TEAM SHELBY FORUM

looking for a super snake convertible

Galpin might have one SS for sale, but it's not a black convertible. It's an 07' coupe that I believe they were selling on consignment for the owner who supposedly needed to sell it immeadately after it was converted to a SS. And while I don't know if this is true or not, there was a rumor going around that the owner of that car was really a shill for Galpin, and he only bought and registered the car just long enough for SAI to convert it on his behalf.

Last I heard, they were asking $150,000 for it, but that was about a year and a half ago when the market was in much better shape than it is now.

All Super Snakes are post-title conversions, and dealers cannot ship a brand new, untitled GT500 over to SAI for conversion. The only way that a dealer will have a Super Snake in stock for sale is if a customer trades one in or asks the dealer to sell it on consignment for them (which very few, if any, dealers will do).

If you want to find out more about the car that I mentioned, you will need to advise whoever you are speaking with that the car is (was?) sitting in their "Galpin Collection" (their museum). 99% of the salesmen there won't know about the car unless you tell them where the car was/is being displayed.

Does your frind know what show on the Speed channel he saw the car on?

friend of mine saw something on speed channel he just saw the end of it about a black super snake convertible that a dealer in California has and is interested in it anyone know what dealer this mite be --thanks

If it is the show I am thinking of it was a repeat of an airing of Supercars Exposed that was actually taped and shown last year. It was a little misleading as the show description said it was a 725hp version when we all know SAI only does verts in the 605hp version. Keep watching Speed channel for repeats as they run quite a few. We love our red SS but the orange is definately an eye catcher.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...percars+exposed

FYI, the Super Snake episode of "Super Cars Exposed" will be reaired tonight at 10:00PM Pacific time.

All Super Snakes are post-title conversions, and dealers cannot ship a brand new, untitled GT500 over to SAI for conversion.

That's what I thought as well. However, I've found 2 different dealers who have sent their stock GT500s to SAI for SS conversion. Both are Grabber Orange verts :drool: . One was the 09 listed on ebay a few weeks ago in West Virginia. I spoke to the dealer, the car was never titled. SS'd in April of this year. The other is the 07 in Wisconsin listed on ebay right now. Both were showing as being in inventory as GT500s on DealerConection. I had questions on one of them so I called Quantum Performance in Dallas that did the SS conversion on the West Virginia car. I spoke to the owner of Quantum and he basically said that they do not verify whether or not the car has been titled. They get a request to SS, get $$ and do it. I also recall ebay listings for 3 SSs a couple of weeks ago, all at the same dealer, in Georgia or Florida, I believe. A white one, black one and vapor one. All 725hp coupes. If I recall correctly the ebay listings stated never titled. From what I've seen, it appears dealers can send a brand new, untitled GT500 over to SAI for conversion. Hope I'm not opening a can of worms here :unsure:

That's what I thought as well. However, I've found 2 different dealers who have sent their stock GT500s to SAI for SS conversion. Both are Grabber Orange verts :drool: . One was the 09 listed on ebay a few weeks ago in West Virginia. I spoke to the dealer, the car was never titled. SS'd in April of this year. The other is the 07 in Wisconsin listed on ebay right now. Both were showing as being in inventory as GT500s on DealerConection. I had questions on one of them so I called Quantum Performance in Dallas that did the SS conversion on the West Virginia car. I spoke to the owner of Quantum and he basically said that they do not verify whether or not the car has been titled. They get a request to SS, get $$ and do it. I also recall ebay listings for 3 SSs a couple of weeks ago, all at the same dealer, in Georgia or Florida, I believe. A white one, black one and vapor one. All 725hp coupes. If I recall correctly the ebay listings stated never titled. From what I've seen, it appears dealers can send a brand new, untitled GT500 over to SAI for conversion. Hope I'm not opening a can of worms here :unsure:

I don't know about this particular situation but in my experience in the past with some new cars we purchased a dealer could sell a new car as a "demo". In order to legally do this it had to have a title (usually in the dealers name) on it. There is nothing underhanded about this as the manufacturer and dealer will honor all warranties and such from date of sale as if it were brand new, even though it may or may not have quite a few miles on it. I know some dealers sell what they are calling demos that were actually just used by sales people or something and they are just a new car with a lot of miles on them and no previous title just a high mileage new car and not a demo. Then from our state's point of view when buying plates a demo was considered a used car as it was previously titled.

Prior to any vehicle entering production we must have proof of ownership; title or registration. No vehicle is converted without this documentation. We utilize a check off sheet and the first item on the list is title or registration. We have held vehicles for months in cases where the vehicles were received without title or ownership information.

Regarding the 3 vehicles in California, they were brokered by a dealer for investors located in Germany. All were held until title or proof of ownership was received. Due to the nature of being new and shipped to our facility they had less than 50 miles on each.

Due to various regulations all conversions must be post title. I'm sure some will and have figured a way around the system.

Roger

I looked at the grabber orange car in Wisconsin, it is 20 minutes away from my home. The owner purchased it and left it at the dealership until he shipped it to Vegas and it returned to the dealership where it sits. He has a 07 Grabber Orange SS and a 08 Grabber Orange SS coupe, either one is for sale.

Archived