

=-=-=-=-===-=-=-

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds like it will be another awesome Las Vegas race weekend-

We've decided to go to the 50th Winternational this years instead.

I've got two weekend (Fri-Sat-Sun) tickets to sell or trade for WinterNationals tickets-

I've renewed this tickets for 8 yrs straight.... These are some of the best seats you can get with the handicap section behind you, this makes available extra space for storage and no obnoxious fan to spill beer on your backside...

Section 2S (Blue) Row 30 (Row 31 & 32 is a flat cement area for wheel chair access)

High enough to see the complete track but still close enough to enjoy the action on pit row....

$215 a ticket + $15 service charge = $445

PRICED REDUCED!!!!

Now listed in the FOR SALE section

$350.00 for the pair of tickets

Thanks,

Dan

Guys

the Neon garage was fantastic, if i ever go again thats where i am spending most of my time it was AWSOME, and worth every pennyhappy%20feet.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I won a pair of tickets for this event through Shelby. Is this legit? It doesn't mention where the seats are, but it is a 3 day pass. Anybody else get one of these emails?

Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 12:21 PM

To:

Sharon Elliott [sharonE@ShelbyAmerican.com]

YOU HAVE WON TWO PAIRS OF FREE NASCAR TICKETS. TO THE SHELBY AMERICAN NASCAR RACE. IT IS FEBUARY 26TH-FEBUARY28TH YOU CAN PICK YOUR TICKETS UP ANYTIME FROM FRIDAY 7AM-7PM AND SATURDAY 7AM-7AM AND SUNDAY 7AM-1PM AT THE MERCANDISE TRAILER. YOUR NAME WILL BE AT THE TRAILER JUST SHOW YOUR ID.

I won a pair of tickets for this event through Shelby. Is this legit? It doesn't mention where the seats are, but it is a 3 day pass. Anybody else get one of these emails?

Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 12:21 PM

To:

Sharon Elliott [sharonE@ShelbyAmerican.com]

YOU HAVE WON TWO PAIRS OF FREE NASCAR TICKETS. TO THE SHELBY AMERICAN NASCAR RACE. IT IS FEBUARY 26TH-FEBUARY28TH YOU CAN PICK YOUR TICKETS UP ANYTIME FROM FRIDAY 7AM-7PM AND SATURDAY 7AM-7AM AND SUNDAY 7AM-1PM AT THE MERCANDISE TRAILER. YOUR NAME WILL BE AT THE TRAILER JUST SHOW YOUR ID.

I wish I could say I did! I bought my tickets last year right after I bought the airfare and room package. Shelby still wasn't the race sponsor and I wanted to make sure I had tickets. When I bought mine the only thing left was in between turns 3 - 4. I wouldn't care if they were on the back stretch .... they're FREE! I know you weren't bitchin' I'm just stating a fact!

Looks like I'll be going there with my wife! We're gonna get there a couple days early and stay another day after. Should make for a nice trip! :happy feet:

That's the way to do it, make sure to make it to Fremont Street, in past years it's a huge street party with mulitiple live bands both Friday and Saturday nights--- :drool:

=-=-=-=-=--=----

Archived