TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW: Lethal Performance Adjustable Motor Mounts

NEW: Lethal Performance 05-10 Mustang Adjustable Motor Mounts!

$149.95

http://www.lethalperformance.com/05-09-mus...-mounts-p-30158

LP-S197MM.jpg

Works on all 05-10 Mustang GT's, Shelby GT/GT-H and Shelby GT500's

-Adjustable (Stock Height or 1/2" Drop)

-Allows More Clearance for Aftermarket Superchagers

-Made in the USA

-Aircraft Grade Aluminum

-Easy to Install

-Complete with Hardware and Installation Instructions

The Lethal Performance motor mount was designed with one thing in mind. Adjust ability. The reason we chose that as a platform for our motor mounts is because we found that the standard size motor mount doesn't work for everyone. As an example the 07-10 GT500 customer that wants to run a larger twin screw supercharger under the stock hood needs more clearance than the stock height motor mounts offer. A mount with a 1/2" drop will however aid in allowing the customer to fit that blower or strut tower brace under the stock hood. That's why we decided to offer our engine mounts with an additional CNC machined spacer. The spacer allows the customer to decide which size mount they prefer to run. You can run the mount so that the engine sits at the stock height or use the additional spacer and hardware we supply which allows the mount to be lowered by 1/2". These are a direct replacement for your stock mounts and bolt right in.

Made in the USA with high quality aircraft grade 7075 & 2040 aluminum and custom poured polyurethane.

NOTE: Depending on what type and size longtube headers you're running lowering the engine by 1/2" may cause interference issues with the header primary and the steering shaft. This has been seen on the GT500's that have a 5.4L motor running large header primaries. However we haven't confirmed that this is an issue on the 4.6L engine.

Jared,

Thanks for bringing this to the GT, GT-H Mod forum.

Can you clarify if this will lower enough for the Whipple 550 (or 500, 475 or Kenne Bell) equipped 4.6L to allow the re-installation of the FR strut tower brace? Also, are there issues with the steering shaft on the 4.6L? If this is viable, I'm in!

Dan

Once you change the motor mount, does this also begin to affect other things (besides exhaust) such as steering geometry, transmission, drive-shaft, rear-end? Has anyone installed this and had first hand experience?

Just asking...

Sam

AKA:

Once you change the motor mount, does this also begin to affect other things (besides exhaust) such as steering geometry, transmission, drive-shaft, rear-end? Has anyone installed this and had first hand experience?

Just asking...

Sam

AKA:

I looked into this. SAI would not do it for those reasons. With that said, some folks have put the K-member lowering kit on and motor mounts with no issues.

I looked into this. SAI would not do it for those reasons. With that said, some folks have put the K-member lowering kit on and motor mounts with no issues.

I think we may be better off letting Chip Beck "wave his magic wand"...

I'll wait.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived