TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Edmonds.com says GT500s have bad air filter installed?

jcthorne

Go read this article published this evening:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Featu...rticleId=118839

According to them, the filter installed in most all 3500 GT500s built to date are defective and need to be replaced. And are causing 16 ot 20 HP loss. Anyone have any further info or how to tell? Can I just go buy the correct filter?

Go read this article published this evening:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Featu...rticleId=118839

According to them, the filter installed in most all 3500 GT500s built to date are defective and need to be replaced. And are causing 16 ot 20 HP loss. Anyone have any further info or how to tell? Can I just go buy the correct filter?

I'm not expert, but 16 horse isn't going to account for more than half a second in the quarter mile????

my 98 cobra totally bone stock would do high 13's.......and only 300 horse????

and from what i've heard the 12.8 is a bad run as well..........maybe driver???

I'm glad I have my car now, so I don't really care what is said about it....I love it.

Add one more "s" :hysterical2:

That made me blow milk out of my nose.

You just went down the wrong road with that one, Spell Check Boy. Now I'm going to take away that little blue spell checker ......

At first read, I though you typed "little blue pill".

Ive got a fix! Just add a JLT CAI and tune from Evolution Performance! Fixes the problem right away and adds HP too!!

I will be leaving mine stock, and get the feel for the car to begin with. Our GT/CS is a powerfull car with 300 ponys, so 200 more on the new GT500 will take some getting use to.

I will be leaving mine stock, and get the feel for the car to begin with. Our GT/CS is a powerfull car with 300 ponys, so 200 more on the new GT500 will take some getting use to.

I had a Procharged '06 GT before this one. It put 450 to the tires, so Im looking for MAS HORSEPOWER!! Especially since this ones heavier.

My wife has a 07 GT/CS and I thought the power was rather disappointing.... I expected a 300 hp car to run alot harder than that (could be the drive-by wire issue) Since I got my GT500 I have been hungry for more power and just can't seem to get enough out of it.

My wife has a 07 GT/CS and I thought the power was rather disappointing.... I expected a 300 hp car to run alot harder than that (could be the drive-by wire issue) Since I got my GT500 I have been hungry for more power and just can't seem to get enough out of it.

Ill have a slightly used JLT available as soon as the KB 2.8H gets released if anyone wants it!

Ill have a slightly used JLT available as soon as the KB 2.8H gets released if anyone wants it!

Yes, I would be interested, That is the only mod I was planning, plus the tune. You can PM me or just post the info. When will your KB arrive, would love to do the same, but my Lotto money has nearly ran out!!?

Thanks,

Scott

Do any of you guys know if this filter problem would show up on Ford's recall section web site with your VIN # entered???

I don't know about that website. It's hard to say whether this would be a recall or a TSB issue. One of our dealer folks should check this and weigh in...budford, ratnacage, or that other guy who's name I can't remember (no disrespect, just a bad memory :hysterical: ).

I don't know about that website. It's hard to say whether this would be a recall or a TSB issue. One of our dealer folks should check this and weigh in...budford, ratnacage, or that other guy who's name I can't remember (no disrespect, just a bad memory :hysterical: ).

I think his name is Herchell.

Dear K&N,

HELLO? HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE A F@#%ING AIR CLEANER FOR THIS CAR?

Thank you.

Dear K&N,

HELLO? HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE A F@#%ING AIR CLEANER FOR THIS CAR?

Thank you.

Where did the guy from svtperformance get his from? Was it just a mached-up proto type? All the local auto part stores, no Ford dealers' part centers do not carry a replacement STOCK air filter??

Ven, let us know the outcome of the TSB search. :happy feet:

Dave

There are currently 10 TSB's that are listed for under the VIN number that was given to me to search. Its important to note though that they are not just for the GT500, but for other Mustang variants as well as several other vehicles. I can post all the TSB's here if your interested. Let me know.

There are currently 10 TSB's that are listed for under the VIN number that was given to me to search. Its important to note though that they are not just for the GT500, but for other Mustang variants as well as several other vehicles. I can post all the TSB's here if your interested. Let me know.

Here you go........hope this helps. Each one of these has a link to the problem and the fix from Ford, although I can only list it for you. I cant give you access. Let me know if you need specifics.

Technical Service Bulletins

2007 MUSTANG - US (English)

06-26-2

CARPET REMOVE AND REPLACE

06-26-1

MERCON ATF IS BEING REPLACED BY MERCON V AS A SERVICE FLUID FOR SOME MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS

06-25-15

ALUMINUM BODY PANELS - CORROSION - SERVICE TIP

06-25-3

PIONEER NAVIGATION RADIO - SEEK FUNCTION INOPERATIVE - SERVICE TIP

06-22-18

POWER WINDOW DIAGNOSIS

06-22-16

CONVERTIBLE TOP WEAR - BUILT BEFORE 10/11/2006

06-21-19

HEATER CORE LEAKAGE AND ELECTROLYSIS (INFORMATION ONLY)

06-21-7

AUDIO / NAVIGATION SERVICE AND ORDERING PROCEDURES

06-19-2

8.8 LIMITED SLIP AXLE MOAN/GROAN NOISE DURING LOW SPEED TURNING MANEUVERS

06-17-8

SERVICE WIRING HARNESS REPLACEMENT GUIDELINES - SERVICE TIPS

TSBs found:10

Here you go........hope this helps.

Technical Service Bulletins

2007 MUSTANG - US (English)

06-26-2

CARPET REMOVE AND REPLACE

06-26-1

MERCON ATF IS BEING REPLACED BY MERCON V AS A SERVICE FLUID FOR SOME MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS

06-25-15

ALUMINUM BODY PANELS - CORROSION - SERVICE TIP

06-25-3

PIONEER NAVIGATION RADIO - SEEK FUNCTION INOPERATIVE - SERVICE TIP

06-22-18

POWER WINDOW DIAGNOSIS

06-22-16

CONVERTIBLE TOP WEAR - BUILT BEFORE 10/11/2006

06-21-19

HEATER CORE LEAKAGE AND ELECTROLYSIS (INFORMATION ONLY)

06-21-7

AUDIO / NAVIGATION SERVICE AND ORDERING PROCEDURES

06-19-2

8.8 LIMITED SLIP AXLE MOAN/GROAN NOISE DURING LOW SPEED TURNING MANEUVERS

06-17-8

SERVICE WIRING HARNESS REPLACEMENT GUIDELINES - SERVICE TIPS

TSBs found:10

Thanks for your research and time.

Archived