TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Track Pictures

HORSBYT

I know how we all enjoy pictures so I figured i'd pop a few on from Sunday's track day out at Willow. Enjoy!

Cliff,

Why is your license plate number removed in the one photo? It is part of your signature. :hysterical: You still running Nitto racing tires at the track?

Jim

Cliff,

Why is your license plate number removed in the one photo? It is part of your signature. :hysterical: You still running Nitto racing tires at the track?

Jim

Yeah, i dont' care that you guys see it, but I put it up in other places i didnt want it to be seen. Yes, still running the NT-01's and LOVE those tires! Drove up and back to Willow on them twice now and they're holding up well. I anticipate that they'll carry me through November and through the Shelby Bash.... After that, we'll see.

Cliff,

What video camera were you using for your shots? I am going nuts trying to find one that I know will work and that costs a reasonable amount. PM me on that California Speedway deal, too. Thanks.

Jim

Thanks, that is just what I need. Did you order reusable vinyl or magnetic?

Cliff and I both got ours there and we both got magnetic (Cliff got the real pretty ones). The only thing you have to keep in mind is, if you want it on your hood, cling vinyl is your only bet given the aluminum hood.

Jim

Cliff and I both got ours there and we both got magnetic (Cliff got the real pretty ones). The only thing you have to keep in mind is, if you want it on your hood, cling vinyl is your only bet given the aluminum hood.

Jim

Mine, aren't pretty, they have a silver "dropshadow" which matches the silver striping! :)

I put my numbers on my trunk due to the aluminum hood. Just depends on what the requirements are. For the group I run with it only has to be on three sides, doesn't matter front or back..

Cliff,

What video camera were you using for your shots? I am going nuts trying to find one that I know will work and that costs a reasonable amount. PM me on that California Speedway deal, too. Thanks.

Jim

My video camera is a Sony. It's not HD, but it's pretty good. The non-HD version records in a native MPEG-4 format so you don't need Sony's software to get it off the camera. The video you saw in my other post is on YouTube and is actually compressed a little, but still looks pretty good. The raw file looks great. If anything, these are for me to go back and watch what i'm doing right/wrong.

Anyway, here's the link to the camera I have.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1218049886737

BTW - The stills were taken at the track by www.caliphotography.com not the video camera.

Mine, aren't pretty, they have a silver "dropshadow" which matches the silver striping! :)

Well, my daughter said they were pretty when I showed her a photo of your car. How about this -- they are cooler than mine?

Thanks for the info on the camera. I want one I can suction cup to the windshield. I thought one of the stills from your track day showed something mounted on your grill. What was that?

Jim

I thought one of the stills from your track day showed something mounted on your grill. What was that?

Man, you don't miss a trick. It's the transponder for keeping track of lap times. I ended up moving it to the rear of the car and attaching to my license plate frame later in the day because they missed my lap times in the 2nd heat... You rent them for $20 for the day...

Dan,

The November event at Willow or California Speedway?

Jim

My mistake. I meant the Shelby weekend at Thunderhill this coming weekend.

I hope to be there on Sunday with my son who is just back from Iraq again...

Archived