TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CSBI (Shelby) Stock

What's up with the Shelby stock prices ?

I watch their stock on my web page for fun and it has been fluctuating between .27-.30 a share for some time now all of a sudden it closes at .20 a share today. 30% loss in one day was there some type of annoucement or was someone just dumping stock ?

I noticed that too. Volume today was 12,111. The average daily volume is 1,111.10 (measured over 30 days). That is a lot of shares for a lightly traded stock. Still, that is the largest drop I have ever seen in one day. The 52 week low is $0.19 while the high has been $0.40.

Jim

Might have something to do with changes to the Chili recipe. :hysterical:

This is a recent Press release! :lurk:

Shelby Signature Foods Statement on Chili Mix

4:30p ET October 1, 2009 (Business Wire)

In response to consumer inquires, Shelby Signature Foods, founded by Carroll Shelby, chairman and CEO of Carroll Shelby International Inc. (Pink Sheets: CSBI), has issued a statement about purported changes to the recipe and packaging of "Carroll Shelby Chili Mix" products sold by Reily Foods Company in the United States.

Statement:

Although Carroll Shelby created the "Carroll Shelby Chili" mix 40 years ago, it was sold in 1986 and is now owned by Reily Foods Company. The packaging has been changed and it's been purported that the recipe has been revised, too. Mr. Shelby wants it known that he has not been associated with the chili mix for many years and has nothing to do with these reported changes. Anyone with complaints about the quality or way the chili mix is being made should not contact him but call Reily Foods.

For more information about Shelby Signature Foods, contact Scott Black at (214) 520-3430.

SOURCE: Shelby Signature Foods

for Shelby Signature Foods

Scott Black, 214-520-3430

sblack@tprm-usa.com

as small investors buy 100, 500 or 1000 shares, the price rises up thru the 30 cent range to near the 40 cent range,

as it does, larger investers dump 5000 to 10000 shares at a time and the prices plummets back into the 20 cent range...

the stock has followed this pattern for over a year now.....ever since it came down from the dollar range.

Might have something to do with changes to the Chili recipe. :hysterical:

This is a recent Press release! :lurk:

Shelby Signature Foods Statement on Chili Mix

4:30p ET October 1, 2009 (Business Wire)

In response to consumer inquires, Shelby Signature Foods, founded by Carroll Shelby, chairman and CEO of Carroll Shelby International Inc. (Pink Sheets: CSBI), has issued a statement about purported changes to the recipe and packaging of "Carroll Shelby Chili Mix" products sold by Reily Foods Company in the United States.

Statement:

Although Carroll Shelby created the "Carroll Shelby Chili" mix 40 years ago, it was sold in 1986 and is now owned by Reily Foods Company. The packaging has been changed and it's been purported that the recipe has been revised, too. Mr. Shelby wants it known that he has not been associated with the chili mix for many years and has nothing to do with these reported changes. Anyone with complaints about the quality or way the chili mix is being made should not contact him but call Reily Foods.

For more information about Shelby Signature Foods, contact Scott Black at (214) 520-3430.

SOURCE: Shelby Signature Foods

for Shelby Signature Foods

Scott Black, 214-520-3430

sblack@tprm-usa.com

Yeah most people don't realize that Carroll sold the chili unit 23 years ago. Kraft kept it the same for years while they had it but now that Reily foods controls it I've heard its the same as that Wick Fowler chili they sell. Looks like SSF is trying to distance itself from the change.

I guess the new mantra should be: Bring back the original recipe then bring back the bag.

Steve

Time to buy some more Shelby stock :happy feet:

So, as long as we are talking stock; what ever happened to AENG (Advanced Engine Technologies)?

I was there about seven years ago and they were working on the project. Two years later it looked like the lights were all turned off.

This is the last report I have:

Business Summaryhttp://www.ox2engine.com/.Advanced Engine Technologies, Inc. develops and commercializes the OX2 internal combustion engine. The Company acquired the worldwide rights for the OX2 engine pursuant to a four-party agreement among the Company, OX2 LTD, OX2 Intellectual Property Inc. and Advanced Engine Technology PTY Ltd., which became effective in May 1999. The Company also assumed responsibility for worldwide maintenance and for future research and development on the OX2 engine. As of June 30, 2004, the Company's operations consisted of engineering, testing, marketing and development of the OX2 combustion engine for commercial applications and raising any necessary capital investments. Management does not expect to generate significant sales revenue during the fiscal year ending June 30, 2005. Accordingly, planned principal operations have not commenced.

Investor Contact Office Phone Fax

John Luft 11150 W. Olympic Bivd.

Los Angeles, CA 90064 310-914-9599 310-914-1874

Carroll Shelby is listed as President, Director.

As long as I'm asking, does Carroll Shelby Signature Foods have any foods yet?

Not chili?

Taco mix?

Cornbread?

Salad Dressing?

Popcorn?

Wine?

Beer?

Breakfast Cereal?

Pet Food?

I looked and couldn't find any other mention of it outside that press release back in March.

:-(

So, as long as we are talking stock; what ever happened to AENG (Advanced Engine Technologies)?

I was there about seven years ago and they were working on the project. Two years later it looked like the lights were all turned off.

This is the last report I have:

Business Summaryhttp://www.ox2engine.com/.Advanced Engine Technologies, Inc. develops and commercializes the OX2 internal combustion engine. The Company acquired the worldwide rights for the OX2 engine pursuant to a four-party agreement among the Company, OX2 LTD, OX2 Intellectual Property Inc. and Advanced Engine Technology PTY Ltd., which became effective in May 1999. The Company also assumed responsibility for worldwide maintenance and for future research and development on the OX2 engine. As of June 30, 2004, the Company's operations consisted of engineering, testing, marketing and development of the OX2 combustion engine for commercial applications and raising any necessary capital investments. Management does not expect to generate significant sales revenue during the fiscal year ending June 30, 2005. Accordingly, planned principal operations have not commenced.

Investor Contact Office Phone Fax

John Luft 11150 W. Olympic Bivd.

Los Angeles, CA 90064 310-914-9599 310-914-1874

Carroll Shelby is listed as President, Director.

AET is still running strong here in SoCal. How much further they've gotten since 2005 I don't have any idea on. I'm pretty sure they send reports out to the stockholders at least annually.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Archived