TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Really? "Last 2 Functional Ram Air Hoods available from Shelby"

Bud a question--- My SS was delivered just about a year ago with the ford racing supercharger. The hood has a raised section on the underside on the forward drivers side with three[3] holes cut out in a triangle pattern as delivered.From reading this and other forums I have been told there is an air flow issue [blowing out the candle ] at high speed when you depress the clutch which can cause stalling. What are you recommending for hoods with three holes to avoid the stalling issue and is Shelby considering a recall to avoid any serious accidents resulting from high speed stalling

That is a good question.

We only saw issues with the hoods that were wide open---this was addressed before ANY SS's left the shop. We had a couple very very early issues with the baffles that had 6 holes. These ones were already addressed. We have nad no know issues with the ones with the 4 holes or as some of the outside modshops used 3 holes.

These issues were caught very early on and were either addressed in shop or on a per car basis. If there is an issue with any of them now, it could possibly more of a tune issue that an airflow issue. Due to these issues being caught very early on in the builds, there would be no recall warranted. Out of the 2 1/2 years or so of these being built---by us or the modshops--I only heard of one--maybe two that had an issues---but then again, that was really early in the build.

Plus, the ones we did see an issue on, they all had the KB S/C installed. I do not believe (and I could be wrong here) we had any issues with the 605hp set up.

Bud

(ok, I'm going to bed now. 18+ hours a day is a bit too much LOL CYA at 4am!!!! :))

Archived