TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Oil Leak

edgecomb

Well, my saga continues, finally picked the car up Friday, drove it for most of the weekend and sometime during sunday afternoon, it started leaking oil. I kinda suspected something when I picked it up, since I could smell something burning off, but I wrote it off as the new car smell breaking in. The leak is significant, it's leaving a small pool of oil in the garage and when I backed out you could see the drops forming a line. I just dropped it back off at the dealer, but I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing any type of leaks in the '10.

Well, my saga continues, finally picked the car up Friday, drove it for most of the weekend and sometime during sunday afternoon, it started leaking oil. I kinda suspected something when I picked it up, since I could smell something burning off, but I wrote it off as the new car smell breaking in. The leak is significant, it's leaving a small pool of oil in the garage and when I backed out you could see the drops forming a line. I just dropped it back off at the dealer, but I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing any type of leaks in the '10.

First I have heard of any leaks. I will keep a look out though.

Alan

Just I just got a 2010 and had an oil leak issue and it was the oil cooler. You might want to check that out. The oil from the factory has a dye in it and can be seen with a special light. .

I heard from the dealer, its the oil cooler as well, how long did it take them to fix yours?, they're saying wednesday

Do you guys hear your oil cooler working in your cars? I can hear a fluid circulation noise when I'm idling.

Does it sound like when you turn the key to run? I am willing to bet you are hearing the fuel pump. But if you are hearing it at idle that is not good either. Usually a loud stock fuel pump while engine is running is a sign something is wrong with it. Can hear mine at startup when it primes the system, but is quiet after that.

Archived