TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake goes on Haunted Hills HillClimb

Hey Guys and Gals,

Had an awesome day yesterday. Took my SS to Haunted Hills HillClimb track, about 1.5 hours outside of Melbourne Australia, we had a driver instruction day, about 40 cars took part, a couple of GTR's and an awesome GT3, and australias most powerful factory delivered car....my SS.

Craig Dean from mustang motorsport lowered the car a little and we put the Griggs Jongbloed wheels on with 305 toyo proxess R888's. The griggs suspension was incredible on the track.

We also installed this week the Shelby Cooling package, i filled it with just water and water wetter, and the car stayed cool and ran hard all day. Fantastic.

I am back at the track next weekend with a Ford Performance day, hopefully ill get some in car video for you... This is an incredible, short but fun course. Next week will also be a timed event...so ill see how i go.

Anyway, here is a few pictures...

DylanandMichael045.jpg

DylanandMichael058.jpg

DylanandMichael050.jpg

DylanandMichael051.jpg

DylanandMichael053.jpg

The Competition...this guy could drive...

DylanandMichael083.jpg

and also... The third Super Snake arrives in Australia....She is going somewhere in Queensland, good luck to my Sister Snake..

DylanandMichael038.jpg

Congrats on getting the cooling package installed. It's made a huge difference in keeping my SS cool.

Thanks for the pics, very cool. That's a great looking track, but I'm not sure I like those big truck/tractor tires.

Really cool - always nice seeing these cars put to the test and seeing how well they perforn - and its tons of fun...

Damn right !!!!

Even though it looks like a hick country track, it was great fun hahaha. Its no Daytona haha.

The track record for a car with greater than 1.8 litres is 56.68 sec, set by a 911 GT3, the fastest on the day i was there was 60.11 sec, my time was 63.07, i was only beaten on day by pure race cars, no street cars.

There was a guy there with an Aussie FPV Ford UTE (sport utility, very popular down under), which had 470kw at the wheels, his best was sadly a tad under 69 sec... so my 725 hp won by a yard haha.

I cam 8th out of 28 cars on the day...

Not bad considering i am such a hack driver haha... Next time, ill do better.

Cheers Guys...

(yeah Dylan got a tad carried away with the soundtrack etc, hes 18 hahaha what more needs be said )

• 2 weeks later...
Damn right !!!!

Even though it looks like a hick country track, it was great fun hahaha. Its no Daytona haha.

The track record for a car with greater than 1.8 litres is 56.68 sec, set by a 911 GT3, the fastest on the day i was there was 60.11 sec, my time was 63.07, i was only beaten on day by pure race cars, no street cars.

There was a guy there with an Aussie FPV Ford UTE (sport utility, very popular down under), which had 470kw at the wheels, his best was sadly a tad under 69 sec... so my 725 hp won by a yard haha.

I cam 8th out of 28 cars on the day...

Not bad considering i am such a hack driver haha... Next time, ill do better.

Cheers Guys...

(yeah Dylan got a tad carried away with the soundtrack etc, hes 18 hahaha what more needs be said )

Rock On Jason! Glad to see you finally got the heat exchanger installed on the old girl!! Keep working on those lines and your technique, you can only get faster!!!

Archived