TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Alcoa Wheels

justindewoody

Nice! Of all the wheels I have seen, those are the only ones I have considered putting on my car. I hope they work out for you with the tires and all. What tire brand and size are you going with? Keep us posted on your experience with these wheels. I assume 10" on back and 9" for the fronts?

Nice! Of all the wheels I have seen, those are the only ones I have considered putting on my car. I hope they work out for you with the tires and all. What tire brand and size are you going with? Keep us posted on your experience with these wheels. I assume 10" on back and 9" for the fronts?

Yes, 20x10 in the back and 20x9 in the front. 255/35/ZR20 front and 285/30/ZR20 rear. Here's a picture of the tires...and by the way, I've had these tires before on a previous car and they are by far the best tires I have ever had, performance wise, looks wise, etc.

post-25606-1255410284_thumb.jpg

post-25606-1255410284_thumb.jpg

Agreed...those are the only wheels I'd ever consider putting on my car other than the stock ones. (I'll be keeping the stock ones though)

Yes, 20x10 in the back and 20x9 in the front. 255/35/ZR20 front and 285/30/ZR20 rear. Here's a picture of the tires...and by the way, I've had these tires before on a previous car and they are by far the best tires I have ever had, performance wise, looks wise, etc.

I love the BF Goodrich G-force series. By far the best tires I've ever had too. I got the KDWS versions in the past. They lasted forever and performed all year around. Did the inserts come with those wheels? Or are they ones you got separately?

nice! good tire selection too!

may i ask where did u buy the alcoas from, ebay or scott drake? same retail price or cheaper? just wondering thats all, i sooo want a set too :-)

congrats justin!

see link below, it's where mine are coming from (talk to Mike). if you've lowered your car, you'll have to go with a different rear tire.

http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale.com/pr...OYOWHEELTIREPKG

congrats justin!

see link below, it's where mine are coming from (talk to Mike). if you've lowered your car, you'll have to go with a different rear tire.

http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale.com/pr...OYOWHEELTIREPKG

thanks much for the info, looks like a good deal package. as for the tires, i'll probably go with 275/35/20's in the rear. my ride is not lowered right now, but probably will do in the future (adding the handling pack).

were they able to add the tire sensors and band for a small fee or they don't do that?

I got everything installed today and the verdict is...NO RUBBING, NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!!!!!!!! If any of you are considering lowering your car and you want the Alcoas, there is nothing to worry about with the tire sizes I have. Everything works perfectly, and DAMN!!!! It looks so badass, you just can't believe it! The stance is perfect and wide. The tires are and wheels are more awesome and perfect on the car than I can express!!!! I'm SUPER PLEASED with the results. And they are hubcentric wheels, so they are perfectly balanced at all speeds without the need for hubcentric rings. Dude, I'm happy as a pig in poop!!!! Here's a few pics of the wheels up close, but they are crappy pics from in my garage and it's dark outside. I will take some better pics tomorrow in the daylight and post them for you guys to see. And yes, I know my car is dirty :baby: By the way, pictures just CANNOT do these wheels and tires justice. You really gotta see em in person to understand just how bad-to-the-bone they are... Also, the car is going to look reeeeeeeediculously awesome when I get my new brakes on there... :happy feet:

post-25606-1255482625_thumb.jpg

post-25606-1255482633_thumb.jpg

post-25606-1255482639_thumb.jpg

post-25606-1255482643_thumb.jpg

post-25606-1255482625_thumb.jpg

post-25606-1255482633_thumb.jpg

post-25606-1255482639_thumb.jpg

post-25606-1255482643_thumb.jpg

Listen guys, I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW PLEASED I AM WITH THESE WHEELS AND TIRES. I CANNOT UNDERSTATE JUST HOW AMAZING THEY MAKE THE CAR LOOK. I AM COMPLETELY FLOORED. AFTER ALL THE MODS I HAVE DONE TO THIS CAR, THIS...HANDS DOWN...IS THE VERY BEST MOD...PERIOD. I WOULD HIGHLY ENCOURAGE ANYONE WHO IS CONSIDERING THESE WHEELS AND TIRES TO GO FOR IT. THEY ARE THE BEST WHEELS YOU CAN GET FOR THIS CAR AND THE TIRES ARE BY FAR THE BEST ONES OUT THERE. I AM SPEECHLESS AND I COULD NOT BE ANY HAPPIER WITH MY CHOICES. DUDE, WORDS CANNOT EXPLAIN IT... MY CAR LOOKS AMAZING.

Justin,

I must say, they do look great - indeed better than the 20" set you bought last month! I must have missed something, but what happened, why were you not happy with the last 20"s.

