TEAM SHELBY FORUM

start after stall

Torched10

Twice in the last month,after stalling the car (today because someone cut me off and I hit the brakes hard,stalling the car), i had a hardtme starting it.Today was tricky since i was on a busy 2 lane at rush hour,and couldnt find the flashers.After about 2 minutes of fooling with the car,it started finally.I looked in the manual and it says you need to set the brake,but i just tried with and w/o the brake and it started.It starts in gear and in neutral.Am i mssing something.Pleas be gentle with me,but i woild like to know if Im doing something wrong--thanks

Twice in the last month,after stalling the car (today because someone cut me off and I hit the brakes hard,stalling the car), i had a hardtme starting it.Today was tricky since i was on a busy 2 lane at rush hour,and couldnt find the flashers.After about 2 minutes of fooling with the car,it started finally.I looked in the manual and it says you need to set the brake,but i just tried with and w/o the brake and it started.It starts in gear and in neutral.Am i mssing something.Pleas be gentle with me,but i woild like to know if Im doing something wrong--thanks

I experienced something similar with mine at first (without the "stalling" part).......................system had power but no crank and no spark.......

I discovered that in my haste to get moving or when slightly preoccupied, I was not pushing the clutch pedal ALL the way to the floor; problem solved. Hopefully yours is that simple, too.

You have to FLOOR the clutch. Not the normal "push the clutch in". I literally have to have it on the floor. The interlock is that far in.

Guys thanks so much>I think in my anxiety to get going i probably didnt push it ALL the way in.Hopefully ill rmemebr next time

Bob I bet it is the clutch pedal switch. If putting it to the floor does not fix the problem try to cycle the ignition, that is turn it all the way off then try to start. But I am 100% sure it is the clutch pedal not being pushed far enough.

Todd thanks alot.When i was stuck, i did turn it off,but thinking about it,Im used to my 65GTO which would try to start with the clutch in any position.

BTW i know you were looking for a ice curvy ride, the trees over next 2 weeks will turn in North Ga, you might consider a run up to Dahlonega, hop on rte 60 north of there,then take the Eisenhour tpke over towards Helen--some great secenery and turns.If you want a map PM me.Dont go on weekends,way too crowded.bob

Archived