TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Autographs

My morning DJs posed the question as to what celeb autographs you have and possibly the circumstances in getting it.

I thought this would be an interesting way to break the boring work day. :boring:

First & foremost, I have The Man's 2x. :happy feet: On my SGT sun visor and on the framed art print I bought from Shelby for my car.

We got singer Chris Isaac after a concert in Deer Valley(Park City), Ut.

My oldest daughter & I got NBA player Karl Malone at our bank years ago when we went in on a Saturday morning to cash a check. Remember checks?!

I have Willie Nelson's on one of my personal checks on the line where you sign your name. We went to his concert at Sundance Ski Resort, Ut, Robert Redford's place. The roadie's bus got lost and the semi driver asked us to help unload the gear and help set it up. :happy feet: In return, we were refunded our admission, got to meet and hang with the entire band and all of the Lone Star beer we could drink. :beerchug:

The only paper I had on me on stage was my check book so that is what I handed Willie when he asked if I wanted him to sign anything. I also have an unopened Lone Star that he handed me. We sat right next to the Redfords but I didn't think I was right to ask for his autograph since they were so great to us. I would have done it for free just to say I did :drool:

My screen name is my initials and "rail". Besides my SGT, I am in to HO scale model railroading, which explains my screen name. I have a 21'x28' layout that takes up my entire basement. I have more invested in it than I do in my SGT. I am also a product of the 60's and am a huge Crosby, Stills , Nash and Young fan. I have over 40 albums of theirs together, solo and in various pairings.I always leaned towards Neil Young's music when he went solo.

Neil Young is also in to trains and actually bought in to Loinel Trains years ago to help develop and market handicapped children's toys. I saw an autographed striped engineers cap on E-Bay several years ago with the right certificates. It came with the hat, a back stage pass and a photo of him signing the hat! I won it for a lot less than I would have guessed.

Lastly, I have Funny Car driver Robert Hight of the John Force Team. Robert is ranked #1 in this week's standings :burnout: Last year I went to the Force pits at the Vegas Nationals to watch them tear the cars down between rounds and take a few pics. I was right up at the guard rail and Hight and Ashley Force came out of one of the trailers and started signing things. Not looking for autographs, I didn't have anything to write on except my black "Got Nitro" cap. Hight's Sharpie was black :doh: The underside of the bill was red so he signed it there.

I'm going to Vegas again in 2 weeks to the Nationals and I'll be prepared with my own Sharpies, silver & black, this time :happy feet:

Hmmm...well, I don't have any autographs from celebs I actually met. So if this goes against the spirit of your thread....I apologize.

Mine are all from collecting cards:

Sports: All Hockey People: Several ones of Mario Lemieux, Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Jordan Staal, Sergei Gonchar, Marc Andre Fleury and about 10 other hockey stars.

Actors: Jessica Alba (& the complete cast of "Dark Angel") and Lexa Doig

Probably a few others..but can't recall them. I used to be into collecting cards and signatures. Now I wish I would have kept all my money that I spent on cards...could have paid cash for my Shelby. LOL! I had a real addiction before.

I got Muhammad Ali's that's it...I use to have Cathy Bach got it back in 1980 but I lost it over

the years. :cry:

Ali!....thats awesome.

For musicians, I have Ron Wood

my others are racers.....

John Force

Kenny Bernstein

Alain DeCadenet

Snake Prudhomme

CS

oops, forgpt these:

sports figures..

Reggie Jackson

Joe Torre

Shaq

I have more then I have time to list. Mostly from sports figures. My most recent is from Vaughn Gittin Jr. Last week after taking a ride in his '10 drift mustang at Barret-Jackson.

My best is a football signed by Roger Staubach.

The funniest was from John Force. I was out side his trailer with a mob waiting for autographs. I as holding a t-shirt for my Father-n-law that I was hoping to have signed. When Force came out he walked directly over to me grabbed my shirt by the coller and signed it! He never noticed the t-shirt I had in my hand. I couldn't help but laugh. Anyway I hung around and asked if he would sign the t-shirt. John Force is a great guy. He hangs out until everyone has a signiture.

My only other automotive related autogragh is from Chip Foose. I have a 1:18 '68 mustang modeled after one done on Overhaulen with his signature.

Ali!....thats awesome.

For musicians, I have Ron Wood

my others are racers.....

John Force

Kenny Bernstein

Alain DeCadenet

Snake Prudhomme

CS

I figured most of us would have the CS at least once somewhere.

If I were to go looking for a signature, it would be John Force :drool: , love him or hate him. I personally love him and all that he has done on and off of the track.

