TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Alcoa Super Snake Wheels Installed !!

08 Mustang

LOL, now this is photoshopped..see the cool brakes behind the wheels, I don't really have those..ha,ha,ha

Picture001-alcoa.jpg

Picture003-Alcoa.jpg

Thanks alot!

Congrats on your purchase.

Nice wheels, welcome to the club. I'm running the exact set-up, including Toyo TR1's. My AP Racing caliper's and rotors are however not a result of photoshop.... :P

AP Racing 6-piston calipers (front) with 14.25" cross-drilled & slotted rotors

P1010267.jpg

P1010269.jpg

AP Racing 4-piston calipers (rear) with 13.00" cross-drilled & slotted rotors P1010270.jpg

Convertibles just have more fun ... :yahoo:

Dude, looks like we both like white Expeditions too ...... now what are the chances of that?!

:hysterical:

Congrats on your purchase.

Nice wheels, welcome to the club. I'm running the exact set-up, including Toyo TR1's. My AP Racing caliper's and rotors are however not a result of photoshop.... :P

AP Racing 6-piston calipers (front) with 14.25" cross-drilled & slotted rotors

P1010267.jpg

P1010269.jpg

AP Racing 4-piston calipers (rear) with 13.00" cross-drilled & slotted rotors P1010270.jpg

Convertibles just have more fun ... :yahoo:

Dude, looks like we both like white Expeditions too ...... now what are the chances of that?!

:hysterical:

I saw that too and was thinking the exact same thing!!!

Love having the convertible! What hood is that on your car?

That hood came with the car from the dealership and no one seems to know who the manufacturer is ....

would you like me to tell you?

...it's a Trufiber Venom Hood (not sure which version). I had one on my GT that I did a conversion on. Here's a few pictures of my 2005 GT and the link to Trufiber's website. I plan on getting another hood from them for my GT500.

IMG_8899.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

http://www.trufiber.com/Trufiber_Mustang_V...10024-a53kr.htm

the only difference is that I installed a set of Shelby hood pins in mine

Nice cars guys :)

Hey Borg did you notice much of a difference with the AP brakes on the street?

I had the coin for only the front pair initially and boy did my car nose-dive each and everytime I hit the brakes hard. The stock rears obviously did not seem to be able to keep-up with the front, causing my car to unsettle pretty much into hard cornering. Now with the rear package installed, I notice that my whole vehicle brakes evenly, and I can only recommend that anyone considering this mod, buy and install both the front and rear brakes.

On the street, these AP's aren't even pushed to 1% of their potential. Frankly, they don't 'bite' as hard or early as the factory Brembo's, but push the pedal a little harder and you will understand why the fastest race cars in the world use AP Racing.

10/10 IMHO.

- BORG

The wheels look awsome, defintely on my wish list. In the meantime I think I am going to order the M/T drag radials (305 35-18) and throw those on the stock rear wheels for traction.

You might have trouble finding DR tires for any 20" wheel set-up. If you want to drag race, stick to 18" or smaller wheels - just my 2-cents. Also, going with larger calipers and rotors will limit your wheel options to mainly custom builds that will cost you some serious coin.

- BORG

I had the coin for only the front pair initially and boy did my car nose-dive each and everytime I hit the brakes hard. The stock rears obviously did not seem to be able to keep-up with the front, causing my car to unsettle pretty much into hard cornering. Now with the rear package installed, I notice that my whole vehicle brakes evenly, and I can only recommend that anyone considering this mod, buy and install both the front and rear brakes.

On the street, these AP's aren't even pushed to 1% of their potential. Frankly, they don't 'bite' as hard or early as the factory Brembo's, but push the pedal a little harder and you will understand why the fastest race cars in the world use AP Racing.

10/10 IMHO.

- BORG

BORG is right on with his comments. We always recommend doing the front and rear upgrade together for maximum performance and balance. The 6 piston kit will work with the stock rear, but the front brakes are so powerful that you will get some nose dive under hard braking. This is true with any BBK when used with stock rear brakes.

