TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 & 2009 KR Production figures

FiaCobra

Can anyone tell me how many 2009 Silver KR's were shipped over seas? I have a Silver with the Blue stripes 2009 that I am trying to see how many were sold here in the US. Steve?

Thanks

No KR's were shipped by Ford/Shelby outside of North America. Now that doesn't mean that someone didn't purchase a KR from a dealer and then made arrangements to have it shipped to another country. Unfortunately we would have no records on how many owners did this.

Steve

My KR for example has been shipped outside of North America. She went overseas to Switzerland.

It's CSM 09KR0291 / black on black.

It seems to be the only KR that drives on the streets in Switzerland. I have heard, that there must be 2 or three other KR's in Switzerlaqnd, but these are collector cars and don't drive on the streets.

No KR's were shipped by Ford/Shelby outside of North America. Now that doesn't mean that someone didn't purchase a KR from a dealer and then made arrangements to have it shipped to another country. Unfortunately we would have no records on how many owners did this.

Steve

So when they say "** These include the cars for overseas sales" that did not happen? Just the earler number posted that went to Canada were sent out of the US? I had info that said only 571 units were to stay in the US with the remainder of the 712 going out of the country so the total number would be 1571 matching the same number of original KR's built. Guess there is a lot of info out there not all of it right.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Is there a current update to these numbers?

I own a '09 red KR I brought from US to Canada. #295

Thanks

Here are the production figures for both years:

Total 2008 GT500KR (including prototype units): 1011

Silver Metallic with vista blue stripes: 476

Ebony Black with satin ebony stripes: 328

Colorado Red with silver stripes: 107

Vista Blue with silver stripes: 100

Total 2009 GT500KR production = 712**

Silver Metallic with vista blue stripes: 278

Ebony Black with satin ebony stripes: 236

Colorado Red with silver stripes: 110

Vista Blue with silver stripes: 88

** These include the cars for overseas sales.

• 7 months later...

My shipped my 2009 Red & silver stripes KR from Tasca Ford RI to Jersey, Channel Islands UK. I did this May 2009.

She is CSM # 0441.

I believe there is a 2008 KR also in the UK (Silver with blue tripes) but I am unaware of any other 2009s.

Hope this helps

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

My shipped my 2009 Red & silver stripes KR from Tasca Ford RI to Jersey, Channel Islands UK. I did this May 2009.

She is CSM # 0441.

I believe there is a 2008 KR also in the UK (Silver with blue tripes) but I am unaware of any other 2009s.

Hope this helps

Alex

I know of several cars that were imported to other Countries by their owners. That is something you can't keep track of unless the owners register their cars.

- Joe

• 4 weeks later...

Steve

There must be more to this than because there were dozens of GT500KRs that had yellow window stickers, which are meant for export. I've seen at a least a dozen with addresses bearing DE and CH destinations.

I double checked Ford production records.

2008 Production was 1,011 units. 1,009 for the U.S market and 2 for Canada marketing.

2009 Production was 712 units. 582 for the U.S. market and 130 for the Canadian market.

I see no exported GT500 cars with the 54K option (King of the Road)

While you can never say never you would think that if dozens of KR's were shipped overseas we would have seen some of them for sale by now on the used market.

And who would have modified these KR's for export? Remember export cars need to have folding mirrors, fender running lights, no protruding scoops, license plate provisions, etc.

If anyone has a KR VIN number from a car that is overseas let me know. I'll be glad to look it up.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Found this on Youtube. I emailed the company and asked if it was a real KR and if they knew CSM number. He said it was a KR but didn't know the CSM because it was a constumers car.

He said they have completed 3 genuine KR’s with conversions to right hand drive and registration in Australia. There would be a further 5 in the country converted by other workshops. Shogun Car Company does the conversions in house which is why they are RHD.

Just thought it was interesting.

Yep, there sure does. They should be able to read it right from that plaque.

The company who made the video does not own the car so they can't look at the plaque. They did the converstion to right hand drive.

I guess I should have added their webpage. There are a couple of pictures of it on their page. It doesn't have the correct wheels or front spliter in the pictures. I wish they had a clear shot of the plaque.

http://shogunconversions.com.au/

Edited by sheppd01

• 2 weeks later...

Ok not only did I find the VIN # also got the CSM#.

Plus the VIN # of four others. All in Australia

So thats 5 out of a possible 9 in the country. All converted to right hand drive.

