TEAM SHELBY FORUM

can someone tell me where my car is??

i don`t want to sound like :cry: baby + iknow life `s tough when you have to wait a extra week for your car.just want to know.

car was built on 9/18. delivery to dealer pushed back 4-5 x`s already.

in 08 i ordered car that sat in nj for over 2 weeks before it reached dealer on LI. wondering if it`s the same case.i appreciate it. thanks

vin: 1zvbp8js7a5149297

i don`t want to sound like :cry: baby + iknow life `s tough when you have to wait a extra week for your car.just want to know.

in 08 i ordered car that sat in nj for over 2 weeks before it reached dealer on LI. wondering if it`s the same case.i appreciate it. thanks

PM Grabber, he might be able to help you.

ssgt500,

My car came in on a similar path to a dealer on LI, sat in NJ for over 3 weeks waiting for delivery, the way it was explained to me by CS was the GT500 can only go on one place on the car hauler so unless the dealer is getting full loads of cars it will take a while to schedule. As it turned out the dealer where the car was being drop shipped was on finance hold so no cars were being delivered to them. My dealer pushed it up to the Ford regional Rep and the car was delivered 3 days later.

Good Luck!

Regards,

Jim

capt jim sorry for whining, you waited over 5 months for your car.over2 after it was built.

what`s the capt stand for??

I ordered the car 3/18 and it was finally delivered on 8/18. It was built on 6/17 and then didn't ship before the 2 week plant shutdown in early July. then finally shipped about 7/19 arrived Newark on 7/25. delivered to dealer on 8/17. Sailed on merchant ships for a number of years and have an unlimited tonnage Captains license.

Saw MM's message, looks like you'll be driving this weekend. Good Luck!!!

Regards

Jim

cars in! going to take care of paper work today. pick up tomarrow.

mike morris.don`t know if it helped or not.but i let them know that i knew car was in nj . i`d bet car would still be in nj.thanks!! rich

remember,it takes 5-7miles of contunous drivng to set the supercharger.Ask the dealer if he already did that

burning blue just got back from 1st meeting with car.i took pics,but car was in basement ,pretty dark. checked rims + hood .both looked ok.tomarrow i`ll bring my check list.(from forum). and really go over it.don`t think i`ll be sleeping tonight.traded in 08 gt + picking that up was alot of fun.this is even better.

gt500 alot $$ FOR me. hope it`s worth it .thanks again for all your help along the way . GOD bless .

torched 10 salesman just tlod me 100 miles for sc to kick in.they don`t have a clue.is there something they have to do before delivery?? thanks rich.

burning blue just got back from 1st meeting with car.i took pics,but car was in basement ,pretty dark. checked rims + hood .both looked ok.tomarrow i`ll bring my check list.(from forum). and really go over it.don`t think i`ll be sleeping tonight.traded in 08 gt + picking that up was alot of fun.this is even better.

gt500 alot $$ FOR me. hope it`s worth it .thanks again for all your help along the way . GOD bless .

torched 10 salesman just tlod me 100 miles for sc to kick in.they don`t have a clue.is there something they have to do before delivery?? thanks rich.

No theyshould just do a quality check,but nothing else.I wouldnt even let them clean it up--take it home as is.The salesmen either doesnt have a clue on the SC,or he wants to drive it 100miles.Dont let him--make it your test drive beofre you buy it and set the SC.The manual says 5 miles or 50 starts

burning blue just got back from 1st meeting with car.i took pics,but car was in basement ,pretty dark. checked rims + hood .both looked ok.tomorrow i`ll bring my check list.(from forum). and really go over it.don`t think i`ll be sleeping tonight.traded in 08 gt + picking that up was alot of fun.this is even better.

torched 10 salesman just told me 100 miles for sc to kick in.they don`t have a clue.is there something they have to do before delivery?? thanks rich.

In the basement? too bad it was dark. Yeah, definitely take a checklist of the things to look for on the 2010's. That is invaluable when taking delivery.

Yeah, the Shelby is a ton of $$$. When it came to the moment of commitment...I'd be lying if I didn't take a few minutes and made sure that I was really willing to undertake the financial burden this car is going to place on me for the foreseeable future. I'm not rich by far. It'll take a few years to pay off. That's why I'm amazed at the amount of money some people start pouring into the car as soon as they get it. Obviously in different income brackets than me...I don't begrudge them being able to do that. I'm just happy I was able swing getting "the car" only.

Of course we all know I decided it was going to be worth it. And from the past three months...so far I'm extremely pleased. I'm glad I "went for it". No regrets!

In the basement? too bad it was dark. Yeah, definitely take a checklist of the things to look for on the 2010's. That is invaluable when taking delivery.

Yeah, the Shelby is a ton of $$$. When it came to the moment of commitment...I'd be lying if I didn't take a few minutes and made sure that I was really willing to undertake the financial burden this car is going to place on me for the foreseeable future. I'm not rich by far. It'll take a few years to pay off. That's why I'm amazed at the amount of money some people start pouring into the car as soon as they get it. Obviously in different income brackets than me...I don't begrudge them being able to do that. I'm just happy I was able swing getting "the car" only.

Of course we all know I decided it was going to be worth it. And from the past three months...so far I'm extremely pleased. I'm glad I "went for it". No regrets!

Hello group, I've been patiently waiting for my Shelby due to deliver in Nov. In this thread I saw a posting about checking the rims and hood. Overall are there specific items about the Shelby I need to look for before I take delivery of the car? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Bullett

There are a few things that are common to look for smbullett...and some others are just random production hiccups.

The common things to look for are:

1. Chipped wheels on the outer edges (insist on them ordering you a new rim if it is the case with yours)

2. Paint missing where the two joints meet directly in front of the front tires. (you'll have to look real close at this..not some thing you can see from a distance, especially on a black car. This is the product of the front end clip being over tightened or misaligned. The paint was chipped off.)

3. Rusty rear-end axle and other driveshaft parts (you might get the dealer to coat these pieces for you, if you make a big enough deal about it - or just do it yourself, if you don't mind crawling under the car. Real easy to take care of on your own, if you're able)

The somewhat random items are:

1. Flashing around the rear taillights has scratched the paint on the rear bumper when lights were installed. (some plastic flashing on the housing of the taillights themselves)

2. Misaligned hood

3. Bubbles in the stripes

4. Deep scratches in the the black skirts around the bottom of the car (probably caused by the tie-down on the delivery trucks?)

5. Misaligned or improperly cut stripes

6. Circular bezels around air vents don't match (our are supposed to be satin - regular GT's have them chrome. Was a case of one the chrome ones being on someones car)

7. Random fluid leaks (VERY rare)

8. Plastic fasteners missing from the trunk lid pad insert. (circular push-in fasteners)

9. Paint missing from inside of the fog light housings.

10. Stuffing from the corner of the seats exposed (Dealer should be able to repair it)

That's just off the top of my head....I'll edit it later if I think of anything else.

i picked car up today.rained all day.so didn`t get to drive too much.about 5miles home + in the garage.

i went over car real good.(hood, rims,trunk liner,air vents.stripes,air cleaner clamp,bumpers,no dings.seats,all gaps, fog light,splastic skirts)i didn`t see anything,i`m sure i will 1st time i wash+ wax it.this is my 6th mustang+i know there`s dirt in the paint somewhere. took pics but don`t know how to post them.i have to get my nephew to help me i`m a little behind the times.(challenged) :headscratch:

sterling grey /silver stripe

hids ,car cover

ordered 8/12

vin 8/17

built 9/18

at dealer 10/14

delivered10/15

There are a few things that are common to look for smbullett...and some others are just random production hiccups.

The common things to look for are:

1. Chipped wheels on the outer edges (insist on them ordering you a new rim if it is the case with yours)

2. Paint missing where the two joints meet directly in front of the front tires. (you'll have to look real close at this..not some thing you can see from a distance, especially on a black car. This is the product of the front end clip being over tightened or misaligned. The paint was chipped off.)

3. Rusty rear-end axle and other driveshaft parts (you might get the dealer to coat these pieces for you, if you make a big enough deal about it - or just do it yourself, if you don't mind crawling under the car. Real easy to take care of on your own, if you're able)

The somewhat random items are:

1. Flashing around the rear taillights has scratched the paint on the rear bumper when lights were installed. (some plastic flashing on the housing of the taillights themselves)

2. Misaligned hood

3. Bubbles in the stripes

4. Deep scratches in the the black skirts around the bottom of the car (probably caused by the tie-down on the delivery trucks?)

5. Misaligned or improperly cut stripes

6. Circular bezels around air vents don't match (our are supposed to be satin - regular GT's have them chrome. Was a case of one the chrome ones being on someones car)

7. Random fluid leaks (VERY rare)

8. Plastic fasteners missing from the trunk lid pad insert. (circular push-in fasteners)

9. Paint missing from inside of the fog light housings.

10. Stuffing from the corner of the seats exposed (Dealer should be able to repair it)

That's just off the top of my head....I'll edit it later if I think of anything else.

Thanks for the info. I would not have known to check for some of those items. Maybe a mod could make the edited list a sticky for others to use as well when they take delivery of their car.

Archived