TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Willow Springs - Sunday 10/11/2009

HORSBYT

Cliff,

Sweet footage from the track. Was that with Speed Ventures? They let you pass anywhere you want? Although we had a good time ont he big track, I want to do Streets of Willow again but Speed Ventures has yet to open up the registration for the November or December sessions.

Jim

Yeah it was with Speed Adv. They let you pass in all groups, except for white (1st-timers) and as long as it's a point-by and clean. As you saw, I took some on the corners, but they were well outta my way.... :)

They typically open up registration about 2-weeks prior to an event. I saw streets coming up, but I may do CA Speedway again... It's like 15mins from my house.... Willow is a haul, but look who i'm telling! :)

Fantastic vid, thanks for sharing. The point that you passed the Porshe. (slight right ,down hill to a transitioning uphill left) can be a spooky place to pass. I've seen lots of spin off tracks there.

Very cool indeed.

Fantastic vid, thanks for sharing. The point that you passed the Porshe. (slight right ,down hill to a transitioning uphill left) can be a spooky place to pass. I've seen lots of spin off tracks there.

Very cool indeed.

I have been there at Willow with Cliff. The man has no fear and that pass of the Porsche (I'm going to get you guys to spell it right yet ;) ) proves it. I am with you -- that is a spooky (Halloween pun?) place to pass.

Jim

I have been there at Willow with Cliff. The man has no fear and that pass of the Porsche (I'm going to get you guys to spell it right yet ;) ) proves it. I am with you -- that is a spooky (Halloween pun?) place to pass.

Jim

Haha, he gave me room. I was all over him for awhile and finally wore him out. I found that to be a pretty good strategy. You may not be fast enough to pass him, but you can wear him down until finally he's just tired of you being all over him in the corner. Several times during the day I found myself pushing on him.. I have fear, he wanted me to pass him going up the horseshoe at one point (which you can see me wave him off) that spot is almost more dangerous than almost any other place... It's tight through there.

Jim - your car looks GREAT with the tow hook and new wheels!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived