TEAM SHELBY FORUM

hose clamps and issues with coolant leakage

1badsho

I havent had any issues "yet" with my car on coolant leakage but would like to know from those who have what hoses in particular are a concern and which clamps should be replaced with the scew type.

Has anyone taking a picture of the there engine compartment with the changes ????

dond

I was wondering which ones also, some look like a real bear to get to. I would like to change them without pulling the hoses.

Same here SCGT500 .... maybe we CAN both get someone who has had "issues" and take a few digitals and point out which hose clamps need to be replaced as a preventive thing !

dond

I`am for that . Seems that the surface that the hoses are on have no lip by the sounds of one report so the spring clamps being used will not hold. Hopefully someone will let us know which ones need to be changed

All 3 to the left.

I`am for that . Seems that the surface that the hoses are on have no lip by the sounds of one report so the spring clamps being used will not hold. Hopefully someone will let us know which ones need to be changed

All 3 to the left.post-7639-1166669787_thumb.jpg

post-7639-1166669787_thumb.jpg

:banghead: I guess that means I cant just cut the factory off and install new clamps. :banghead:

Yes you can. try that first. Just as long as you don,t mine having 2 dif types of clamps on your ride. Thats why I cleaned and replaced with org parts. worm gear clamps are a stronger type of clamp. [just dont strip it] Or you could buy all new clamps and make a day of it. :hysterical:

If this is a problem, how come Ford is not fixing it in the Factory for Job 2. This bothers me.

I don't know. Mine was wet on the ride home , O and did I tell ya I had a nail in my rt rear with 8 mi on her, nice ride home any way.

I don't know. Mine was wet on the ride home , O and did I tell ya I had a nail in my rt rear with 8 mi on her, nice ride home any way.

You might try to get a road hazard warranty from Goodyear on your tires. don't know if anyone has tried this yet on a shelby, but the last time I bought a ford suv with goodyear tires as original tires, my local goodyear guy said I could have come down and bought the warranty from him. Once I get mine, I will try to do this and post the results, unless someone else tries first and lets us know.

thanks for the clamp insight; sucks that we have to fix it and not ford, but better to just get it done.

You might try to get a road hazard warranty from Goodyear on your tires. don't know if anyone has tried this yet on a shelby, but the last time I bought a ford suv with goodyear tires as original tires, my local goodyear guy said I could have come down and bought the warranty from him. Once I get mine, I will try to do this and post the results, unless someone else tries first and lets us know.

thanks for the clamp insight; sucks that we have to fix it and not ford, but better to just get it done.

Im sure thay would fix but, spend the day at the dealership watching deppity dip sh-t fingerprint my car N F W! :headspin: As far as the tires, there 50% gone anyhooo.A new set in march [40th pk] :happy feet: post-7639-1166678398_thumb.jpg

post-7639-1166678398_thumb.jpg

This reminds me an earlier post in the beginning of production. In some of the earlier cars, there were reports of the upper radiator hose rubbing against the power steering belt when the engine was creating heavy torque. People might want to check the back side of this hose as well as the clamps. So far mine isn't leaking or showing any wear from the power steering belt.

Archived