TEAM SHELBY FORUM

6/32 When New?

09KR0058

Took the KR in to my dealer for an oil/filter change and tire rotation (side-to-side) yesterday. On the multi-point inspection report, they had flagged the rear tires with the yellow checkbox, which means something like "will need attention at some point later". The front tires are at 6/32" and the rears at 5/32". Since I have just over 9,000 miles on her, I was wondering about the tread depths when the tires were new. I did a search on "Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tire" and found a couple of sites that say that the tires only have 6/32" of tread when new! Is this right? And how low can you go before replacing them?

BTW, the fronts are P255/45/ZR18 Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar, and the rears are P285/40/ZR18 Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar

Took the KR in to my dealer for an oil/filter change and tire rotation (side-to-side) yesterday. On the multi-point inspection report, they had flagged the rear tires with the yellow checkbox, which means something like "will need attention at some point later". The front tires are at 6/32" and the rears at 5/32". Since I have just over 9,000 miles on her, I was wondering about the tread depths when the tires were new. I did a search on "Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tire" and found a couple of sites that say that the tires only have 6/32" of tread when new! Is this right? And how low can you go before replacing them?

BTW, the fronts are P255/45/ZR18 Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar, and the rears are P285/40/ZR18 Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar

well tires are stock gt500 tires so you should have no issue replacing them. stop burning out, lol

I just turned 9,200 miles on my car this month. I replaced both back tires for $425.14 at Robins Ford in Costa Mesa. They also did the TSB re: clutch, and now the car feels brand new again....

The Goodyear tires don't last long on these cars....my front tires have another 7-8K miles left on them according to my service advisor