TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Win a1992 Dodge Daytona IROC

I was making chili last week when I ran across an old bag of Carroll Shelby's Original Texas Brand Chili Mix (empty).

On it was a sticker for a contest to win a 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC. The sweepstakes ended 4/30/92 and I didn't win.

Anybody know who did win? What happened to the car?

Just curious,

John

I was making chili last week when I ran across an old bag of Carroll Shelby's Original Texas Brand Chili Mix (empty).

On it was a sticker for a contest to win a 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC. The sweepstakes ended 4/30/92 and I didn't win.

Just curious,

John

Welcome to the board John!

I don't know anything about that car, but was wondering if you might be the same John Guyer that I worked with at Lucent.

Yes Mr Goodall, it is I.

Short version: left Lucent Oct 96 (30 years 3 days). At Ameritech Mobile til July 99. Moved to Chicago, Trish worked at Bellcore / Telcordia. I worked at AT&T Local network Services. Telcordia dumped training department in 03. We moved back to MI to summer home near Clare. I worked from home for about a year still at AT&T. Got dumped when SBC took over AT&T. Still waiting for my exit interview.

Still have '68 GT500KR and '67 GT350, Trish's son built Factory Five Roadster which she now has, while he drives an '08 GT500 convertible. Don't know where I went wrong but the younger boy drives a Toyota.

I trust all is well with you.

John

Yes Mr Goodall, it is I.

Short version: left Lucent Oct 96 (30 years 3 days). At Ameritech Mobile til July 99. Moved to Chicago, Trish worked at Bellcore / Telcordia. I worked at AT&T Local network Services. Telcordia dumped training department in 03. We moved back to MI to summer home near Clare. I worked from home for about a year still at AT&T. Got dumped when SBC took over AT&T. Still waiting for my exit interview.

Still have '68 GT500KR and '67 GT350, Trish's son built Factory Five Roadster which she now has, while he drives an '08 GT500 convertible. Don't know where I went wrong but the younger boy drives a Toyota.

I trust all is well with you.

John

Cool John. I think the last I heard from you was right after you moved to Chicago (an email). I retired from Lucent in January of 98 (30 years 3 months LOL). Worked in a speed shop for a friend for about 6 months. In 99 I was asked to run a car club by it's former management and I am still doing that today. We got about 400 members nationwide and like all car guys, its a good group of people.

Just curious,

John

John

I have a few bags of the chili with that sticker also. No clue as to who won the car. Shelby sold the Chili company back in 1986 and a 1992 Daytona IROC was strictly a Chrysler product so most likely Shelby was not involved with the contest.

Most contests also let the winner take cash instead of the prize so perhaps the winner never received the car. Just one of those mysteries that will probably go unsolved.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Archived