TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Can anyone find out how many new KR's are on lots at this point?

txcobra

Saw that too...What's your guess on total NEW KR's left ('08's and '09's)? Less than 200?

I'm hoping that there is alot less then that so the price will stop droping. I not complaing that they went down because that is how I got mine but I hope it has hit the bottom.

I'm hoping that there is alot less then that so the price will stop droping. I not complaing that they went down because that is how I got mine but I hope it has hit the bottom.

I wouldn't worry about prices falling. The economy is very bad right now and everything is falling. Let me tell you, it's a good time to buy if you have the cash. I'm not rich by any means but I was able to pick up a piece or property out of state and upgrade to a KR. Theres' no way I would be able to do that 5 years ago.

Just be grateful you have a job and are able to feed your family. A lot of people are hurting right now.

Pony 88

Thanks for the count of KR's left on lots, no wonder Ford slowed up 2010 production of GT500's, their marketing department really screwed up combined with the dealers ADMs on these I guess. Those 355 or so "leftovers" on such a specialty car really are sucking the life out of price strength on 2010's.

I remember reading some about the situation in 1969/70 where leftover 69 GT 500's and KR's were rebadged as 1970's and the 1970's sat around forever as well getting disposed of due to the economic, fuel, and insurance issues-finally being sold dirt cheap to clear the lots.

Trick in buying these new KR's is if FOMOCO will come up with some very aggressive dealer incentives to dump them, I doubt that they will offer special financing, etc. for fear of publically contaminating sales of newer GT 500's. Word has gotten around now on unique Shelby parts pricing(hoods for example) that further devalues what is a pretty nice car and has to be taken into account as a risk in considering purchase of one.

We ought to start a poll/contest of bottom new pricing for these in next 4 months-given the high depreciation rates on conventional Mustangs dragging them down as well as more used 2007-2009 GT500's hitting the resale market, seems like a sales price for KR's by January 2010 would be in the mid 40's range : :drool: and I would think that would be the bottom

I know of a new 2008 KR just sold for 52k cash and a new super snake 725hp sold for 63k. Prices are low and cash talks. The smart dealers will clear out what they have so they can bring in more cars they can sell. I would guess 45k would be bottom on new KR's.

Pony 88

Thanks for the count of KR's left on lots, no wonder Ford slowed up 2010 production of GT500's, their marketing department really screwed up combined with the dealers ADMs on these I guess. Those 355 or so "leftovers" on such a specialty car really are sucking the life out of price strength on 2010's.

I remember reading some about the situation in 1969/70 where leftover 69 GT 500's and KR's were rebadged as 1970's and the 1970's sat around forever as well getting disposed of due to the economic, fuel, and insurance issues-finally being sold dirt cheap to clear the lots.

Trick in buying these new KR's is if FOMOCO will come up with some very aggressive dealer incentives to dump them, I doubt that they will offer special financing, etc. for fear of publically contaminating sales of newer GT 500's. Word has gotten around now on unique Shelby parts pricing(hoods for example) that further devalues what is a pretty nice car and has to be taken into account as a risk in considering purchase of one.

We ought to start a poll/contest of bottom new pricing for these in next 4 months-given the high depreciation rates on conventional Mustangs dragging them down as well as more used 2007-2009 GT500's hitting the resale market, seems like a sales price for KR's by January 2010 would be in the mid 40's range : :drool: and I would think that would be the bottom

there was money on the 08's and that was one reason there were cheaper, but ford dropped that this month on the 08's

I know of a new 2008 KR just sold for 52k cash and a new super snake 725hp sold for 63k. Prices are low and cash talks. The smart dealers will clear out what they have so they can bring in more cars they can sell. I would guess 45k would be bottom on new KR's.

say what $52K :redcard:

say what $52K :redcard:

Yeah, I don't know about 52K for a NEW one...I'd like to see the Stats on that; although those TWO Silvers that are left in Seattle, WA @ Bill Pierre Ford are now down to 56,995!! That's a super deal as both are pretty loaded as I recall....a couple of us have posted these before and I gave the 800 # but you can goggle them...Ask for George as your Salesman - Tell him I had you call (so he'll quit calling me maybe! LOL!) They are HOT to move those - he's begging me WHAT would it take?? I said $55K and NO Doc Fees....just to see what he'd say...so far no dice...we'll see...GOOD to luck to all who are looking...it IS amazing what's happening in prices with these...just GLAD I've finally got mine!! WHEW!! :happy feet: :shift: I know, I have to post pics too!! (Been to busy DRIVING and ENJOYING IT!!)

-John "J1B"

Its a real shame;alot of people were so put off by high ADMs and arrogant dealers they chose other cars,or simply took pleasure in watching the dealers eat these beasts.They are great cars and if one fell in my lap I'd drive it.That said,dollar wise I've already talked to my dealer about a '11;I'll be long gone befre a 500 KR is worth more than sticker.I want the most bang for the buck.

Doc

Pony 88

Word has gotten around now on unique Shelby parts pricing(hoods for example) that further devalues what is a pretty nice car and has to be taken into account as a risk in considering purchase of one.

That is one of the main reasons why I haven't bought one. For me, a car is meant to be driven. That's where the enjoyment is for me. And a KR would be a daily driver. But, the worry about parts replacement and insurance is a deal breaker for me.

Archived