TEAM SHELBY FORUM

VIN came today!

swa737

Me too. Ordered on Nov. 24. Vin and DORA today. :happy feet:

I thought you didn't have a DORA yet, I was going to ask the GM for some info tomorrow...good thing I saw your post. Are you calling CS tomorrow??

I thought I would post this for guys who are curious about the ordering timeline. My order went into the computer on Dec 11th and received the VOC. Today, the 18th, I received my VIN and DORA. I have a build date of Jan 8th.

Hope this helps!

Welcome swa737 !!

I thought I would post this for guys who are curious about the ordering timeline. My order went into the computer on Dec 11th and received the VOC. Today, the 18th, I received my VIN and DORA. I have a build date of Jan 8th.

Hope this helps!

Congrats & welcome, swa737! You must post pics when you take delivery! :hyper: :happy feet:

So, are you good, too?????

Thanks for the welcome, fellas! It's truly great to be a part of this! Everyone here has helped greatly in my quest and I hope to return the favor and help others. I plan on doing the LAS pickup, too. S/C and hood mods for me!

For what it's worth, someone on the Shelby message board said they had talked to Steve as Shelby. Steve indicated that the mod shop at shelby would not be up until March 7th. IF this is true, I wonder how the timeline will work out?

Thanks for the welcome, fellas! It's truly great to be a part of this! Everyone here has helped greatly in my quest and I hope to return the favor and help others. I plan on doing the LAS pickup, too. S/C and hood mods for me!

For what it's worth, someone on the Shelby message board said they had talked to Steve as Shelby. Steve indicated that the mod shop at shelby would not be up until March 7th. IF this is true, I wonder how the timeline will work out?

Steve told me over the phone and via E-mail that the 40th annv. Pkg. Mods for the GT500 start in March. The Shelby GT should start any day if it has not already started.

Steve told me over the phone and via E-mail that the 40th annv. Pkg. Mods for the GT500 start in March. The Shelby GT should start any day if it has not already started.

Ahhh, thanks for the correction! That's good news...

For folks with a DORA, you can call 800-962-3746 and get your build date status. Select option 2. You will need the dealer code minus the middle letter and order number or VIN.

Ahhh, thanks for the correction! That's good news...

For folks with a DORA, you can call 800-962-3746 and get your build date status. Select option 2. You will need the dealer code minus the middle letter and order number or VIN.

Did you know that if you do not know the dealer code,they will look it up for you if you give them the dealers zip code.

I talked to John at SAI last week and he also told me that the Mod Shop doesn't open until March. They may have started building the GTs this week but my understanding was if you want any mods that wouldn't take place until March.

I called the number (thanks swa) I used the dealer code and order code from my VOC and it worked. My car is scheduled for January 8th. Does anybody have a rough timeline on how long it takes to build? Thanks, Ross

Yor car will get built in 24 hours and then take 10 days to get striped and then take some more time for QA/QC. Figure 30 days from build date you will have it if your lucky.

I called the number last night. Great post swa737, Thanks.

After I entered the information (dealer, body, order #), the nice automated lady on the other end said my car was released on 12/11 for delivery on 12/26 (I assume to SAI). On 12/12 my dealer said there wasn't a VIN. I am awaiting a call back from my salesperson. When I hear from my dealer and they have a VIN I am going to call the order status back and enter the VIN.

My question, is all that possible? Could the car have been built and released by Ford before the VIN went into the system?

Thanks All,

Chris

PS.

Grabber, 24 hours to build and 10 days to stripe??? Are you refering to SAI or Ford? And really 10 days to stripe?????

After I entered the information (dealer, body, order #), the nice automated lady on the other end said my car was released on 12/11 for delivery on 12/26 (I assume to SAI). On 12/12 my dealer said there wasn't a VIN. I am awaiting a call back from my salesperson. When I hear from my dealer and they have a VIN I am going to call the order status back and enter the VIN.

My question, is all that possible? Could the car have been built and released by Ford before the VIN went into the system?

Thanks All,

Chris

PS.

Grabber, 24 hours to build and 10 days to stripe??? Are you refering to SAI or Ford? And really 10 days to stripe?????

Hey guys, just remember that Ford practically shuts down starting Friday until after the 1st of the year, so realistically even if you get your build date this week nothing is probably going to happen until after Jan. 1. So car gets built, sent by rail to Vegas, I understand 6 - 8 weeks for SAI to do their thing, another rail ship back to Ford distribuution center and then by truck to your dealership, I think you're looking at March unless you pick up in Vegas. What do others think?

Also, I had my DORA 2 days after the dealer placed the order but still don't have a VIN yet either. Thanks again to SWA737 for the great post on how to get your build date status.

Performance White

Manual

Light Graphite

Interior Upgrade

Anti theft

Hey guys, just remember that Ford practically shuts down starting Friday until after the 1st of the year, so realistically even if you get your build date this week nothing is probably going to happen until after Jan. 1. So car gets built, sent by rail to Vegas, I understand 6 - 8 weeks for SAI to do their thing, another rail ship back to Ford distribuution center and then by truck to your dealership, I think you're looking at March unless you pick up in Vegas. What do others think?