I have many from CS. I have a Console Trim Piece that has CS, Cleo's and John Force's Sig on it. I also have a couple of Saleen Posters that are Autographed by Steve Saleen, I have two unique Posters from Kenny Brown that is Autographed by the Artist and Kenny Brown. I have a couple of Photo's of taylor Dayne that are Autographed. I have a Photo of Jody Foster that is Autographed. I have other items Autographed but can't remember what they are at this time.

A Carroll Shelby signed 80th Birthday chrome diecast Shelby GT350, certainly the most expience autograph next to my wife's Roush ;)

Jack Roush signed on Diane's purchasing paperwork and the Roush itself x3, also several hats, and posters etc...

Here's more autographs I have on various items in my den........

NHRA

Bob Glidden x10, saw him several times in the 90's

Rusty Glidden / Don Garlits / Shirley Muldowney / Phil Bonner / Roy Hill / Don Schumacher / Jim Dunn / Kenny Bernstein / John Force / Ashley Force / Jim Yates / Rod Fuller / Shelly Anderson / Scott Geoffrion / Allen Johnson

ROAD RACING

Dorsey Schroeder / Tommy Kendall / Lyn St James / Parnelli Jones / Steve Saleen

NASCAR

Richard Petty / Bill Elliott / Jeff Burton / Irnie Irvan / Greg Biffle / Rusty Wallace / Mike Wallace / Ward Burton / Kyle Petty / Steve Parks / Mike Bliss

EDIT: I knew I would forget a few-

Mario Andretti on a t-shirt I had won during a rain delay back in 1999 at Portland Int.

Linda Vaughn (Miss Hurst) on her poster from like 1992 during the Competition Engineering trade show. Also meet Vic Edelbrock there for the first time but didn't get his autograph until the summer of 2008 at the Historic races at Portland Int.

Here is Diane getting her car signed by Jack Roush after purchasing it earlier in the day

JackDiane-1.jpg

Byron Nelson and Tom Landry are my favorites. I admired them not only for what they accomplished in their respective sports, but what they did outside their sport. So I went to book signings they each had many years ago and met them and got their signatures. I have a few others, but the signings weren't done in person.

Mario Andretti - met him at PIR in Portland, OR

Shaquille O'Neal - my uncle coached him in college, so I have tons of pieces of his, including a size 21 shoe

Brett Favre - before he went to work for the dark side

Reggie White - the highlight of my youth was meeting the Minister of Defense and collecting his autograph outside Lambeau Field

Sterling Sharpe - back when he was a Packer

CS - signed airbag cover

Kurt Rambis and Robert Horry - signed my ballcap before a Lakers/Blazers playoffs game at the Garden in Portland

Kevin Garnett - got his autograph on a program before a T-Wolves exhibition in the small town in North Dakota I grew up in

Ralph Nader - signed a book for me before a speech in Portland in 2000

Besides Carrol Shelby on my airbag.

We have Kurt Warner's auto on a box of Wheaties.

He was our neighbor in Des Moines, IA back in '96 -'99. This is while he was playing arena football and while he was trying out for the St. Loius Rams.

My wife has a couple of Christmas cards with his wife's signature (Brenda).

On and in my car ('03 Mach1) is the signature of Scott Hoag, who was responsable for the SN95 Mach 1, as well as the '01 Bullitt.

As far as CS, I have 6 autographs. Some were bought through the CSCF program, but my first was in person at SEMA in 1989.

As a Trek fan, I have a number of different autographs from various Trek stars, most in person but some on trading cards, including Ricardo Montelban (Khan!!!!!), and LeVar Burton.

One of my most prized is a Bob Glidden autograph (who was working on a car at the time !), but not Kenny Bernstein who seemd not to want to be bothered (not doing anything at the time).

Good news: I have an autographed copy of The Cobra Story

Bad news: it's addressed to my ex-wife and myself.

Good news: she didn't cut it in half at the divorce.

Attached photo is ironic considering Mr. Payne seemed to be something of a bigot.

T_Payne_75_dpi.jpg

T_Payne_75_dpi.jpg

I had one from Vincent Price the actor, but lost track of it years ago thru a divorce. Vincent Price was the uncle of a guy i use to play in a band with.

This won't mean anything to anyone that isn't into music or vintage Fender music gear, but i have an autograph from Bob Rissi.

Who is Bob Rissi you ask?

Bob Rissi was an electronics engineer hired by Leo Fender in 1961 as an amp tech. He was one of the original designers of the Fender Blackface amp circuitry in the 60's and the Fender Bassman amp in particular. I bought a Fender Bassman amp head from him that he hand built, and received his autograph along with documentation for authenticity.

To sum it up it's like having a Shelby built by Carol himself with signed documentation.

But, i must be the most popular of all, because there are millions of my autographs out there, mostly on checks......

Archived