TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Attention all Los Angeles/San Fernando valley gearheads

Son of GT

Well, after several years of going strong, the unoffical weekly car gathering called "Calabasas Supercar Sunday" is offically over. The venerable car event has been killed off by the shopping center's properity management company for unknown reasons. Begining on Sunday, September 27th, the PM company had both private security and L.A.P.D. advising all attendees that they must vacate the parking or get served with an injunction notice. They also had PD and private security there last Sunday (10-11-09) meeting drivers at the parking lot entrances advising all while they may patronize the businesses, they cannot remained parked "beyond a reasonable time to conduct your transaction".

The PM company was also video taping everyone who was trying to come into the lot. Here is a clip of a video taken on the 27th. It's a short video and the sound is not that great, but you can hear the PM agent asking people to leave or get slapped with an injunction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvlKlf79BPk

Tis a sad day for the hobby.

I guess the shopping center's business is booming and they need the parking :headscratch:

That would be understandable if that was the case, but the gathering started and ended early enough that all of the parking spots taken by the hobbyists cars would be vacated well before the main business hours commenced. There weren't that many shoppers shopping between the hours of 6:00 AM and 10:00AM Sunday mornings, but those that did come during those hours could always find a parking spot. That's because even though the parking lot was huge, and there were some Sunday's where over 200 cars would show up, the area that the gathering was concentrated in was just a little more than 1/3 of the total lot.

What's the address to this shopping center. I might go there this Sunday. What time do the people start arriving.

Tom

23381 Mulholland Dr

Woodland Hills, CA 91364

101 North (towards Oxnard), exit Valley Circle Blvd/Mulholland Dr. (same ramp), then turn left over the freeway. After you pass the 1st stop light, get into the left turn pocket and make a left into the shopping center driveway (just look for the police car). Park anywhere in the lot that's in front of the Bank of America, but don't park in the lot that's front of the CVS pharmacy or the Vons. The central point for the gathering was/is the "Coffee Roasters" store thats next to the BofA.

Folks USED to arrive anytime between 5:30 and 7:00 AM, but everyone would be done B.S.ing and out of lot no later than 10:00AM; and most Sunday's earler than that.

Are you thinking about driving up and protesting? post-4213-1255403169.gif

post-4213-1255403169.gif

That would be understandable if that was the case, but the gathering started and ended early enough that all of the parking spots taken by the hobbyists cars would be vacated well before the main business hours commenced. There weren't that many shoppers shopping between the hours of 6:00 AM and 10:00AM Sunday mornings, but those that did come during those hours could always find a parking spot. That's because even though the parking lot was huge, and there were some Sunday's where over 200 cars would show up, the area that the gathering was concentrated in was just a little more than 1/3 of the total lot.

23381 Mulholland Dr

Woodland Hills, CA 91364

101 North (towards Oxnard), exit Valley Circle Blvd/Mulholland Dr. (same ramp), then turn left over the freeway. After you pass the 1st stop light, get into the left turn pocket and make a left into the shopping center driveway (just look for the police car). Park anywhere in the lot that's in front of the Bank of America, but don't park in the lot that's front of the CVS pharmacy or the Vons. The central point for the gathering was/is the "Coffee Roasters" store thats next to the BofA.

Folks USED to arrive anytime between 5:30 and 7:00 AM, but everyone would be done B.S.ing and out of lot no later than 10:00AM; and most Sunday's earler than that.

Are you thinking about driving up and protesting? post-4213-1255403169.gif

It is only a one hour drive or 62 miles. I am game to see some TS Members, have a little conversation, talk about being a natural born citizen of this GREAT country and perhaps do some shopping. lol

Are you planning on going, Enis? I have to leave by 9:30am, my youngest daughter has a Clud Soccer game at 11:00am.

Any other TS Member planning on going? I plan to leave The OC at 4:30am to 5:00am. Depends on who is going we can meet somewhere off the 5 Frwy? Just a idea.

Tom

Someone should take a quick poll of the retailers, asking them if they were aware of of the PM actions and if so, whether they supported those actions. So long as there is parking availalbe for regular customers, would think the retailers would like the traffic and anything that would bring bodies closer to their businesses. Guessing the coffee shops weren't happy!

Someone should take a quick poll of the retailers, asking them if they were aware of of the PM actions and if so, whether they supported those actions. So long as there is parking availalbe for regular customers, would think the retailers would like the traffic and anything that would bring bodies closer to their businesses. Guessing the coffee shops weren't happy!

There's only one coffee shop in the shopping center, and he was the fellow that started the gatherings in the first place. I understand that the PM company was suing him directly over this issue, but I'm not able to substantiate that information.

A good friend of mine did call the two big retailers (Vons, CVS) within the center and asked the managers if they complained about the Sunday morning gatherings, but both managers advised him that they did NOT complain, and in fact, one of the managers was upset that his store was implacated by the PM company as being one of the alledged complainers.

My friend also made direct contact with the PM company (Regency Property Mgt), and was advised that they are resolved to end the gatherings and will apply whatever assets (legal recourse, pvt security, etc.) necessary to end them once and for all.

Archived