TEAM SHELBY FORUM

console lid fitment

I received my new embroidered console lid from Gary Disney last week and it's a real beauty.

However, after mounting it, I realized it wouldn't latch. These things are dummy proof, so I'm not sure what the deal is. Anyone else have this problem?

Ken

p.s. I'll get a pic or two up in a bit.

OK OK here ya go.

Is it just me or do the headrest covers look even cheesier, now that I have this legit little console lid installed? :lurk:

Ken

DSC00231.jpg

DSC00232.jpg

DSC00230.jpg

I like the look of the cover. For me the headrests are a little much. But we all like different things. If you like them great.

I probably would like the headrests covers a little more if you were to give them to me. :hysterical: Then I know I would like them more. :hysterical:

The armrest cover looks great! The headrests on the other hand look like they're on black leather, no? They just don't flow. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for that armrest cover, and did you have to supply or return your original as a core charge?

looks like the headrest covers are a different hue than the rest of the material. IMHO there is nothing like saying the product name at least 50 times on the same vehicle...just like a new HD...not for me but neither are red interiors even in silver cars...

The armrest cover looks great! The headrests on the other hand look like they're on black leather, no? They just don't flow. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for that armrest cover, and did you have to supply or return your original as a core charge?

Yeah you're right. The covers are off a little. These are the older Scott Drake slip on covers. I may upgrade to the new embroidered complete headrests that match this new console lid.

The console lid was $270. http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...le%20Cover.aspx

They used to allow you to mail your original lid in, but not anymore. You have to buy the complete unit.

Ken

OK OK here ya go.

Is it just me or do the headrest covers look even cheesier, now that I have this legit little console lid installed? :lurk:

Ken

Humm...I can't see how the cover would mess things up. Was it something you do as part of how you install it? Taking it apart?

:headscratch:

Humm...I can't see how the cover would mess things up. Was it something you do as part of how you install it? Taking it apart?

:headscratch:

It looks like it just needed to 'settle in' a bit. After driving the car all day yesterday and this morning, the lid now closes fine. I guess the leather needed to get squished down a bit.

Either way, I'm happy it works! :happy feet:

Ditch the seats altogether and put in some real racing seats... That's on my to do list for next year.... I'm starting to think my Shelby is a Shelby down to the plate under the hood and the one on the dash... the rest of it is MINE!!!

I'm with ya man. I've had Griggs power racing buckets on order for a couple months. I can't wait to get them installed.

Ken

OK OK here ya go.

Ken

DSC00230.jpg

I like the armrest. I bought the ScottDrake cover a long time ago and thought that the install was a little risky for a amature like me. I just haven't gotten to a good upholstery shop yet...

I need to get that done soon.

It looks like it just needed to 'settle in' a bit. After driving the car all day yesterday and this morning, the lid now closes fine. I guess the leather needed to get squished down a bit.

Either way, I'm happy it works! :happy feet:

I'm with ya man. I've had Griggs power racing buckets on order for a couple months. I can't wait to get them installed.

Ken

Cool!

Looks nice!

Archived