TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Center dash gauges installed

Has anyone else done this? This is a super easy install and it looks great I think, the only real hassle is the wiring. I put in some cheapo gauges to start off with, I haven't got around to check but I'm thinking one of those scan gauge deals would look kool in there and serve a good purpose giving you data on almost all functions in your vehicle. I've got one in the 04 Crown Vic cop car and I really like it but it's rectangle in shape so it won't fit. I think they do make them in the round gauge version I'll have to check it out.

The vent gauge pod itself is cheap........around $30 and fit 2 1/16 gauges. If you have 2 inch gauges one wrap of electrical tape will give you a snug fit. The wiring was the only hassle, I used a sandwich oil block that I had laying around for the sending unit, no leaks so far. The temp gauge I haven't hooked up yet because I still want to check out what's out there for round scan gauges, with that alls you have to do is plug it in to your computer port and run your wire to the gauge........there done!

gauge1.jpg

I too have the same setup. Left side is the Boost and the Right side is the Digital Wideband. The Green Engine Start works. Mine was done May 2008.

Congrats on the setup.

2009New2005MustangGTPaintJob_020.jpg

Tom

Has anyone else done this? This is a super easy install and it looks great I think, the only real hassle is the wiring. I put in some cheapo gauges to start off with, I haven't got around to check but I'm thinking one of those scan gauge deals would look kool in there and serve a good purpose giving you data on almost all functions in your vehicle. I've got one in the 04 Crown Vic cop car and I really like it but it's rectangle in shape so it won't fit. I think they do make them in the round gauge version I'll have to check it out.

The vent gauge pod itself is cheap........around $30 and fit 2 1/16 gauges. If you have 2 inch gauges one wrap of electrical tape will give you a snug fit. The wiring was the only hassle, I used a sandwich oil block that I had laying around for the sending unit, no leaks so far. The temp gauge I haven't hooked up yet because I still want to check out what's out there for round scan gauges, with that alls you have to do is plug it in to your computer port and run your wire to the gauge........there done!

gauge1.jpg

Very Cool...Where did you find the "eject" button?????

Very Cool...Where did you find the "eject" button?????

EBAY!

gauge1.jpg

This is the gauge setup I'd like to go with; however, I do have a question. Can the air flow still be adjusted, closed, and redirected? This is a must for me to go with this option. Thank you !!

This is the gauge setup I'd like to go with; however, I do have a question. Can the air flow still be adjusted, closed, and redirected? This is a must for me to go with this option. Thank you !!

Ah man....I found the answer to my question on the other thread :( The answer is no....

Ah man....I found the answer to my question on the other thread :( The answer is no....

The airflow still comes thru fine,it just can't be adjusted.

And I did find those round scan gauges on e-bay, they run 350.00 and have a bazillion functions, I'll have to add that to the X-mas list.

Archived