TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Edmonds.com says GT500s have bad air filter installed?

jcthorne

There are currently 10 TSB's that are listed for under the VIN number that was given to me to search. Its important to note though that they are not just for the GT500, but for other Mustang variants as well as several other vehicles. I can post all the TSB's here if your interested. Let me know.

Here you go........hope this helps. Each one of these has a link to the problem and the fix from Ford, although I can only list it for you. I cant give you access. Let me know if you need specifics.

Technical Service Bulletins

Great info...thank you. Some of them seem innocuous or don't apply to my vehicle (no nav system and not a vert). The one that could be interesting is the 8.8" rear axle issue...maybe you can post more specifics on that one.

I don't see anything here about coolant leaks. That seems a bit odd given some of the issues we've seen. Also we don't see anything on an emergency brake cable. The saga continues.

Dave

Great info...thank you. Some of them seem innocuous or don't apply to my vehicle (no nav system and not a vert). The one that could be interesting is the 8.8" rear axle issue...maybe you can post more specifics on that one.

I don't see anything here about coolant leaks. That seems a bit odd given some of the issues we've seen. Also we don't see anything on an emergency brake cable. The saga continues.

Dave

I dont think TSB's are an "immediate" occurance. Several vehicles have to be effected and then Ford sends service reps out to take a look and document the findings. That info is then put together to see if there is a "trend" showing a problem. Then the corrective action as well as how to do the fix are published to a TSB format that a dealer can reference. In some cases, finding a "warrantable" fix can take a great deal of time and thats why you dont see it listed right away. Ford has to make sure that the "fix" actually fixes the problem for the life of the car.

I dont think TSB's are an "immediate" occurance. Several vehicles have to be effected and then Ford sends service reps out to take a look and document the findings. That info is then put together to see if there is a "trend" showing a problem. Then the corrective action as well as how to do the fix are published to a TSB format that a dealer can reference. In some cases, finding a "warrantable" fix can take a great deal of time and thats why you dont see it listed right away. Ford has to make sure that the "fix" actually fixes the problem for the life of the car.

Does Ford mail letters to all owners affected. I have had a few over the years. Are they pretty good about keeping track of it?

Does Ford mail letters to all owners affected. I have had a few over the years. Are they pretty good about keeping track of it?

Ford doesnt mail letters. TSB's are there for techs to look at in case a problem is brought to the attention of the dealer from the customer. The tech then looks to see if there is a TSB that corresponds to the problem being mentioned. If so, there is already a corrective action from Ford. If not, the tech then goes about a normal diagnosis of a problem. Now in the case of a Recall, then yes, you would get a letter.

..only for those who pay adm.. :hysterical:

Letters only go out for recalls, TSBs are more of a guide for when problems show up on a customer's car, lets them come up with a fix more quickly. Also useful for owners to know about all of the TSBs, so they know what to look for on their car, and it also keeps a dealer from screwing around with them when something does need to be fixed. e g a local ford dealer wanted to put new clutch packs in my wife's freestyle, but I knew about a TSB for that problem, and they ended up with only putting in a new control solonoid, as specified in the TSB

Archived