TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Check Engine Light w/ P0300 & P0303

Slabo

Well I was running the car fairly hard while seasoning my rotors today and the check engine light came on and stayed on. Pulled the codes and I had a random misfire (unable to determine cylinder) and a Cylinder #3 misfire. The big change resently was the installation of the TVS by SAI. I am running the Ford ProCal tune. Still have the orignial stock plugs with 5300 miles on the car. I didn't notice any other problems.

Ok, so I understand it can be a number of things but seems to be mostly ignition (plugs, coil, etc), fuel delivery (lean, pressure, volume, injector) and sometimes other things like a burned CAT, sensor, etc. Just want to get your thoughts as to what to do. I am thinking I could start by either changing the plugs or closing the gaps. Should I just go ahead and change to the NGK TR6s (#4177)? Would I use the .032 gap for this setup?

Also, I have the fuel pressure guage now so what pressure should it be reading with the stock fuel system?

Any other thoughts or ideas I should try?

Thx,

-- Bob

TVS and stock plugs?!?!?!

Yeah, change them to the TR6's and gap them at .032. Clear the codes and let er rip. I'd also change them every 3-5k miles.

Edit: I think my fuel pressure is around 30 off throttle and 40-46 at wide open throttle. I'm not positive though.

Thanks for the input. I was thinking of changing to the TR6's anyway but had read that it was still ok to run the stock plugs with the TVS and the Ford tune so I wasn't in a hurry. I will start with that and see how it goes. I am also experiencing a whistle from the TVS that might be a vaccum leak so that may be contributing as well (see my other thread in mods forum).

FWIW, I am still running the stock plugs with stock gap and have no issues/codes on a pullied TVS...

Double-check the fuel injector plug on the #3 cylinder, and make sure the injector body is seated properly, too, if you haven't already. Depending on the installer, they might have disturbed one or both.

FWIW, I am still running the stock plugs with stock gap and have no issues/codes on a pullied TVS...

Double-check the fuel injector plug on the #3 cylinder, and make sure the injector body is seated properly, too, if you haven't already. Depending on the installer, they might have disturbed one or both.

You are correct it was not the plugs. I chanced them today and beat on the car a bit this afternoon. Everything looked good then I was going to get some take out this evening and got on it just a bit to pass someone and the check engine light comes on. I hooked up the SCT and no codes. I was able to clear it. I crawled all over the TVS today checked every connection & bolt and it looks fine. I did just go put some fresh gas in it from another station from the one I have been using. Just thinking it could be bad gas. I will check the injector. I guess it could also be a coil? Anyone else have any ideas?

Archived