TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Differing opinion on Borla exhaust. Thoughts on this...

GT500WDE

A buddy of mine is saying NO to the Borla Axke-Back and strongly recommending the following. Thoughts???

"Bassani all the way with the x-pipe and throw on the magnaflow cat back system"

He thinks "Borla is overrated. Its like the bose of exhaust"

I had Bassani on my Lightning. I thought it was the best sounding exhaust for the lightning.

But do they even make a Bassani for the 2010GT500?

Well I have Bose system and it is the best I have heard. And I have had several.

All I am going to do is drop the stock cans and put in some Flowmasters 40 series delta flow. I put these on my Lightning and loved them.

I am in an area where I have to emission test for my tag so I am not going to get to carried away.

I had Bassani on my Lightning. I thought it was the best sounding exhaust for the lightning.

But do they even make a Bassani for the 2010GT500?

I can't comment on the Bassani exhaust because I've never heard it on the GT500, but I am a big Borla fan. One of the first things I bought and installed!

Well I have Bose system and it is the best I have heard. And I have had several.

All I am going to do is drop the stock cans and put in some Flowmasters 40 series delta flow. I put these on my Lightning and loved them.

I am in an area where I have to emission test for my tag so I am not going to get to carried away.

Todd ive had the 40s and to me they were really loud.have 50s on one of my cars and they are fine.Have you ever ridden behind your Shelby to see how they sound.I have,and to me they were great,so Im staying with what ive got.

Todd ive had the 40s and to me they were really loud.have 50s on one of my cars and they are fine.Have you ever ridden behind your Shelby to see how they sound.I have,and to me they were great,so Im staying with what ive got.

That is why I like the 40's. Besides you would laugh at me driving. I know I have the power to do what ever, so I just enjoy crusing. I have yet to break 110mph lol. I want an aggressive idle and strong tone off the line that is why I am going back with the 40's. And I know there will be zero drone with the delta flows.

A buddy of mine is saying NO to the Borla Axke-Back and strongly recommending the following. Thoughts???

"Bassani all the way with the x-pipe and throw on the magnaflow cat back system"

The Borlas that came with the 40th were to quiet, I bought Ford Racing "KR" axle backs. They sound great.

I am still within the first week of owning my 2010 and I have yet to turn on the radio. That is because of how impressed I am with the way the car sounds. I drive everywhere with the windows down. I believe that it really is the perfect setup to where the car definitely turns heads but is refined enough to not seem obnoxious. Any kid with a cheap Camaro can throw an X-pipe on their car and rev it up around town, but people hear this car and know that its way more than some knock-off. It really is impressive, even to people who do not know the slightest about cars in the same way that you are impressed by the sound of a Aston Martin V12 or an F430.

Have someone sit in your car and rev it to 4500 rpm and you might consider looking at other possible upgrades before replacing your exhaust.

-Josh

First off, the x-pipe is part of a 'cat back' system. Bassani, Borla, Magnaflow - they're all great, if you buy the right 'style' of muffler.

You want the oval looking muffler, which has the least restriction and acts as a resonator, as opposed to the rectangular, baffled style that each brand manufacturers as well. Any of the oval 'race style' mufflers by any of these brands will make a huge difference in the way your car sounds.

IMO, Magnaflows are the nastiest (best) for sound, but the Borla/FRPP Stingers and the KR's are great, as are the Bassani race mufflers. Good luck

Ken

Unless I am mistaken... Borla made theFord Racing "KR" axle backs.

Yup. Borla makes every FRPP muffler as far as I know. But Borla builds all sorts of different mufflers - the style on the 40th edition is different and quieter than the style on the KR.

Ken

That is why I like the 40's. Besides you would laugh at me driving. I know I have the power to do what ever, so I just enjoy crusing. I have yet to break 110mph lol. I want an aggressive idle and strong tone off the line that is why I am going back with the 40's. And I know there will be zero drone with the delta flows.

When youve got them on lets get together--PM when you want to meet

Archived