The one from the video.

VIN # 00174 CSM # 08KR0767 Sliver Metallic / Vista Blue

VIN # 40823 CSM # 09KR???? Briliant Silver / Vista Blue

VIN # 78658 CSM # 08KR0005 Colorado Red / Silver

VIN # 40833 CSM # 09KR0437 Ebony Black / Matte Black

VIN # 96164 CSM # 08KR???? Silver Metallic / Vista Blue

I came across these in my search for my cars evil twin 08KR0456. :evil2.0:

Someone check the numbers. See if they match up......

Edited by sheppd01

• 3 weeks later...

Ok not only did I find the VIN # also got the CSM#.

Plus the VIN # of four others. All in Australia

So thats 5 out of a possible 9 in the country. All converted to right hand drive.

The one from the video.

VIN # 00174 CSM # 08KR0767 Sliver Metallic / Vista Blue CONFIRMED

VIN # 40823 CSM # 09KR???? Briliant Silver / Vista Blue

VIN # 78658 CSM # 08KR0005 Colorado Red / Silver CONFIRMED

VIN # 40833 CSM # 09KR0437 Ebony Black / Matte Black CONFIRMED

VIN # 96164 CSM # 08KR???? Silver Metallic / Vista Blue

I came across these in my search for my cars evil twin 08KR0456. :evil2.0:

Someone check the numbers. See if they match up......

I confirmed (3) that are legit KR's. Are you saying all have been converted to right hand drive and living in Australia? Very interesting

I sent you a PM as well

I confirmed (3) that are legit KR's. Are you saying all have been converted to right hand drive and living in Australia? Very interesting

I sent you a PM as well

I tried to send you an email and a PM. Both came back unable to send.

Yes I have the full Vin # for the cars along with pictures. At one time I also had the owners contact info. I still might have it somewhere.

I tried to send you an email and a PM. Both came back unable to send.

Yes I have the full Vin # for the cars along with pictures. At one time I also had the owners contact info. I still might have it somewhere.

Shoot me an email at: fiacobra at hotmail dot com

That right hand drive conversion is certainly interesting. The dash appears to no longer have a glove box and they must have relocated the battery to the trunk.

Yes they all appear to be missing the glove box but the one in the video is the only one with no battery under the hood. They didn't move the AC in that one.

Here are a couple pictures of some others....all three are different cars.

You can see they moved the AC in these two which gave them room for the battery

2.jpg

4.jpg

cp5235072809702815058.jpg

Is this the one with the carbon fiber stripes?

Not sure. I was hoping someone could tell me.

I was thinking of doing this to my car. It is a driver and the stripes on the bumpers are less than perfect.

It may hurt the resale value 40 years from now but I will be dead and don't care. :D

I have found a couple places that say they can make me some carbon fiber stripes but they are asking $2,000. :idea: So they stay blue for now.

Not sure. I was hoping someone could tell me.

I was thinking of doing this to my car. It is a driver and the stripes on the bumpers are less than perfect.

It may hurt the resale value 40 years from now but I will be dead and don't care. :D

I have found a couple places that say they can make me some carbon fiber stripes but they are asking $2,000. :idea: So they stay blue for now.

Where is that pic from? The reason I ask is because I met a guy at a car show who had a 1 of 1 KR. The car was beautiful. He resides here in Texas. If I remember correctly, he got it from a company - Raceskins? I believe Ford only made one with black stripes, but were later replaced with carbon fiber stripes from that company.

If anyone knows anything about this car please chime in.

Edited by Captain Beyond

The Raceskins KR was also modified to a rear-seat delete if I'm not mistaken. I think I remember when it was on Ebay. Does this sound right?

I don't recall if it had a rear seat delete. The thing that really stuck out were the CB stripes. It also had a couple of other things that were different that I don't remember.

• 3 months later...

A Golden Opportunity

2008 Shelby Terlingua ONLY 24000 KM, FULLY LOADED – For Sale

Hi,

I am selling my 2008 Shelby Terlingua "a muscle car". Please click on the link for more

information. Hurry up!!! Only 2 hour left.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Shelby-/300782346746?forcev4exp=true#ht_500wt_1182

Note: Also get a FREE full AutoCheck vehicle history report

Thanks,

^^^ SPAM ^^^ Nothing to do with the KR...