Also, I had my DORA 2 days after the dealer placed the order but still don't have a VIN yet either. Thanks again to SWA737 for the great post on how to get your build date status.

Performance White

Manual

Light Graphite

Interior Upgrade

Anti theft

Okay I checked my order status today and it said clean and unscheduled. I understand the unscheduled part but what do they mean by clean? Anybody? Thanks

Thanks All,

Chris

PS.

Grabber is right on re the striping which is done at the N.A.M.O plant . As for the vin. It must have vin before it is built

Okay I checked my order status today and it said clean and unscheduled. I understand the unscheduled part but what do they mean by clean? Anybody? Thanks

Matl HOLD - unit can't schedule... something is not available.

Unschd/clean- unit isn't scheduled (no VIN, no date, no guarantee to build), but is a buildable order once allocation and comodities allow.

Submitted to plant- Unit assigend a VIN and assy plant, plant is assigning build date.

Scheduled- has a build date and a vin

Locked in- Changes can no longer be made to this order, unit is either close to being built, or at the end of the year they lock in orders early so they don't have left over parts between model years.

Bucked- Unit is close to production, its my understanding that this mean the frame is on a Buck thats used to roll it down the line.

Produced- Unit is built

Rel from plant- Unit is built and through inspection, avaible to ship. May also say Rel to Rail, or rel to convoy depending on location

ttgxx7837934- or some weird number like this means its on a rail car and thats the number.

Arrived at ramp XX- has arrived at the rail head and been unloaded, the XX is a usually a number and letter.

Well, my salesperson didn't call back today....So I don't know a VIN yet.....However, I just got off the phone with the nice automated lady at Ford and she said my car was shipped on 12/18 with an estimated arrival the week of 1/2. I wonder if that holds true because of the holidays.

Does anybody know a way for me to get the VIN without going through my salesperson? She is great and I know she will call back but my PSDS is on overdrive right now.

Well, my salesperson didn't call back today....So I don't know a VIN yet.....However, I just got off the phone with the nice automated lady at Ford and she said my car was shipped on 12/18 with an estimated arrival the week of 1/2. I wonder if that holds true because of the holidays.

Does anybody know a way for me to get the VIN without going through my salesperson? She is great and I know she will call back but my PSDS is on overdrive right now.

You can try the same thing I have been doing. Still no VIN for me either but at least I know how to check with Ford now.

ERL Info

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...showtopic=3364

Hey, Mil.....I know you optioned out pretty heavily. Did you get a grand total? Just curious...

The base Shelby GT I optioned out was not that much as I only got the NAV but no final pricing with all the Shelby extras as well. They don't have the prices on the site yet. As soon as they do you can bet I will figure up a total.

:happy feet:

Hope this helps!

Your joining a great fraternity of guys ( gals too ). Its an incredible car with magnet attraction. THE CAR DRAWS CROUDS LIKE U HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE

Wont be long now

dond

The base Shelby GT I optioned out was not that much as I only got the NAV but no final pricing with all the Shelby extras as well. They don't have the prices on the site yet. As soon as they do you can bet I will figure up a total.

:happy feet:

Cooooooool....I know what you are lookin' at dude...better up your m/c or visa limit! :hysterical:

I can see you now:

(Shelby American) What'll you have with your Shelby, Sir?

(Mil) I'll have the s/c

(Shelby American) Will that be all, Sir?

(Mil) ...and the 20" Razors "to go"

(Shelby American) You want tires with that?

(Mil) Yes, please...

(Mil) ...and the Brake Upgrade

(Mil) ...and the Engine dress up kit

(Mil) ...and the door handles

(Mil) ...and the lamp upgrade

(Mil) ...and the ducts please

(Mil) ...and the fogs, if you could?

(Mil) ...and the right side of the menu...?

(Mil) ...and the left side of the menu......?

(Mil) ...and the air freshener...

:hysterical::hysterical2:

Hey good news! I got my VIN today. Car ius scheduled to be built the week of 1-08-06.

WHOOO HOOOOO

Congrats, Man! Good luck!!!!!

Your joining a great fraternity of guys ( gals too ). Its an incredible car with magnet attraction. THE CAR DRAWS CROUDS LIKE U HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE

Wont be long now

dond

Congrats to you, too!!!

I would not know... :cry:

I'm still got Shelby envy... :drop: waiting for a 'vert :hyper:

riharley

Congrats! I have the same build week, too! It's going to be a fun ride!

Congrats to you, three!!!

Sure...you hardtop boys are all alike!!! :finger: I might just have to get a coupe an' a sawzall, damnit!!! Then I'll have my 'vert!!! :redcard::stop:

• 2 months later...

I have been submitted to plant!! I think I'll have a heart attack now! I have a partial Vin but not a build date. I have been waiting since Jan. of 05 for this moment. I think my PSDS just kicked into hight gear. I thought it would ease up once I was off of material hold, but I was WRONG!! I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight.

Archived