TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front plate options

So Virginia requires a front plate on vehicles. I don't like getting pulled over 10 times a week, so I'll be needing a way to mount one, but don't like the ugly srews in the bumper approach.

I'm familiar with the show and go brackets, had one on my GT, but can't see it working well with the chin spoiler on this car.

What are you guys using for front plate mounting without drilling the bumper?

Thanks in advance!

I still think I want to try one of the Altec Show N Go brackets. I think with a plastic spacer to clear the bottom turned-down lip of the chin spoiler, it should clear it. I figure I can attach the bracket using one of the existing screws underneath, but I'm not too concerned with drilling a hole or 2 in the bottom of the black chin spoiler.

According to that other website, that version won't work on the GT500:

MUSTANG MODELS

All of my custom Mustang brackets that I have available will fit the 2005-2009 Ford Mustang Models listed.

Note: These brackets will not work with Mustangs that have a factory plastic lower grill insert that completely blocks access through the lower air dam (i.e. GT500, Saleen H302 or Parnelli Jones). Will work with cars having a billet aftermarket grill insert if insert is removed, bracket installed and grill reinstalled.

Mustang V-6

Mustang GT

Mustang GT/CS (California Special)

Shelby GT (Not GT500)

Saleen Mustang S281(All Models)

Roush Mustang (All Models)

Steeda Mustang

Bullitt Mustang

That one doesn't look easily removable. Plus, over time, that rubber pad is going to scuff up the paint/vinyl stripes.

I want a plate bracket that can be hidden for shows and when I just don't want the stupid front plate sitting there. It's more than not wanting the holes drilled in the front bumper, I actually don't want to see the plate on the front, even though we have a fancy theme plate with a personalized identification.

I haven't yet seen what I feel is a better option for not drilling holes and not having a plate always visible, than the Altec one. I would like to talk to someone that has gone with the Altec on their GT500, but haven't come across anyone yet.

I need to figure something out by next spring when the car comes out of hibernation.

So Virginia requires a front plate on vehicles. I don't like getting pulled over 10 times a week, so I'll be needing a way to mount one, but don't like the ugly srews in the bumper approach.

I'm familiar with the show and go brackets, had one on my GT, but can't see it working well with the chin spoiler on this car.

What are you guys using for front plate mounting without drilling the bumper?

Thanks in advance!

Have you actually been pulled over--the reason I ask is CO has a front plate law as well, and I've thought that if I was pulled over more than once I'll bite the bullet and mount the front plate, but so far in almost three years I haven't been hassled once about the front plate. One police officer told me he wouldn't put a front plate on a Shelby either!

I SECOND THIS ONE!!! I have it, and it's great...it is very well made!!!

I bought the one from Trailerbuilers too and have had no issues. I keep the tool in the car and can remove it very easy and this thing will last forever. Very well built!

I bought the one from Trailerbuilers too and have had no issues. I keep the tool in the car and can remove it very easy and this thing will last forever. Very well built!

Yep, same for me. I can't say that I actually "like" it because the front plates are ugly no matter who makes the bracket, but the trailerBuilders unit is a nice one.

Ordered the Trailer Rebuilders bracket today.

Thanks!

Very cool...let us know how you like it. It's a down and dirty setup, but it's buillt strong!

Also, I kept the thin paper cover on it...you will see it; keep it on, unless you want to see cleaner metal....just my 2 cents...

That one doesn't look easily removable. Plus, over time, that rubber pad is going to scuff up the paint/vinyl stripes.

I want a plate bracket that can be hidden for shows and when I just don't want the stupid front plate sitting there. It's more than not wanting the holes drilled in the front bumper, I actually don't want to see the plate on the front, even though we have a fancy theme plate with a personalized identification.

I haven't yet seen what I feel is a better option for not drilling holes and not having a plate always visible, than the Altec one. I would like to talk to someone that has gone with the Altec on their GT500, but haven't come across anyone yet.

I need to figure something out by next spring when the car comes out of hibernation.

It doesn't damage anything over time or scuff stripes. I've have in installed and am very happy with it.

Archived