TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gasoline tank

485hp

Since a view months I do have problems to fill up the car with gasoline. The gas-pistol always snaps off so I need for 5 Gallons five minutes.

I have heard this is a known problem of the 06/07 Mustangs. But does anybody know what kind of problem this is or even better: How to solve this?

Since a view months I do have problems to fill up the car with gasoline. The gas-pistol always snaps off so I need for 5 Gallons five minutes.

I have heard this is a known problem of the 06/07 Mustangs. But does anybody know what kind of problem this is or even better: How to solve this?

Likely a venting problem with the tank or the rubber venting line.........

Their was a TSB that covered the replacement of the tank in my 05 GT and no problems since...........

I couldnt tell you where to find it, but there was another thread about this issue just a month or two ago. It was discovered that the fuel filler neck vent tubing was pinched somehow on some cars. Correction or replacement of the vent tubing solved the problem.

Thanks for the answers up to now. But what is a "TSB"?

A TSB is a "Techincal Service Bulletin" that is issued by Ford when a problem has been detected in a model line that they (Ford) will repair at no charge to the customer. A Ford dealer can put your VIN (vehicle identification number) into their Maintenance Computer (Oasis) to see if your car is included within the range of VIN numbers affected by the TSB. In summary a TSB is Ford acknowlegment that there is a manufacturer defect in the car that will be repaired above and beyond the basic warranty. If the defect is a safety problem then Ford will issue a Recall. Hope this helps

Archived