TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clutch Drag TSB and time frame

bonefish

I am looking at 08 Convertible with an 07 build date. I spoke to the dealer about it and said I like it however the clutch drag TSB worries me as what happens when the warranty is up on the car. He said that if it is a TSB it does NOT matter if the warranty runs out that Ford WILL still cover it...is that true? Perhaps I am just dumb here..but, if that is the case then who cares....as long as Ford fixes it...

Can you dealers and those in the know please weigh in here for me???

Thanks for your help in advance!

If Ford really cared about building a quality product and standing behind it, they would stand behind somethiing like a TSB related clutch failure for the life of the car. But that is a dream world, and I am pretty sure that if your car is out of warranty, then TSB repairs are not covered, and you will be writing a big many thousand dollar check to fix it.

They know that they had a faulty design, yet, only if it fails under warranty, do they care....

So is the clutch drag TSB covered under the 3yr/36 or the powertrain warranty..which is ...I think what 5yr/50?

Thanks!

Nobody seems to know for sure. If mine goes between the 3rd and 5th year, and they don't cover it, a good automotive attorney will be involved and I won't care what it costs..... It is my opinion that the flywheel is what causes all the mayhem, and the flywheel is powertrain....

ALL 07 and up Ford have a 5yr 60K powertrain warranty. No need to look up the VIN.

I could look it up but I know someone can give me the TSB number again and Ill look at the part numbers and let you know for sure, but as of right now the FLYWHEEL is covered under the powertrain warranty. Well the flywheel is COVERED under the powertrain! What Im going to look up is if the TSP is a flywheel concern or clutch? Clutch is NOT covered, but the flywheel is!

PM me the number and Ill post the facts back here

MM

I have decided to move on from that car. I think I have a car I am going to buy...probably end of month. I am working things out as we speak and should know soon! Soon as I know for sure I'll post pics...then I'll post pics of me picking it up and the road trip to bring her home!

I have 28,000 miles on my GT500 and the clutch went out... the dealership is performing the TSB right now. I also had premature wear on the driver's seat...they are replacing the seat cover.... and they are replacing the headliner (convertible) as the top frame must have pinched it and tore the headliner. I am impressed with Ford...I've owned pretty much only Fords for 20 years and will continue to do so.... my wife still drives her 1999 EB Expeditio with 178,000 miles on it!!

FORD ROCKS!!!

Archived