TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Barrett Jackson Las Vegas - Prudhomme Super Snake

twobjshelbys

It sold for $275K (+10%). Carroll did make it to the auction and rode onto the stage with Don driving. I got some good photos but have to convert them from Nikon raw to Jpeg and upload them which will take more time than I can do tonight since I have to leave on my 12 hour drive by 5:00 or 6:00 tomorrow morning.

I also got some good shots of Jay Leno on his bike.

nice pics

Thanks. I have some (well, that's an understatement) of it going across the block and the press follow up. Carroll was there. I'm sorting and culling out the best ones but I got back to our friends house at about 9:00PM last night, had a pizza and crashed and then drove 800 miles straight through to Colorado. I need to decompress. Plus Sharon was there and I told her that we'd pool the photos. I think I did post a teaser with Carroll and Jay. It's a pretty good shot.

OK, now to part two. The previous photos were all before the auction. These are from the auction floor.

I already gave a sneak peek with Jay and Carroll. I had gone down early Saturday and I got an email from my friend's wife who was watching on Speed that said both Carroll and Jay were there. I figured that Carroll was there for the Prudhomme car and Jay was there for his bike.

The Prudhomme car was close in the sequence after CSX2568 so I was kind of running around. I got to the staging area with the Supersnake and Carroll and Don were both in the car. This is the rest of the story. I still like taking stills better than a movie camera.

DSC_5823.jpg

DSC_5824.jpg

DSC_5826.jpg

DSC_5827.jpg

DSC_5828.jpg

DSC_5829.jpg

DSC_5830.jpg

This is Mrs. Shelby.

DSC_5832.jpg

DSC_5835.jpg

DSC_5836.jpg

Tony great pic's!!! What did the car auction for?? I didn't get to see this on TV?

Mick

It was bought by a mystery phone buyer for $275,000. That was thought to be Ron Pratt. But the whole phone thing was kind of staged so I expect he had an advanced bid in to trigger if the final bid was not high enough. Regardless, I think it was a well bought car for for the legacy.

I recall that one of the bennies was a ride with Don at the track. It will be interesting to see Ron riding with Don. Hope someone is there to get some vids!

• 4 years later...

It was bought by a mystery phone buyer for $275,000. That was thought to be Ron Pratt. But the whole phone thing was kind of staged so I expect he had an advanced bid in to trigger if the final bid was not high enough. Regardless, I think it was a well bought car for for the legacy.

I recall that one of the bennies was a ride with Don at the track. It will be interesting to see Ron riding with Don. Hope someone is there to get some vids!

Photo showing DP car in Ron Pratte's collection.

Steve

Ron Pratte Shelby Prudhomme.jpg

Archived