TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Coast High Performance 3V Stroker Kits

Coast High Performance has a new pair of stroker combinations for the 3V engine. Both versions utilize a 3.75" stroker crank made from 4340 micro alloy steel, 6.000" long 4340 H-beam connecting rods, performance main/rod bearings and file to fit moly ring set. The pistons are the only difference. You get a high compression version or a low compression version.

High compression: 5cc dish flat top; Stock bore=10.65:1; .020" overbore=10.75:1

Low compression: 12.7cc dish; stock bore=9.2:1; .020" overbore=9.3:1

You can purchase these stroker kits as a rotating assembly or as a fully assembled shortblock direct from Coast High Performance (or PM me for contact info at Coast). Price on the shortblocks is in the neighborhood of $4200. Don't know an exact price on the rotating assemblies so you need to contact Coast High Performance.

There is also a flat top piston available for stock stroke/standard rod length combinations. Yields 10.2:1 compression.

I have one about to go into my twin turbo car so we will have performance data shortly.

Coast High Performance has a new pair of stroker combinations for the 3V engine. Both versions utilize a 3.75" stroker crank made from 4340 micro alloy steel, 6.000" long 4340 H-beam connecting rods, performance main/rod bearings and file to fit moly ring set. The pistons are the only difference. You get a high compression version or a low compression version.

High compression: 5cc dish flat top; Stock bore=10.65:1; .020" overbore=10.75:1

Low compression: 12.7cc dish; stock bore=9.2:1; .020" overbore=9.3:1

You can purchase these stroker kits as a rotating assembly or as a fully assembled shortblock direct from Coast High Performance (or PM me for contact info at Coast). Price on the shortblocks is in the neighborhood of $4200. Don't know an exact price on the rotating assemblies so you need to contact Coast High Performance.

There is also a flat top piston available for stock stroke/standard rod length combinations. Yields 10.2:1 compression.

I have one about to go into my twin turbo car so we will have performance data shortly.

SD are you going with the 10.65:1 or the 9.2:1? will you being using the stock heads? also are you still running the stock Exile TT set up? I've been reading your posts over at the S197 forum, you offer some very good tips and great information, thank you.

Thanks! My shortblock was built with a custom set of 9.3cc dish pistons so my compression ratio is closer to stock at 9.8:1. We will be using ported heads (I'm almost done porting them and they look pretty good if I do say so myself) along with either a set of custom cams or the Comp 127300 cams. I'd really like to use the new FRPP intake but I can't seem to get an answer as to when they will be available. Guess I'll have to threaten Jesse Kershaw with a baseball bat to find out. LOL!

I am seriously considering swapping the pistons out for the higher compression units. I've built quite a few turbo modulars with 11:1 compression and every one of them made insane amounts of power. The only drawback is having to use C-16 exclusively. Well...that, and the fact that I'm not sure what the transmission will withstand! The upside is....don't have to use much boost to go fast!

I am using the Exile Twin Turbo system as it is delivered. In fact, I just got off the phone with Rick Head from Exile a few minutes ago. One turbo looks fine....the other is full of crap and hurt. He has a replacement almost finished so I should have them next week sometime. Don't think the car will be ready before the NMRA Houston race so I will be borrowing a car for that one but we should have the car going downtrack before HRP closes the gates for the Christmas holidays.

Archived