TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT left for GT/SC upgrade in Las Vegas

I am sure SAI will take care of you.

My freind has a GT that he had a whipple 550 put on. He was traveling down the freeway and the engine crapped out. It now needs to be rebuilt. I have to say his driving habbits are not the best so I know he stressed the car.

Good luck with your SC project.

Suggestion for ya..... Buy an extra belt, or two! They're special order and take about a week.

Amen to that and you might also want to keep the belt theading diagram with the spare belt so you know how to get it on right.

Jim

Amen to that and you might also want to keep the belt theading diagram with the spare belt so you know how to get it on right.

Jim

Good point I forgot about that!

When I shredded mine I had to put the stock belt on and bypass the blower to get home, that was fun to without a diagram to follow! I now have a spare long belt (Gates K061247) and the stock belt in the trunk.

• 3 weeks later...

Good point I forgot about that!

When I shredded mine I had to put the stock belt on and bypass the blower to get home, that was fun to without a diagram to follow! I now have a spare long belt (Gates K061247) and the stock belt in the trunk.

I'm picking up my SGTSC next week at SAI. I have tried to locate the belt above so that I would have a spare. Can't find it. Can someone please verify the belt # and tell me where I might be able to pick one up?

So you had a round trip flight and left the car at SAI? Thats really too bad. Hopefully SAI will fix the problems and get you on the road ASAP. Ive driven the 550HP kit on a regulat GT and you are in for a real treat when its done. I hear high 11's in the quarter mile are the norm. I Have the Big Boost kit (475HP) laying in my shop waiting to go in my car. Good luck.

I'm picking up my SGTSC next week at SAI. I have tried to locate the belt above so that I would have a spare. Can't find it. Can someone please verify the belt # and tell me where I might be able to pick one up?

That is a good number, I had to order mine through a Gates representative, took about a week. I got two why I was at it! There have been several post about the belts breaking just do a search on it.

Archived