TEAM SHELBY FORUM

another scammer on a GT500

tonto

these guys are everywhere.this is the reply i got in regards to a GT500.:

Hi there,

The car is still for sale. It is located in Moorpark, CA and this is the car VIN number: 1ZVHT88S185127687. The car is registered on my name and the title is clear (no lien). It is in great condition, no dents or scratches. It was always garaged and the regular maintenance was done in time. It wasn't involved in any accident and has never suffered any kind of damage. Also this is a non-smoker car. If you have any questions regarding the car or you want extra photos or the CARFAX report (for free) just let me know!

Today I've put myself on a plane to Washington and I'll spend the next couple of weeks away from home(I own a small hotel here). A very good friend of mine owns a truck company and if you are really interested, for my asking price I'll deliver the car for free anywhere in US.

Giving the nature of this transaction we can escrow the payment with Google Checkout, and this way you're not buying something sight unseen. I've used their services in the past to buy my wife's car. They will keep the money until you will receive and inspect the car. You will have 5 days to inspect the car. If the car is not like described you will have to ship it back on my expense and they will give you a full refund. This way, you will be able to inspect the vehicle before committing to buy it and I know that you have the money and you aren't just fooling around.

I’m a serious person and I hope you are one also, because I really don’t have time to lose.

Thanks

Terry

---------------------------

VEHICLE INFORMATION

Make: Ford

Model: Mustang

Year: 2008

Price: 28500

Mileage: 306

Body Style: Coupe

Color: Gray

Cylinders: 8 Cylinder

Transmission: Manual

Doors: Two Door

Stereo: Unavailable

Description: Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Steering, Remote Keyless Entry, Bucket Seats, Leather Interior, Power Seats, Airbag: Driver, Airbag: Passenger, Alarm, Anti-Lock Brakes, A/C: Front, Fog Lights, CD Changer, Premium Sound, Power Windows, Rear Window Defroster, Alloy Wheels

Selling Points: This 2008 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 V8 includes: 2 Doors, 4-wheel ABS brakes, 5.4 liter V8 DOHC engine, 500 horsepower, 6-way power adjustable drivers seat, Air conditioning, Boost gauge, Center Console - Full with covered storage, Clock - In-radio, Compressor - Intercooled supercharger, Cruise control, Front fog/driving lights, Front seat type - Sport, Interior air filtration, Intermittent window wipers, Leather seats, Limited slip differential, Manual Transmission, Multi-function remote - Trunk/hatch/door, Passenger Airbag, Power mirrors, Power steering, Power windows with 2 one-touch, Privacy/tinted glass, Rear bench seats, Rear defogger, Rear spoiler - Lip, Rear-wheel drive, Remote power door locks, Tachometer, Tilt steering wheel, Traction control - ABS and driveline, Trip computer

Condition: This car is brand new only 300 miles and is beautiful in every way. You must see this car and drive it to feel the power.

thats the thing,they want you to send the money and they will deliver the car.but there will not be a delivery.

hmmm, how much regular maintenance required on a 306 mile car, and stereo unavailable?

think i'd be better off trading trinkets for manhattan

For the price, offer to pay cashier's check in person and just fly there and drive it back. He gets the money and you get the title and keys, if he says sure no problem, then you have a great deal and no drama. A plane ticket is hardly a cost in a matter like this.

Escrow is one way to be scammed, but I bought a boat that way and it worked out fine....so it doesnt mean automatically that it is a scam. In fact, I bought the boat sight unseen and had a third party drive it to me through UShip.com or something like that for 600.00 from CT to TX...

Funny, when you run the VIN, it comes up as a white with blue stripe coupe - not gray. That and the seller doesn't mention:

- Sat radio

- HID headlamps

- Shaker 1000

- Ambient lighting

- Full vehicle cover

These are all listed on the car's window sticker - you'd think they'd be selling points.

VIN for ZVHT88S185127687

Well at least they used a vin from an actual GT500. :hysterical:

Archived