TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Autograph Price Differences???

I am interested in getting my visor signed by Carroll Shelby.

After spending a little time poking around using the search function here and also using google, it appears that there are two places (or maybe more) to be able to do that by making a donation to the charity.

It appears that the donation is $265 total through the cscf.org direct at the Carroll Shelby Foundation.

It also appears that the donation is $290 through Carrollshelbymerchandise.com.

Both include return freight and a certificate of authenticity.

Is there any particular reason to use one over the other (other than the obvious price difference)??

I am wanting to make a move on this now, and don't want to screw it up! Thanks!

After spending a little time poking around using the search function here and also using google, it appears that there are two places (or maybe more) to be able to do that by making a donation to the charity.

It appears that the donation is $265 total through the cscf.org direct at the Carroll Shelby Foundation.

Is there any particular reason to use one over the other (other than the obvious price difference)??

The more expensive is with permanent marker. The lower price is with crayons.

HSURB®

First let me say I am in no way speaking for the Shelby Foundation or the csm.com website when I make this reply to your post.

I believe the $25 higher price from csm.com is because they will be FedExing you a redeemable certificate for an autograph. There are expenses involved with producing these certificates, processing these certificates and FedExing these certificates which the $25 probably helps cover.

My take is that the certificates are to be purchased more as a gift for your favorite Shelby enthusiast who will then redeem it thru the Shelby foundation.

If you are looking to get an autograph yourself I would suggest just going directly to the Shelby Foundation and save the $25

Steve

I'm not real savy with this forum stuff, and I don't know if ya got an answer to your question, but I got my autograph thru the CSCF @ http://www.cscf.org/donating_autograph.php. Hope this helps!

I went via his foundation for my Air bag, it was $265 and included shipping. took maybe 2 weeks. looks great and came with certificate

Thanks for the quick response guys!!!

I would agree, the extra price would seem to cover the pre-package that could be offered as a gift possibly.

THANKS!!!

Archived