BTW could you let me know where I can get one of those money trees that you've got growing in your back yard?

Regards, Megan

Justin,

I must say, they do look great - indeed better than the 20" set you bought last month! I must have missed something, but what happened, why were you not happy with the last 20"s.

BTW could you let me know where I can get one of those money trees that you've got growing in your back yard?

Regards, Megan

First of all, your avatar is nice... :drool: Second, I was NOT unhappy with the last set of wheels and tires, they just won't fit with my Baer brake upgrade that I'm doing. So, I decided to go with these. Next, you can get a money tree at Wal-Mart's Garden Center... :happy feet:

First of all, your avatar is nice...

Thanks Justin, I decided to come out of the closet!

I was NOT unhappy with the last set of wheels and tires, they just won't fit with my Baer brake upgrade that I'm doing. So, I decided to go with these. Next, you can get a money tree at Wal-Mart's Garden Center... :happy feet:

Thanks for the explanation - sorry if I missed that in one of your other posts. Anyway, I'm off to Wal-Mart now,.....catch up with you tomorrow ;)

Megan

Just wait til the pics tomorrow. It will be lookin sweet... :happy feet:

Great! Can't wait for more pics.

I'm thinking the same thing. I wonder if I'm the only one just focused on paying off the car first (years and years from now) before I can even think about doing anything to it. Not that I want to do anything major. I even put the thought of some replacement speakers for my Shaker 500 on hold.

Megan

Oh dear...are we having gender identity issues? :huh:

I bet your profile view counter is going to go through the roof. :lol:

thanks much for the info, looks like a good deal package. as for the tires, i'll probably go with 275/35/20's in the rear. my ride is not lowered right now, but probably will do in the future (adding the handling pack).

were they able to add the tire sensors and band for a small fee or they don't do that?

They do it all except for programming the sensors. I plan on calling a buddy at Ford to see if he has a programmer...and if he can't do it, I'll go down to Discount Tires and get them to (I've already seen them program a club members wheels/tires to his car).

If you are interested in getting these, at least give Mike at Cruzinconcepts a call and see what he can do for you.

-Cameron

I got everything installed today and the verdict is...NO RUBBING, NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!!!!!!!! If any of you are considering lowering your car and you want the Alcoas, there is nothing to worry about with the tire sizes I have. Everything works perfectly, and DAMN!!!! It looks so badass, you just can't believe it! The stance is perfect and wide. The tires are and wheels are more awesome and perfect on the car than I can express!!!! I'm SUPER PLEASED with the results. And they are hubcentric wheels, so they are perfectly balanced at all speeds without the need for hubcentric rings. Dude, I'm happy as a pig in poop!!!! Here's a few pics of the wheels up close, but they are crappy pics from in my garage and it's dark outside. I will take some better pics tomorrow in the daylight and post them for you guys to see. And yes, I know my car is dirty :baby: By the way, pictures just CANNOT do these wheels and tires justice. You really gotta see em in person to understand just how bad-to-the-bone they are... Also, the car is going to look reeeeeeeediculously awesome when I get my new brakes on there... :happy feet:

congrats justin, they look freakin awesome!

I am very happy that everything worked out as well as it did, and judging from your side shot, I still find it hard to believe that I'd have issues with a 295/30/20...I guess I just won't understand until I get mine on the car. :headscratch:

Justin,

Regards, Megan

Justin......those wheels look great. I'd like to see them in black too!! And MEGAN...............MEGAN????!!!!! Holy Moly.........what a surprise that one is!!!

They do it all except for programming the sensors. I plan on calling a buddy at Ford to see if he has a programmer...and if he can't do it, I'll go down to Discount Tires and get them to (I've already seen them program a club members wheels/tires to his car).

If you are interested in getting these, at least give Mike at Cruzinconcepts a call and see what he can do for you.

-Cameron

thank u for the info!

It's been known since day one Alcoa's and 285/30s don't rub but take a look at your left rear quarter/tire photo, now if you were to get a wider tire, the wider tire has a wider section width and tread width and that's when the problems happen AND they will stick out past the fender line. Not knocking, looks good but the Alcoa/305's (for those that want it) has been dealt with in several posts.

Drive safe.

Megan,

Let's get you out of everything (now that the closet is clear)! Are you saying you're Megan Fox? I might shit myself it that's true but your gonna have to prove it. What have you got for us?

DaFreak

Thanks for the explanation - sorry if I missed that in one of your other posts. Anyway, I'm off to Wal-Mart now,.....catch up with you tomorrow ;)

Megan

Archived