TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HID Fog Lights-Oh Yea!

pmorritt

HIDGuy.net is where I got them. Well, Its 5pm and all done. 4 hours-lights are kinna plug -n-play but--getting the chin off was fun-3000 screws. :censored: Didn't need to take off the center cover-plenty of room. Next was the wire tap-easy enuf. Then electrical tape on the oem socket-just to make sure. Next--where to mount the ballast-mine had 2 per side -larger-credit card and smaller one. Ok-left side done. Right side should go on just like the left-but-Nooo :censored: . On the right side there is the resevoir for the washer fluid-really big muther. . Mounted the ballast-big one to the rear bolt holding the resevoir, wire tap-electrical tape-----. Done! Not really. Remounting the spoiler-some of the screw sockets try to move around and ya gotta center them-. In reality-pretty straight foward and easy. If I were to do it again-really don't need to remove the spoiler-there is enuf room to do it-especially it she was on a lift. But, lying on my back-many head rushes :baby: -was easier with it off. I am really pleased with finished product. Think the beast looks even meaner than before-not to mention the difference in Light. I went the 3k unit which is a white/yellow beam. Yellow is the best color to cut fog-which there is in abundance of up here in the Bay Area. My HID oem headlights work just fine for me. Btw--used Rhino Ramps+a 1" block just before going up-no problem-nothing hit. Here'z some pics.

post-13312-1254844527_thumb.jpg

post-13312-1254844602_thumb.jpg

post-13312-1254844527_thumb.jpg

post-13312-1254844602_thumb.jpg

HIDGuy.net is where I got them. Well, Its 5pm and all done. 4 hours-lights are kinna plug -n-play but--getting the chin off was fun-3000 screws. :censored: Didn't need to take off the center cover-plenty of room. Next was the wire tap-easy enuf. Then electrical tape on the oem socket-just to make sure. Next--where to mount the ballast-mine had 2 per side -larger-credit card and smaller one. Ok-left side done. Right side should go on just like the left-but-Nooo :censored: . On the right side there is the resevoir for the washer fluid-really big muther. . Mounted the ballast-big one to the rear bolt holding the resevoir, wire tap-electrical tape-----. Done! Not really. Remounting the spoiler-some of the screw sockets try to move around and ya gotta center them-. In reality-pretty straight foward and easy. If I were to do it again-really don't need to remove the spoiler-there is enuf room to do it-especially it she was on a lift. But, lying on my back-many head rushes :baby: -was easier with it off. I am really pleased with finished product. Think the beast looks even meaner than before-not to mention the difference in Light. I went the 3k unit which is a white/yellow beam. Yellow is the best color to cut fog-which there is in abundance of up here in the Bay Area. My HID oem headlights work just fine for me. Btw--used Rhino Ramps+a 1" block just before going up-no problem-nothing hit. Here'z some pics.

So did you have to take the bumper off or just the spoiler? Also which kit did you get from the site. I have my headlights done and need to do the fogs. Looks good.

So did you have to take the bumper off or just the spoiler? Also which kit did you get from the site. I have my headlights done and need to do the fogs. Looks good.

Absolutely not- on the bumper. Just raise up car, and remove the chin spoiler-on the 2008-many bolts-but easy enuf. I understand the 2010 has half the amount of bolts-same process. After removing the chin u will free up the panel in the middle that covers lower radiator-no need to remove it-plenty of room. Actually, if it was on a real lift there is enuf room to work w/o removing anything. Most time consumed deciding where to mount ballast and tuck wire away. I live in the SF Bay Area and we get mucho fog. A yellowish beam is best for cutting the fog so I got the 3000Kelvin unit that emits a wht/yellow light. As you can see-though not a night shot-really nice!

Wow. Those are bright for 3k. Can you provide us a link to the fog Hids and the hids for the headlights? Im thinking about going replacing mine soon but I dont have a lift.

+1! And I think it would be neat to find blue ones so all the lights match :)

And FYI too - if you remove the splash guard underneath the car that connects to the chin spoiler (seven screws I think), you are left with the two screws that hold the bumper down (right next to the head lights on the top), and two bolts on each side behind the headlights (all that hold the bumper on).

I was actually amazed at how easy our bumpers were to take off!! :doh:

+1! And I think it would be neat to find blue ones so all the lights match :)

And FYI too - if you remove the splash guard underneath the car that connects to the chin spoiler (seven screws I think), you are left with the two screws that hold the bumper down (right next to the head lights on the top), and two bolts on each side behind the headlights (all that hold the bumper on).

I was actually amazed at how easy our bumpers were to take off!! :doh:

Like I said-you don't need a lift and don't need to remove bumper skin. If u just use ramps like I did-Just the chin spoiler. Here is the site

http://www.venomousstangz.net/index.php?ma...products_id=148

Archived