TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Upgrading the blower

Guys,

I was wondering about the Ford supercharger upgrade attached:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...tKeyField=11288

What brand is this and is this what they use on the Supersnake? If this is a 2.3L, what is on the stock 2010? Also, don't you get similar horsepower by just going to a smaller pully on the stock SC?

Notice how part of the package is ditching the superchager muffler.

Guys,

I was wondering about the Ford supercharger upgrade attached:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...tKeyField=11288

What brand is this and is this what they use on the Supersnake? If this is a 2.3L, what is on the stock 2010? Also, don't you get similar horsepower by just going to a smaller pully on the stock SC?

Notice how part of the package is ditching the superchager muffler.

The kit that FRPP sells is the 2.9L Whipple. It's what's used for the 700hp package on the Supersnake. The standard 630hp option still uses the Eaton TVS. As far as going with a smaller pulley you won't get the same gains as what the Whipple or TVS makes. The upgraded supercharger will also give you a lot more room to grow than the stock blower offers.

If you have any questions regarding a new Whipple supercharger package please feel free to give us a call. We've got several packages rated at different hp levels to meet your specific needs.

We look forward to assisting you.

Thanks, Jared

The stock blower on the 2010 is an Eaton 2.1L roots-type. On the Super Snake, they use a Kenne Bell 2.8H with the Mammoth inlet.

Justin,

A few things changed for the 2010 Supersnake. The TVS is still standard. However they now offer a 700hp package that comes with the 2.9L Whipple. Then they offer a 750hp package with a 3.4L Whipple and a 750hp package with the KB 2.8L.

Hope that helps.

Jared

The kit that FRPP sells is the 2.9L Whipple. It's what's used for the 700hp package on the Supersnake. The standard 630hp option still uses the Eaton TVS. As far as going with a smaller pulley you won't get the same gains as what the Whipple or TVS makes. The upgraded supercharger will also give you a lot more room to grow than the stock blower offers.

If you have any questions regarding a new Whipple supercharger package please feel free to give us a call. We've got several packages rated at different hp levels to meet your specific needs.

We look forward to assisting you.

Thanks, Jared

Justin,

A few things changed for the 2010 Supersnake. The TVS is still standard. However they now offer a 700hp package that comes with the 2.9L Whipple. Then they offer a 750hp package with a 3.4L Whipple and a 750hp package with the KB 2.8L.

Hope that helps.

Jared

Jared, get ready cuz my next mod is gonna be the Whipple 2.9L Polished. I will be calling you up about it before too long. And in the mean time, I need my brakes... :drool: Thanks for everything bro.

Archived