TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Performance of ford GT

sankar11

Performance:

* 0–60 mph (0–96 km/h): 3.3 seconds

* 0–100 mph (0–160 km/h): 7.4 seconds

* Standing 1/4 mile: 11.2 seconds @ 131.2 mph (211.1 km/h)

* Top speed: 205 mph (electronically limited)

This is the fastest car i have EVER owned

ben10 games

corbels

This is the fastest car i have EVER owned.

I wish ... I was 6" shorter .... I would own one than !!!!!

Sell the house .. sell the wife .... and have a GT in the garage ...

( red of course ) :yahoo:

I wish ... I was 6" shorter .... I would own one than !!!!!

Sell the house .. sell the wife .... and have a GT in the garage ...

( red of course ) :yahoo:

I am 6' 5" and i fit in the 05 Ford GT just fine, big feet and all.

This is the fastest car i have EVER owned.

Only the Enzo is the fastest production car, which is a one million dollar car. The Ford gt is the best of the best for what you get for the dollar, and you have the fastest color. The car was design for football and basketball players to fit in comfortably, which is why is has more room than any other exotic.The car is 4 inches taller than the GT 40, Maybe they should have called it the Ford GT44! :hysterical:

The Ferrari and Porsche both require an upshift before 60 mph, but the Ford gt does not, which gives it a huge sprint time advantage. One thing that I liked was no supercharger whine. Also, can you believe how well it hooks up and feeling those G'S on ya. the double- wishbone suspension plays a huge part there. Another thing that most people don't know is the GT is actually faster than the 1966 GT40 that screamed down the Mulsanne straight at Le Mans and finished first,second,and third ahead of Ferrari and Porsche. In 1967 with the SHELBY MK4 driven by Dan Gurney and A.J.Foyt won LeMans again ahead of two Ferraris. I could go in forever talking about this car but I think I said enough. Have fun MACH I, you have a one awesome car. :banvictory:

GT 0067

Only the Enzo is the fastest production car, which is a one million dollar car. The Ford gt is the best of the best for what you get for the dollar, and you have the fastest color. The car was design for football and basketball players to fit in comfortably, which is why is has more room than any other exotic.The car is 4 inches taller than the GT 40, Maybe they should have called it the Ford GT44! :hysterical:

The Ferrari and Porsche both require an upshift before 60 mph, but the Ford gt does not, which gives it a huge sprint time advantage. One thing that I liked was no supercharger whine. Also, can you believe how well it hooks up and feeling those G'S on ya. the double- wishbone suspension plays a huge part there. Another thing that most people don't know is the GT is actually faster than the 1966 GT40 that screamed down the Mulsanne straight at Le Mans and finished first,second,and third ahead of Ferrari and Porsche. In 1967 with the SHELBY MK4 driven by Dan Gurney and A.J.Foyt won LeMans again ahead of two Ferraris. I could go in forever talking about this car but I think I said enough. Have fun MACH I, you have a one awesome car. :banvictory:

GT 0067

Anyone want to trade for a wife and a GT500? :hysterical:

Has anyone done any tuning on thier GT other than the twin turbo guy?

Just currious how much a tune adds? I would settle for a ride in one!

Anyone want to trade for a wife and a GT500? :hysterical:

Has anyone done any tuning on thier GT other than the twin turbo guy?

Just currious how much a tune adds? I would settle for a ride in one!

Just like the GT500 ..... the tunes that these cars come with are mild from Ford. With a pulley/CAI and tune .... u can really jump the HP up.

Working for a dealer I was able to drive this car ... granted not at race speed .... but what a car.

As others have given this car accolades ..... This is probalby the finest car Ford has put out. This car from concept to actual production only took a few years. Thats incredible ... than you drive the finished product .... and see how great a job Ford did .... WoW ...... now u can see why the car is so popular

Hi Don,

What I found more amazing about Ford GT concept to production is what Henry Ford did in 1962. He went over to Europe to buy Ferrari, and Enzo told him where he could stick it. He cam back to the US and called all his people together and told them he was going to stick it to Enzo. His people said it was not possible because Ferrari had 20 years of dominating European racing. Henry said just do it. The rest is Automotive history in just three short years.

Are you going to Silver Springs this year? I can't wait till the HPOTF Show.

Hi Don,

What I found more amazing about Ford GT concept to production is what Henry Ford did in 1962. He went over to Europe to buy Ferrari, and Enzo told him where he could stick it. He cam back to the US and called all his people together and told them he was going to stick it to Enzo. His people said it was not possible because Ferrari had 20 years of dominating European racing. Henry said just do it. The rest is Automotive history in just three short years.

