TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lethal Performance 07-10 GT500 High Flow Catted X-Pipe

jared@lethal

Since releasing our 07-10 GT500 offroad X-pipe I've been contacted by many who either don't want a real loud sounding exhaust or live in states that require cats to be run. So I worked with my X-pipe manufacturer to make a high flow catted version of our current GT500 X-pipe.

Our GT500 high flow catted X-pipe is made of mandrel bent aluminized steel. The best part of this is that we're using a set of Magnaflow Short Center Spun Metallic Cats. If you guys aren't familiar with these cats they are without a doubt some of the highest quality and best performing cats on the market. They use a metallic substrate for maximum flow and enhanced durability. They're also 49 state legal. These cats retail for over $95.00/each so you'll be very happy with where we priced this new pipe at.

$399.95+ Shipping.

Here's a few pics of the pipe. I'll get some better ones tomorrow and follow up with a link to the product page so you guys can start placing orders.

PA070200.jpg

PA070202.jpg

PA070203.jpg

PA070201-1.jpg

59956.jpg

Jared,

Any ideal how the catted X pipe will sound compared to stock?....compared to the off road X pipe? When you installed the off road X pipe you were going to report back on drone....how do they sound on the interior of the car? I had the Bassani 3" racing system from the stock headers back on my 07 GT500 and did not like that at all...could not stand the interior vibration...don't want to go there again.

I guess that you are using the same material for the catted version that you use for the non-catted version...how should the aluminized steel hold up -- long term?

Scott

Yes the piping is aluminized steel. It will hold up very well in most places. I ran a similar aluminized pipe on my 03 Cobra for 4 years. It was in excellent shape when I took it off the car to put some LT's on. In states that get lots of snow and use heavy amounts of salt on the roads it will obviously wear quicker but that's if you drive in that type of weather.

For most us the aluminized steel will outlast how long you're probably going to own the car for.

Hope that helps.

Jared

Guessing that one state not included is CA?

Bingo.. Cali is definitely a bummer when it comes to emissions.

Jared,

Any ideal how the catted X pipe will sound compared to stock?....compared to the off road X pipe? When you installed the off road X pipe you were going to report back on drone....how do they sound on the interior of the car? I had the Bassani 3" racing system from the stock headers back on my 07 GT500 and did not like that at all...could not stand the interior vibration...don't want to go there again.

Not sure how our catted pipe will sound compared to the offroad version. Probably a big difference to the offroad setup as the offroad pipe is pretty aggressive with the stock KR style mufflers. I'm thinking the catted version will definitely be an improvement over the stock pipe but I'm going to have to hear it myself to say whether I like it or not. Unfortunately we have no plans on putting one on our car as we drop our new motor and the rest of the stuff in on Thursday. So you're probably just going to have to wait and hear someone elses soundclip if you want to hear it before purchasing it.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

Archived