TEAM SHELBY FORUM

'10 Camaro OUT PERFORMS '10 GT500. LMAO!

TexasShelby

Yes you saw it right, I Googled Shelby GT500 shirts and the first listing was....

2010 CAMERO out performs 2010 Shelby GT500, well, I had to click on it, and it's a comparison of all the crap they've loaded the Camero with that Ford didn't put on the Mustang. All of the items had nothing what so ever to do with performance. Period, go see for yourself. These are the items in the "performance comparison"

Automatic Crash Response

Emergency Services

Crisis Assist Standard

Stolen Vehicle Assistance

Remote Ignition Block

Remote Door Unlock

Roadside Assistance

Remote Horn and Lights

Hands-Free Calling

Vehicle Diagnostics

Low Mileage Discount

Here's the link....Shelby himself should contact GM and have this removed. That's terrible, I thought more of GM than that.

2010 Camero Out Performs 2010 Shelby GT500

Yeah and all that stuff is called "OnStar". And yes I wish OnStar was not linked to only GM, I had this in my 2500HD and do have in the wife's Tahoe.

I do have to say it is the Best factory system out there today.

If you have ever had a car/truck with OnStar, you will miss it when it is gone. Best of all is that it is a stand alone system. ie you do not need a cell phone to use it, like Sync does.

Stolen Vehicle Assistance

Remote Ignition Block

Automatic Crash Response

Emergency Services

Crisis Assist Standard

Roadside Assistance

So I'm taking it that Camaroos are easy to steal and that GM also anticipates a lot of problems with them!!! :hysterical:

So I'm taking it that Camaroos are easy to steal and that GM also anticipates a lot of problems with them!!! :hysterical:

Lol, this is the new version of OnStar. They can now shut the car down if it is involved in a chase. They can pull all sorts of data from this, you don't even want to know.

I have had 3 rigs with onstar....never use it...kind of cool but WTF get an iphone much better. Who wants a seperate number for the car in the cell phone age...sync is better if you ask me. Now about the hands free adapter for the Nav system...FORD are you there?

Not sure but I think we have most (if not all) of this. I just used the hands free option via bluetooth, synch and voice commands. Pretty cool just said "Call Home" and bang it dialed and connected. I also remember my sales guy telling me about remote unlock and crash assistance.

What gives?

DaFreak

I have had 3 rigs with onstar....never use it...kind of cool but WTF get an iphone much better. Who wants a seperate number for the car in the cell phone age...sync is better if you ask me. Now about the hands free adapter for the Nav system...FORD are you there?

We use it for the remote unlock feature (kids and lock buttons), and crash/airbag deployment reports. I love my car but unless you have your phone, and it survives the crash Sync is usless.

OnStar not only contacts help, it pinpoints your location. Trust me this works, I have responded to several calls reported by OnStar.

So when it comes down to my families safety, I trust OnStar.

Sync can't do shit for you, if you, 1. Don't have your cell, 2. Cell becomes damaged or is ejected from car.

I can only hope one day OnStar or something like it makes it to Ford and all other cars on the road.

We use it for the remote unlock feature (kids and lock buttons), and crash/airbag deployment reports. I love my car but unless you have your phone, and it survives the crash Sync is usless.

OnStar not only contacts help, it pinpoints your location. Trust me this works, I have responded to several calls reported by OnStar.

So when it comes down to my families safety, I trust OnStar.

Sync can't do shit for you, if you, 1. Don't have your cell, 2. Cell becomes damaged or is ejected from car.

I can only hope one day OnStar or something like it makes it to Ford and all other cars on the road.

2 things; 1 Activate GPS on your phone and 2, Onstar ain't worth shit if the battery goes!!!

There are Pro's and Con's to all options...

2 things; 1 Activate GPS on your phone and 2, Onstar ain't worth shit if the battery goes!!!

There are Pro's and Con's to all options...

Well no system will work w/o the battery! And a standalone system is just a better way to go. Also not all phones have BT, yeah Sync is cool, that is if you are to lazy to push the buttons on your steering wheel. And can you call Sync and have them download directions and route to your Nav system? Can Sync get you reservations to a show, dinner or anything else?

So to each his/her own, I just like OnStar v. Sync. I don't like the idea of being tied to my cell provider, OnStar jumps servers to ensure optimal coverage.

So everyone just enjoy your Sync.

Archived