TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 SGT, Black or Polished interior and/or steering wheel

springer

Here is an ebay auction for a 2008 SGT convertible. I noticed this interior has the aluminum-colored dash and the leather wrapped, aluminum trimmed steering wheel. Most of the 2008's I've seen, have the complete black dash and the all black steering wheel without the leather wrap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-Ford-M...=item35a42d6cf4

So, what type of dash and steering wheel do you have in your 2008 SGT? Let's here from the convertible and hardtop owners.

Thanks.

John

Here is an ebay auction for a 2008 SGT convertible. I noticed this interior has the aluminum-colored dash and the leather wrapped, aluminum trimmed steering wheel. Most of the 2008's I've seen, have the complete black dash and the all black steering wheel without the leather wrap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-Ford-M...=item35a42d6cf4

So, what type of dash and steering wheel do you have in your 2008 SGT? Let's here from the convertible and hardtop owners.

Thanks.

John

I don't have the aluminum-colored dash but I do have the leather wrapped, aluminum trimmed steering wheel.

My steering wheal is leather wrapped with th satin spokes. I have a dark aluminum dash that has a carbon fiber like pattern on it. Not sure how to describe it. All of the other trim (Havc vents and gauge rings) are chrome. I wish the dash pad was covered in leather as it was on the 08 SGT prototype.

My dash is the same way as the one on Ebay.

Bud

ps. SGT-C0056 I had to add a pic to you post. Hope ya don't mind :) Just having some fun :happy feet:

Hey Bud,

Nice to see you on the forum, wonder how many members would like to do a "vulcan mind melt" with you to learn about all that mod shop experience and knowledge you have stored???????

Here is what I think was available for the GT Mustang interior based on the 2008 Mustang dealer booklet and info provided here by other members. (This is in regard to my question concerning the differences in the dash panel materials and the leather/satin finish vs the plain gray finish steering wheel .)

GT interiors came standard with dark gray dash panels, and a completely gray steering wheel with no leather wrap and no satin aluminum inserts.

There were two interior options besides the standard interior. One had the dark gray carbon fiber look dash with the leather wrapped, satin aluminum inserts steering wheel . The other interior option was the satin aluminum dash panels with the leather wrapped, satin aluminum inserts steering wheel.

What does anyone else think? Fire away!!!!!!!!

Hey Bud,

Nice to see you on the forum, wonder how many members would like to do a "vulcan mind melt" with you to learn about all that mod shop experience and knowledge you have stored???????

Thanks!!!!!! But I think I would scare some people to death if they knew what was in my head :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: (It scares me half the time LOL)

I know when all of this registry stuff is finally done (hopefully soon) we should have all the info on how many were built with what kind of dash, what color interior, Shaker 500's, Shaker 1000's ect.

Bud

This car, as has been described, has the Interior Upgrade Package, satin silver, it was also available in a dark finish (Look in the 08MY doc). If you do not have leather steering wheel and instead have the rubber one, chances are you do not have IUP, have a dark plastic dash, and are also missing the on-board computer stuff, with plastic block plates in the center console to the left of the power plug. BTW: I have seen some cars without IUP got leather steering wheels anyway but it's rare.

My dash is the same way as the one on Ebay.

Bud

ps. SGT-C0056 I had to add a pic to you post. Hope ya don't mind :) Just having some fun :happy feet:

No Prob BUD..I see what you did, I tried to count the cars myself and started on the left. It got a bit blurry, but I have to agree with you, LOST: Being Found!

Archived