TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Last Night

SGT/SC#0471

So upon entering a highway last pm behind a black 911 Carrera vert, that was behind a new Silver Camaro with twin exhausts, seriously, you cannot make this up...we all got on it, the 911 was seriously in my way, and the Camaro although attempting to leave me and with the holeshot his as he started the whole thing, was still dispatched accordingly by my SGT/SC ...

The Camaro guy and I both got off at the same exit and we were both laughing but he was staring at my fender stripe the whole time...too much traffic/wrong area for a stop light to speed limit fun though.

I'd bet he googled SGT/SC when he got home, he got dusted. :hysterical:

There are so many 911's around here its funny, most of them know nothing about American muscle and they judge wrong, haha...first Camaro next to me I have seen though...they look totally Huge when you are in a lowered Mustang...

I'd bet there will be some nasty ones around though when the aftermarket gets S/C's for the bowties.

Funny about the 911 though as I had just posted about them earlier...Love the SGT.

So upon entering a highway last pm behind a black 911 Carrera vert, that was behind a new Silver Camaro with twin exhausts, seriously, you cannot make this up...we all got on it, the 911 was seriously in my way, and the Camaro although attempting to leave me and with the holeshot his as he started the whole thing, was still dispatched accordingly by my SGT/SC ...

The Camaro guy and I both got off at the same exit and we were both laughing but he was staring at my fender stripe the whole time...too much traffic/wrong area for a stop light to speed limit fun though.

There are so many 911's around here its funny, most of them know nothing about American muscle and they judge wrong, haha...first Camaro next to me I have seen though...they look totally Huge when you are in a lowered Mustang...

I'd bet there will be some nasty ones around though when the aftermarket gets S/C's for the bowties.

Funny about the 911 though as I had just posted about them earlier...Love the SGT.

Note that the V6 also comes with twin exhausts...no trying to be a downer....just an FYI!

Note that the V6 also comes with twin exhausts.

Interesting, it ran hard whatever it was or it was the holeshot...I do not know what to look for to identify the Camaros...what do ya know there Jeff?

edit: of course I cannot just stab it and go as my tires are still stock size so maybe it was not so fast...haha!

Interesting, it ran hard whatever it was or it was the holeshot...I do not know what to look for to identify the Camaros...what do ya know there Jeff?

edit: of course I cannot just stab it and go as my tires are still stock size so maybe it was not so fast...haha!

I just have a co-worker with a V6 LT with RS Trim....it get's confusing!

The 2010 Chevrolet Camaro is offered as a coupe only in LS, LT, and SS trim levels.

LS and LT models are powered by a 3.6L (217ci) V6 producing 304 hp (227 kW), mated to either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic with manual shift. The sprint from 0-60 is covered in 5.9 seconds with the V6 or there about depending who you talk to.

The SS is powered by the LS3 6.2L (376ci) V8 producing 426 hp (318 kW). It is paired with a 6-speed manual and runs 0-60 mph in 4.8 seconds or so while the automatic gets a L99 with 400 hp.

Now where it gets complicated is the fact that the RS appearance package is available on both the LT and SS!

So this would be like having a Mustang GT package but a V6 under the hood. I'm sure there are ways that a true Camaro enthusiast can tell, but me, I thought he had a V8 but it's a V6 twin exhaust, big wheels and all!

So you never know it could have been a V8 and I don't mean to take anything away from the story only to point out that it could be a well driven 309hp V6 as well and you can't go with the look/trim of the car to tell that's all.

Have fun with the SC but play safe!

:shift:

Hey Randy,

You weren't exceeding the speed limit now were you? :hysterical: Yeah it won't be long before the steathly Camaros show up. When the Z-28 comes out look out.

Hey Randy,

You weren't exceeding the speed limit now were you? :hysterical: Yeah it won't be long before the steathly Camaros show up. When the Z-28 comes out look out.

Not at all Dave... :hysterical:

Yeah I'd bet that there will be some seriously insane Camaros out there GM has a great aftermarket...and those mills take to mods well....

Thanks Jeff that was nice of you to give the rundown...the car had big wheels to me but what do I know I thought 18's were big haha.

Z28=550hp and a heavier car...I think we will be ok Dave...

Yeah I'd bet that there will be some seriously insane Camaros out there GM has a great aftermarket...and those mills take to mods well....

Thanks Jeff that was nice of you to give the rundown...the car had big wheels to me but what do I know I thought 18's were big haha.

you guys are so into your self, now youbeat a 911 porshe next you beat a zr1 corvette maybve these guys dont want to waste time with you kids and being childish

you guys are so into your self, now youbeat a 911 porshe next you beat a zr1 corvette maybve these guys dont want to waste time with you kids and being childish

Well while it is true some "grownups" or old farts with sports/performance cars like to "have ownership" of a object and obsess over them.

Some of us like to drive them. There was no doubt that these guys were the latter bunch.

Hope I die before I get "old". Meet the rest of yous in the sandbox....

Maybe when you become a TEAM SHELBY member we will give a Rats AZZ on what you think.

Anyone ever notice how forum members who are NOT Team Shelby members always like to say negative things about our cars?

