TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Recognition

Rex B

Every year a couple I know has a car show party at their house. Everyone brings their "special" car and parks on the lawn. Since the host owns a Ferrari forum, and owns several of those, over half were Ferraris, including a gorgeous 1967 330, and an F40. Also were several Porsches, a Lamborghini, a Maserati, Plymouth Superbird, and a number of others.

So I brought my white 2007 GT. The host had not seen it, and he made a big fuss over it when I rolled into the driveway. Lots of people looked it over, despite it being parked at the far corner of the yard.

When the awards were passed out, I was surprised to get the "Host's Choice" award. He told the crowd he was just blown away by that Shelby. Sure made me feel good, especially considering mine was almost the cheapest car there.

CelebrazioneOct2009f.jpg

CelebrazioneOct2009e.jpg

CelebrazioneOct2009b.jpg

:rockon::rockon:

Congrats. Your host knows a great car when he sees one :happy feet:

"I've never seen one before" is the #1 comment I get at cruise nights and local shows I enter, too. I've been doing it for two seasons now and it never gets old. :salute:

Every year a couple I know has a car show party at their house. Everyone brings their "special" car and parks on the lawn. Since the host owns a Ferrari forum, and owns several of those, over half were Ferraris, including a gorgeous 1967 330, and an F40. Also were several Porsches, a Lamborghini, a Maserati, Plymouth Superbird, and a number of others.

So I brought my white 2007 GT. The host had not seen it, and he made a big fuss over it when I rolled into the driveway. Lots of people looked it over, despite it being parked at the far corner of the yard.

When the awards were passed out, I was surprised to get the "Host's Choice" award. He told the crowd he was just blown away by that Shelby. Sure made me feel good, especially considering mine was almost the cheapest car there.

Great story!

Remember, least expensive doesn't mean cheapest...

I live in Keller. A bit North of you.

But there's another white 2007 in my neighborhood somewhere.

Ah Nuts is in Keller too!! That little 'burb has at least 3 SGTs; how cool is that?

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showuser=24566

Thanks for the kind words.

I really enjoy watching the heads turn as I drive by. Doesn't seem to work on women.

My wife just rolls her eyes ;)

I can relate to that. My car turns heads on Guam.......Guy's heads.

Even my daughter made the comment "Daddy.....only guys look at your car"

Congrats on the win

I can relate to that. My car turns heads on Guam.......Guy's heads.

Even my daughter made the comment "Daddy.....only guys look at your car"

You know, I've noticed that too. Most guys will do the swivel-neck as I pass, but very few women do.

If I weren't happily married I'd probably have to trade it in on a Corvette :D

Archived