The real beauty of the AP Racing brakes is the balance, control, and consistency that you get with them...particularly when driving the car hard. The softer "bite" as described is engineered into the kit to allow the driver to better modulate the braking power. Basically, you control how much braking you have with your foot...if you need more, press a little harder.

He is also correct in saying that this brake kit isn't being pushed anywhere close to it's potential on the street. These are world class brakes and nearly identical pieces are found on some of the fastest and most exclusive cars in the world, as well as race only versions on winning cars in nearly every professional race series worldwide.

If you want to know what cars AP Racing brakes come as OEM equipment on, PM me and i'll be happy to put together a list.

Dan

On the new wheels how come you went with 275's on the 20 by 10's on the rear ?... How come you didn't go with 285/295 or 305 ?.... Just curious...

They look great by the way...

I guess it boils down to availability of 285, 295 or even 305's with the height and wheel size profile I was looking for, i.e. '35' over '20-inch wheels'. For example, Toyo only has 275/35ZR20 or 285/25ZR20 or 285/30ZR20 or 305/25ZR20 or 305/30ZR20. Let me know if you find a 285/35ZR20 or 305/35ZR20, I'll be interested.

- BORG

I noticed, too, that you both of your cars have a very nice stance to go along with those Alcoas, which I think is IMPERATIVE.

What suspension are you both running? :lurk:

I'm curious as to the suspension the OP is using too; looks very similar to my H&R lowering kit set-up. The ride-height and wheel off-set is high on my list of must have 'looks' ... :shift:

- BORG

I noticed, too, that you both of your cars have a very nice stance to go along with those Alcoas, which I think is IMPERATIVE.

What suspension are you both running? :lurk:

I'm curious as to the suspension the OP is using too; looks very similar to my H&R lowering kit set-up. The ride-height and wheel off-set is high on my list of must have 'looks' ... :shift:

- BORG

I am running the Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs with an adjustable pan-hard bar. I believe the "drop" is 1.5" up front & 1.7" out back.

The rear 20x10 super snake rims have a 37mm offset, which sets the edge of the rim outside the fender just a hair. I found out that if you've done any suspension modifications to your car, you must go with a 275/35/20 (or 285/30/20) so that you don't have any rubbing issues. I was very hesitant of the 275/35, but after seeing them installed on the car, I am very pleased how everything goes together.

here are a few side shots of the rear showing what I was trying to explain..

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

I am running the Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs with an adjustable pan-hard bar. I believe the "drop" is 1.5" up front & 1.7" out back.

The rear 20x10 super snake rims have a 37mm offset, which sets the edge of the rim outside the fender just a hair. I found out that if you've done any suspension modifications to your car, you must go with a 275/35/20 (or 285/30/20) so that you don't have any rubbing issues. I was very hesitant of the 275/35, but after seeing them installed on the car, I am very pleased how everything goes together.

How are you liking your Toyo's? Mine are pretty decent in the wet and around corners, but I've basically got no 1st and 2nd gear traction above 3,000rpm even on a soft launch. :doh:

- BORG

How are you liking your Toyo's? Mine are pretty decent in the wet and around corners, but I've basically got no 1st and 2nd gear traction above 3,000rpm even on a soft launch. :doh:

- BORG

What do you expect with 800hp? :D My rear tires are wider than yours, and i've got half your HP.

- BORG

I had the Toyo Proxe 4's on my 2005 GT and I really liked them alot. As far as traction, if I were looking for something sticky, I wouldn't have taken a different route.

Cameron,

The wheels look great on your car, I picked mine up today and will install in the morning, will post pics then. Hope the 295's fit ok.

Mike

Care to share the specs of your tires? Were you able to find 295/35ZR20's? If you went with a different profile, won't it affect your speedometer?

- BORG

Archived