Are you going to Silver Springs this year? I can't wait till the HPOTF Show.

I watched the show Biography the other day on Enzo Ferrari. Cool stuff talking about the Ford deal and how Ford slapped Ferrari with the GT40.

The interview with Shelby was great. I loved it when Carroll said " Yah, ol Enzo didn't like us going over there and beating him. Guess I wouldn't like it ether if he came here and beat us".

GT 0067

What about the GT 40 # 1075 it won back to back 24 hr LeMans in 1968 and 1969. All together, that GT 40 had racked up over 23000 racing miles .Never has been done since .

I watched the show Biography the other day on Enzo Ferrari. Cool stuff talking about the Ford deal and how Ford slapped Ferrari with the GT40.

The interview with Shelby was great. I loved it when Carroll said " Yah, ol Enzo didn't like us going over there and beating him. Guess I wouldn't like it ether if he came here and beat us".

[/quote

I missed the show....I thought it was on Sunday the 17th. :finger::banghead: I won't miss seeing the GT 40 kick butt this Wednesday the 28th at 8 PM. :happy feet:

We both left out the Bugatti Veyron, but the Ford GT is the best bang for the bucks.

LOL, I"m such an idiot, I forgot that car!! :banghead:

And your right. It is THE BEST bang for the buck Supercar EVER made. I have one at my dealership on the floor right now, for sale. I tell anyone who comes in to oogle it, that its the best Supercar for the money!

My hat's off to the team that made this car happen . I am sure the 100 year birthday played a hugh part. To think this car is faster than the 67 GT MK , with ac and all. Sorry no stupid cup holders . To think they had decided to build the 49 concept car and in the final moments some real car guys came to the rescue . Thanks Bill Ford and all the talented employee's of the FORD MOTOR CO.

Mike

The members of the FordGT Forum just finished Rally IV in Texas. We ran Texas World Speedway on Wednesday and the Texas Mile on Thursday. Temp was 96 with 95 humidity and tarmac temp of 150. Minimum runs were 160 mph in totally stock cars with the twin turbo guys running up to 217 mph. This was quite the event and well attended. Some members continued to run on the weekend at even higher speeds (better weather).

• 2 weeks later...

The Ford GT is truly a special car and is a legend. While Zonda and CCX may be faster, they are each twice the price at least and don't have the history the FGT has. To me the FGT is a more desireable car regardless of price and has the right stuff to be a collectible in years to come.

Stock the FGT is 550hp. With a Heffner tune, and exhaust, K&N air filter you will get an extra 50hp. This is as far as I went with it. It is a noticeable but not huge increase from stock, which is stupid fast to begin with.

Put in a smaller pully you are now 650hp.

Whipple it you are at 750 hp.

TT you are at 1100 hp.

FORD set out to win Le mans and did it in 66 & 67 then JW did it in 68 & 69 the SAME fricking CAR # 1075. That says how advanced the total design was @ the time . Ford got the whole company + Europe operation in the game to produce a work of art . Some 40 years later they did it again and over in Europe it's winning in GT3. Matter of fact it won the 08 championship in GT3 ( matech ) .

• 2 weeks later...
I saw the Doran GT-R's run at Sebring last Spring in the ALMS GT2 class. They actually did pretty well, but as far as looks and sounds... WOW... Ferrari ain't got nothing on these bad boys!

GT-RTurn17_low.jpg

GT-R005_low.jpg

and of course, you can't forget the classics

Historics_low.jpg

That same car was on the pole @ Atlanta Petit Le Mans in Oct 09 . Robertson Racing is the team and they have NO factory backing like the Corvettes . But they still set the fastest lap .

• 7 months later...

GT 0067

no, please, continue.

i love this stuff

• 3 months later...
Historics_low.jpg

My wife hates the Cobra and won't ride in it any more. Too much of an uncivilized beast.

So... It is coming down to a choice between a FGT (has the lead) and the Shelby CSX9000 coupe -- essetially swapping the uncivilized beast for a civilized beast.

These cars have "creature comforts" - primarily air conditioning and regular 3-point seat belts (although harnesses can be easily installed and swapped depending on usage). I don't know about the foot box on the Coupe - it may have the heat problems that the Cobra has - big engine and meaningless firewall insulation, but this is the issue - to her the Coupe is just a hard-topped Cobra and is why the FGT has the current lead.

If anyone wants to buy either of the cars in the picture at the left PM me...

Archived