Vette guy: polishing, polishing, polishing, toupee, polishing, polishing, browbeaten, polishing, polishing, toupee, polishing, fake tan, polishing, polishing, new dentures, polishing, polishing, polishing, speedos, polishing, polishing, polishing, geritol, polishing, polishing, polishing

This guy has 2 Nordic. And he thinks he's rich, pretty funny.

Love the gransport dislike the image...

Love the 911, but can dust one with a mustang...

Love the Camaro, but don't dig the styling.

For the money the ZR1 is cool I have seen a total of one on the street at Ikea no less being driven by the guy I described above.

An obvious bitter camaro owner above.....or perhaps a stuck-up vette owner?

These forums show nothing but the utmost respect for other cars including camaros; what's his problem? :headscratch:

The same can't be said about other forums.

So what if we love our cars? Get a life...

I've already spanked 2 Carreras. One of them stopped by me at the light exiting the interstate and had a look on his face that was priceless. They just assume that their fecal matter has no odor. And as mentioned above, more often that not, they just assume that their kraut mobile can beat anything on the road. Well, I know of at least two who now know better!

With your 480WHP, I know you'll be OK...

If it's childish to want your muscle/sports car to be faster/better than the other guy, then that's me. What other reason do you have for owning one?

I, personally think you have a serious problem and will no longer respond to your posts...

SOUND... huge difference between the sound of the V6 and V8

SOUND... huge difference between the sound of the V6 and V8

Good point.

Dave..I'd bet in the NW we both will see some insanely modded new Camaros...So far my favorite "street car" that pulled up next to me at a light was a 68 tubbed and caged Dart with what I could only describe as sounding like a stroked Hemi at about a 1100 rpm idle...

The tire size and the huge studs on the rear wheels with the screwed in tires clearly had me accelerating slowly away from the light...and I remember that car from 5 years ago...sweet.

Sorry, but I have to say, your a douche. I don't do this often, but maybe you caught me on the wrong day... I just can't stand this type of mentality. I read through some of your posts recently and if all you are going to do is bash others and talk about how many cars you have, then my statement is correct. Seriously, no one cares if you represent having money or if you have 10 high performance cars... maybe you should take a class in humility. Either way, back off and go post somewhere else.

I just have a co-worker with a V6 LT with RS Trim....it get's confusing!

The 2010 Chevrolet Camaro is offered as a coupe only in LS, LT, and SS trim levels.

LS and LT models are powered by a 3.6L (217ci) V6 producing 304 hp (227 kW), mated to either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic with manual shift. The sprint from 0-60 is covered in 5.9 seconds with the V6 or there about depending who you talk to.

The SS is powered by the LS3 6.2L (376ci) V8 producing 426 hp (318 kW). It is paired with a 6-speed manual and runs 0-60 mph in 4.8 seconds or so while the automatic gets a L99 with 400 hp.

Now where it gets complicated is the fact that the RS appearance package is available on both the LT and SS!

So this would be like having a Mustang GT package but a V6 under the hood. I'm sure there are ways that a true Camaro enthusiast can tell, but me, I thought he had a V8 but it's a V6 twin exhaust, big wheels and all!

So you never know it could have been a V8 and I don't mean to take anything away from the story only to point out that it could be a well driven 309hp V6 as well and you can't go with the look/trim of the car to tell that's all.

Have fun with the SC but play safe!

:shift:

My wife is having a fit for a Camaro so I have had to do a little research on them. If you get the RS package on a LT then you get a "RS" badge, if you get a plain SS then you get a white "SS" badge, and if you get a SS with the RS package the you get a red "RS" badge. Simple enough, right?

With your 480WHP, I know you'll be OK...

If it's childish to want your muscle/sports car to be faster/better than the other guy, then that's me. What other reason do you have for owning one?

I, personally think you have a serious problem and will no longer respond to your posts...

i cant help it your childish why do i have a problem i dont act like a 18 year old kid amd " ill beat you at the red light " sorry those days are old

No, we tried that most of us can but a few cannot... :hysterical:

RANDY,

I LOVE YOU MAN !!!

AND

I LOVE A GOOD RACE EVERY NOW AND THEN.

SOME PEOPLE JUST DON'T GET IT AND RUINS EVERYBODIES FUN. :hysterical:

LET THE THREAD ROLL ON !!! :happy feet:

NOW I JUST NEED A CORVETTE BURGER FOR A ROAD SIDE SNACK. :hysterical:

SCOTTY

I love the Corvette, I think it's a beautiful ride with an amazing heritage. I like the idea of the Camaro, but only because it's an American muscle car (I don't care much for the styling/image).

911's are crap IMO. They look cheesy, they are highly over rated, and almost always end up in the care of bitter old men.

Good on ya Randy, nice kill. It sounds like you and the Camaro dude had a good go of it and both ended up with smiles on your faces. That's all that matters man. If you can't throttle that baby around here and there, WTF is the point in owning it? :shift:

Ken

:hysterical: Thanks guys! But as you know I never exceeded the speed limit or anything justa friendly fun SAFE time... :happy feet:

The Porsche WAS in the way however... :hysterical:

Ken, +1000 and SCOTTY "ALL CAPS" I DIG YOUR STYLE TOO MAN!!!!

So have I told ya about the Challenger that got the holeshot on me while I spun my tires? I caught up until we got to 55 of course... :hysterical:

Archived