TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Red Stripe Manufacturer

skiph

Good day Amy,

There are about a dozen threads out there about this for a year or so now, so I thought I would go straight to the top and see if you or any of your team could shed some light on the question.

The question is where to get the material (manufacturer, part number, material type, etc.) for the stripes (the red stripes are the hot topic now, but I'm sure it's not limited to that) that come on the GT500. Not the pre-cut versions (that would already have holes for the hood louvers for example), just where and how to get the material.

What's driving this for myself and a few other people that I know of, is with the VERY COOL availability of the SS hood through Shelbymotors, the only piece that is missing for someone, like myself, that would love to add that onto a GT500 (non-SS of course) is getting the stripes on the SS hood to match up with the rest of the car. A great addition from a looks and engine cooling perspective, as well as the best way to get that extra air to a cold air intake.

Since the vents in a SS hood are in a COMPLETELY different place then on a std GT500 hood, you can see how ordering a set of those just would not work well. If the GT500 hood stripes were available from the manufacturer without the cutouts for the vents (by special order or whatnot) that would probably fill the bill as well.

Sooo.......can that info be let out?

Thanks for whatever can be done.

Skip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

skiph, you may consider purchasing a set of stock roof stripes as they appear to be long enough to reach to the scoop opening on the SS hood and won't have to be cut to clear the air extractors and then get another piece (or peices) to continue to the nose. That is what I was going to do.

Check it out and see if it's feasible and then post back here to let us know if it works.

Have you checked out the Stripes that come on the limited Barrett-Jackson Shelby GT Mustangs. The Hood Stripes should be solid Stripes that can be cut at the Scoop openning.

The Barrett-Jackson Shelby GT stripes (unfortunately) will not match the stock "red stripe" stripes. They, like the SPP stripes are very pastel, almost pink (I feel). But what the hell do I know, the Army say's I'm color blind. :lol:

skiph, you may consider purchasing a set of stock roof stripes as they appear to be long enough to reach to the scoop opening on the SS hood and won't have to be cut to clear the air extractors and then get another piece (or peices) to continue to the nose. That is what I was going to do.

Check it out and see if it's feasible and then post back here to let us know if it works.

I'm holding off on a new hood for the moment. So will probably not get to this one for a WHILE.

The problem (well, not a problem, just a fact) with the factory stripes (I already purchased one set of these when I changed from white stripes to red) for the hood are they come with the cutouts for the heat extractors for the stock GT500 hood already done. So, the hood stripes may reach far enough, but from the top of the hood to the first cutout is not long enough to reach the hood scoop.

Since the stripes come from Ford, not SAI (thanks to Amy for the reminder on that), I would have to find where Ford gets the stripes from, he brand, manufacturer or some of that kind of data. Yea......THAT's probably not an easy thing.

So, this one is on hold for a while.

I'm holding off on a new hood for the moment. So will probably not get to this one for a WHILE.

The problem (well, not a problem, just a fact) with the factory stripes (I already purchased one set of these when I changed from white stripes to red) for the hood are they come with the cutouts for the heat extractors for the stock GT500 hood already done. So, the hood stripes may reach far enough, but from the top of the hood to the first cutout is not long enough to reach the hood scoop.

Since the stripes come from Ford, not SAI (thanks to Amy for the reminder on that), I would have to find where Ford gets the stripes from, he brand, manufacturer or some of that kind of data. Yea......THAT's probably not an easy thing.

So, this one is on hold for a while.

Yes, I'm sure the hood stripes won't fit but I was talking about the ROOF stripes. Measure your ROOF stripes and see if they'll be long enough to reach to the SS hood scoop cut-outs then you can use a shorter peice(s) for the nose; I'm thinking they'll be long enough (but I haven't measured them myself). Please report your findings here as I am interested in doing this myself.

Good luck in however you make it happen!

Yes, I'm sure the hood stripes won't fit but I was talking about the ROOF stripes. Measure your ROOF stripes and see if they'll be long enough to reach to the SS hood scoop cut-outs then you can use a shorter peice(s) for the nose; I'm thinking they'll be long enough (but I haven't measured them myself). Please report your findings here as I am interested in doing this myself.

call kaye graphics in detroit, if you cant find them call warrenty they will give you the suppier

Becareful

Im pretty sure the stripes get bigger the father back on the car they go. By bigger I mean wider! I might be wrong, but I think they have to to make them look even.

MM

Becareful

Im pretty sure the stripes get bigger the father back on the car they go. By bigger I mean wider! I might be wrong, but I think they have to to make them look even.

MM

Yes Michael I've thought of that as well as I know the 60's version had varying widths to circumvent the optical illusion but don't "think" that strategy was used on the 07-09 versions. However, measuring them is good advice.