TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 & 2009 KR Production figures

FiaCobra

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was there for the media launch and have full photo documentation available for sale that documents the unveiling of the GT500KR.  I sat directly behind Carroll and Cleo I was there for the media launch and have full photo documentation available for sale that documents the unveiling of the GT500KR.  I sat directly behind Carroll and Cleo

• 7 months later...

Has anyone else run into VIN conflicts with insurance companies? The VIN for my GT500KR comes up as a standard "Shelby GT500" in the databases... not as a "Shelby GT500KR." And that is a HUGE PROBLEM when evaluating an accurate and fair, "Total Loss" settlement for one of these vehicles today, from an insurance company! Is there an accurate VIN list someplace? Or WHY wasn't this pertinent model/trim information ever accurately reflected to the rest of the world by Ford, Shelby, or both?

15 hours ago, Dean Bailey said:

Has anyone else run into VIN conflicts with insurance companies? The VIN for my GT500KR comes up as a standard "Shelby GT500" in the databases... not as a "Shelby GT500KR." And that is a HUGE PROBLEM when evaluating an accurate and fair, "Total Loss" settlement for one of these vehicles today, from an insurance company! Is there an accurate VIN list someplace? Or WHY wasn't this pertinent model/trim information ever accurately reflected to the rest of the world by Ford, Shelby, or both?

You're right about how insurance companies categorize the cars and what they do for full replacement value most of the time doesn't come close.  You should look into a collector car company.  Grundy for example.  Barrett Jackson also has a branded coverage offered through AIG although the agency that actually writes policies now writes through multiple companies.  I would start with them and ask them for quotes from all of the companies they represent. 

2 minutes ago, twobjshelbys said:

You're right about how insurance companies categorize the cars and what they do for full replacement value most of the time doesn't come close.  You should look into a collector car company.  Grundy for example.  Barrett Jackson also has a branded coverage offered through AIG although the agency that actually writes policies now writes through multiple companies.  I would start with them and ask them for quotes from all of the companies they represent. 

Totally agree with this. Get an agreed value policy from Grundy or the likes.  You’ll never get what it’s worth otherwise, God forbid anything that serious should happen to it. 

I'll add that using the BJ contact gets you access to several companies.  That said,  if you look here you'll see that some people got their best rate from Company X and another for virtually the same vehicle is cheaper at Company Y for the same coverage.   The AIG plan depends greatly on what you have in your collection - if you also have older cars the newer ones come along and get a discount (they figure you can't drive all of them all of the time), but a single vehicle will run you about $1/100 coverage.  Other companies may be cheaper as well - it is heavily dependent on your location, driving record and other vehicles.     As with daily driver coverage, it varies alot.  Just get quotes from all those places that advertise on TV - they're all over the place and from experience the ones that claim to be the cheapest aren't but that's for another topic. 

Since the cars were converted from a GT500 to a GT500KR at Shelby American, SA should be able to verify the car as a KR and get some kind of documentation to show to the insurance company.  Grundy, Heacock and BJ should be a be willing to make the adjustment in value based on verification.

Who would like to see a new KR? As long as dealers are not involved! 11-12 years later and in my opinion the 08-09 GT500KR's are STILL one of the Best Mustangs ever built!!

I own 08KR039 yes there is no other number lol

17 hours ago, 39Mustang said:

Who would like to see a new KR? As long as dealers are not involved! 11-12 years later and in my opinion the 08-09 GT500KR's are STILL one of the Best Mustangs ever built!!

I own 08KR039 yes there is no other number lol

Only if they make a convertible, this time.